Cleveland Browns 2024 Edition

Current acts that sell out stadiums:

Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, BTS, Coldplay,​

David Njoku was the "guest drawer" at the St. Ignatius Scholarship drawing.

Njoku was in attendance as the school's "guest scholarship drive ticket puller." Each year, St. Ignatius conducts a fundraiser geared at providing scholarship funds to students, a tradition that dates back to 1939.

Hoyer responds to Manziel's accusations. Feels no bitterness toward Manziel, but does toward Ray Farmer and Haslam.

“Johnny’s right. That was an opportunity for me to go out and be the starter of my hometown team. But I was kind of apathetic towards him I would say,” Hoyer said. “I didn’t go out of my way to be a jerk to him. In the same sense, I was trying to win this job and go out and perform the best I could. I feel sorry that he feels that way about it.

“I never had any animosity towards him. If anything, it was towards the owner (Jimmy Haslam) and the GM (Ray Farmer) who were always trying to push him ahead of me when clearly, he wasn’t ready and I was gonna be the starter.

Now Manziel has announced he's boycotting the Heisman ceremony in support of Reggie Bush. I really wish someone would tell him he's now irrelevant and nobody gives a s***. In fact, the NY Athletic Club is probably glad he's not coming as he's an embarrassment.

Considering the neighborhood in which the stadium would be built, perhaps the Cleveland Hookers might work well. If anyone questions the appropriateness of the name, they can just say that, instead of honoring Paul Brown, they are honoring Fair Hooker.

1709421245369.png

Nice story about former Browns wr Braylon Edwards. I believe Edwards also promised to help pay for a group of Cleveland area kindergarten kids college education or something along those lines back when he was playing.

Decent player but his production never matched his draft position as the 3rd overall pick in the draft. However, I don’t recall any bad press about him and he seems to be a stand up guy. Good for him.

Considering the neighborhood in which the stadium would be built, perhaps the Cleveland Hookers might work well. If anyone questions the appropriateness of the name, they can just say that, instead of honoring Paul Brown, they are honoring Fair Hooker.

View attachment 55265
Easily the most amazing name in Browns history. Maybe all of sports. In a close battle with baseball's Rusty Kuntz.

View attachment 55265
Rough quote from Don Meredith - something along the lines of "I never met one"

While I'd love to believe Flacco enjoyed his time as a Brown so much he can't wait to come back, anyone think this is a negotiating tactic? If you don't give me what I ask for I can always go back to the Browns.

While I'd love to believe Flacco enjoyed his time as a Brown so much he can't wait to come back, anyone think this is a negotiating tactic? If you don't give me what I ask for I can always go back to the Browns.
Flacco will go where he gets the most money.

I don't think he's negotiating for salary so much as he might be a starting situation.

And I don't think he wants to be a starter on a 5-12 team.

I think it's 50-50 that he comes back here, and we'll know by month's end.

Jerry juedy for a 5 and a 6 wow.
Only bad thing is he is in the last year of his contract, as are Moore and Cooper. Browns might need a whole new set of WR’s next year. They are clearly going for it in 2024, with the core still together.

I don't mind a 5th and 6th for Jeudy. Those guys generally aren't real contributors. The only downside is the contract since Denver picked up his rookie option ($13M). I see him as a 1.5 receiver, not unlike Cooper. A guy who's not quite an elite number 1 but better than most second receivers. Now let's get Watson healthy and hope he can get back to his old Texans form.

I don't mind a 5th and 6th for Jeudy. Those guys generally aren't real contributors. The only downside is the contract since Denver picked up his rookie option ($13M). I see him as a 1.5 receiver, not unlike Cooper. A guy who's not quite an elite number 1 but better than most second receivers. Now let's get Watson healthy and hope he can get back to his old Texans form.

I agree mostly with what you said about the trade, this is obviously a one year rental for the 2024 season. In 2025 it gets far more difficult for the Browns because of Watson’s cap hit. Like many NFL wr’s, there has been attitude issues/concerns with Juedy but the talent is there - he was a 1st rd pick for a reason.

In the 2023 draft, 11 wr’s were taken in the 5th & 6th rounds. Two notable picks were Cin wr Andrei Lovisas (6th rd, #206) and Rams wr Puka Nacua (5th rd, #176). I believe the Cinci wr will take over for Tee Higgins in 2025 and well, we all know Puka’s story.

I agree mostly with what you said about the trade, this is obviously a one year rental for the 2024 season. In 2025 it gets far more difficult for the Browns because of Watson’s cap hit. Like many NFL wr’s, there has been attitude issues/concerns with Juedy but the talent is there - he was a 1st rd pick for a reason.

In the 2023 draft, 11 wr’s were taken in the 5th & 6th rounds. Two notable picks were Cin wr Andrei Lovisas (6th rd, #206) and Rams wr Puka Nacua (5th rd, #176). I believe the Cinci wr will take over for Tee Higgins in 2025 and well, we all know Puka’s story.
Unless they have to move on from Watson completely, his contract will not handcuff then from being able to aggressively spend in future years. Assuming that Haslam is still willing to spend $50M more per year than the average team and the salary cap continues to go up, then they’ll be able to sustain this type of roster.

I highly recommend this article by Jack Duffin which explains the Browns salary cap management strategy and how it’s built to be sustainable.

Agreed, but those Puka type picks are pretty few and far between.