Cleveland Guardians

GUARDIANS win division:

Kwan 5 RBI and a grand slam:

If Francona doesn't get manager of the year and Kwan rookie of the year it's rigged.
Francona has a very good shot at MOY. Kwan has been great, but will finish no higher than third in ROY and as low as fifth. This is a strong year for AL rookies. The OF from Seattle has it locked up. The C from Baltimore will finish second. As much as I’ve loved watching Kwan, Rodriguez from Seattle looks like a generational talent. I hope he’s sitting home after the first playoff series, though, while the NYC media is finding out about Kwan as he leads off against the Yankees.

Last edited:
So, who do you guys think the Guards will play in the WC round? Seattle? TB? I can't see Baltimore making up 4 games on Seattle or Toronto dropping behind the Mariners but I suppose it is possible. TB has a much tougher schedule than Seattle left, including three with Cleveland and then Houston and Boston, all on the road. I know the Guardians & Astros will probably be resting some of their starters in those series, but I think it could be the Rays.

So, who do you guys think the Guards will play in the WC round? Seattle? TB? I can't see Baltimore making up 4 games on Seattle or Toronto dropping behind the Mariners but I suppose it is possible. TB has a much tougher schedule than Seattle left, including three with Cleveland and then Houston and Boston, all on the road. I know the Guardians & Astros will probably be resting some of their starters in those series, but I think it could be the Rays.
Guards go into the final week in set up mode so TB may catch a nice break in the schedule. While position players will see plenty of ABs to stay sharp the pitching will become very erratic as they set up the rotation and give relievers the appearances they want/need based upon recent usage. Interesting discussion brewing on what to do about the right side of the field. Naylor and Gonzales should be in the line up for ever playoff game but who is the 3rd wheel that can act as a DH?

Of the wild card teams I am most afraid of Seattle; HR hitting team that can take advantage of the Guards mistakes, especially McKenzie's propensity to give up HRs. They also have a pair of crafty lefty starters that can throw slow breaking balls that negate lefties Ramirez & Naylor's love of fastballs and make the younger guys chase junk out of the zone.

Guards go into the final week in set up mode so TB may catch a nice break in the schedule. While position players will see plenty of ABs to stay sharp the pitching will become very erratic as they set up the rotation and give relievers the appearances they want/need based upon recent usage. Interesting discussion brewing on what to do about the right side of the field. Naylor and Gonzales should be in the line up for ever playoff game but who is the 3rd wheel that can act as a DH?

Of the wild card teams I am most afraid of Seattle; HR hitting team that can take advantage of the Guards mistakes, especially McKenzie's propensity to give up HRs. They also have a pair of crafty lefty starters that can throw slow breaking balls that negate lefties Ramirez & Naylor's love of fastballs and make the younger guys chase junk out of the zone.
Seattle will very likely be the draw. They are slipping with Rodriguez injured, but not enough to be caught by the Orioles.

It might have to be Miller depending on who is on the post season roster. I guess I can live with Miller as the DH just please keep him off first base.

It might have to be Miller depending on who is on the post season roster. I guess I can live with Miller as the DH just please keep him off first base.
You've got Kwan, Gonzales, and Brennan to fill two of the three OF spots. Straw in Center, and one of those three is DH.

You've got Kwan, Gonzales, and Brennan to fill two of the three OF spots. Straw in Center, and one of those three is DH.
I agree assuming Brennan is on the post season roster. The reason I said depending on who is on the post season roster in the original post is that the other day Francona said that he told Brennan when he came up "....you're here for 2 weeks........." As long as Miller does not play 1B in the playoffs I can live with whoever it is. :)

Last edited:
Living in Arizona, at the start of the season, I had no knowledge about anything concerning the Tribe. More than half of the players were totally unknown to me. I knew that they were playing in a mediocre division, and figured the Tribe to be accordingly mediocre. I hoped that they would win about 80 games. Well, it seems that I totally underestimated Tito and the front office. As an example, I said who the heck is this Kwan guy. So I tip my hat to all the Tribe members. I just hope they draw more than 15000 for a playoff game.

Last edited:
Living in Arizona, at the start of the season, I had no knowledge about anything concerning the Tribe. More than half of the players were totally unknown to me. I knew that they were playing in a mediocre division, and figured the Tribe to be accordingly mediocre. I hoped that they would win about 80 games. Well, it seems that I totally underestimated Tito and the front office. As an example, I said who the heck is his Kwan guy. So I tip my hat to all the Tribe members. I just hope they draw more than 15000 for a playoff game.
If this thread is any indication, they’ll magically start drawing well. This thread was dead all season except for people making fun of Brian for bashing Tito. Now suddenly there are several people on the last couple of pages that weren’t posting in this thread prior to now. The bandwagoners are ready to jump on board.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

If this thread is any indication, they’ll magically start drawing well. This thread was dead all season except for people making fun of Brian for bashing Tito. Now suddenly there are several people on the last couple of pages that weren’t posting in this thread prior to now. The bandwagoners are ready to jump on board.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

While it's true I have not posted on this thread until recently, I would bet a significant amount that I have been following the Indians/Guardians closely and going to games longer than most people on this thread have been alive. :)

TV ratings have been great...but attendance has not been...for whatever reason. Cleveland is a football town, where people throw their money at that franchise regardless of the product on the field.

Can't wait to see batting order tonite,I remember laughing at the first one in April which makes this just amazing.

It will be interesting once we get to the playoffs and the pressure ratchets up several notches. I hope the starters go deep. I know the pen collectively has gelled in the second half, but there are a lot of guys I don’t trust with a playoff game on the line..,Morgan, Stephan, Shaw, Karinchak, Clase to be precise.