Cincinnati GMC vs GCL

Is it even close? GMC is 8-11 outside of conference. GCL is 14-4 outside of conference including "unreported" LaSalle loss to IMG. Three teams undefeated in GMC play are 0-4 vs GCL.

Is it even close? GMC is 8-11 outside of conference. GCL is 14-4 outside of conference including "unreported" LaSalle loss to IMG. Three teams undefeated in GMC play are 0-4 vs GCL.

What do you mean by "unreported"? You can see the game listed as a loss on La Salle's athletics website.

I wonder if GMC coaches will vote Lakota West, Lakota East, and Colerain 1-3 like last year?

Voting in what?

Voting in what?
Last year's Regional seedings were determined by coaches poll. The GMC coaches voted in a manner as to make a mockery of the seeding process. I had a number of posts on it last year.

Elder was #3 in Harbin's and given a #7 seed. Moeller was #9 in Harbins and given a #11 seed.

Relevant to last year's playoffs seeding process, but this year returns to use of the Harbins, so the voting is irrelevant.

2020 R4 OHSAA Brackets:

Eitel's standings from time of voting last year:

Elder was #3 in Harbin's and given a #7 seed. Moeller was #9 in Harbins and given a #11 seed.

Relevant to last year's playoffs seeding process, but this year returns to use of the Harbins, so the voting is irrelevant.

2020 R4 OHSAA Brackets:

Eitel's standings from time of voting last year:
Yeah, I remember … I was wondering if he thought that’s how they were still doing it.

You mean "Non-Recruiting Schools vs Recruiting Schools?"

So, lets put 6 other Cincinnati area Recruiting schools in the same league as the Big 4 and then compare Conferences. Wonder if the GCL would even be as strong as the ECC from top to bottom.
Where did Jyaire Brown come from again?

You mean "Non-Recruiting Schools vs Recruiting Schools?"

So, lets put 6 other Cincinnati area Recruiting schools in the same league as the Big 4 and then compare Conferences. Wonder if the GCL would even be as strong as the ECC from top to bottom.
Oh this tired argument again? The GCL schools recruit because they have to or else they would have no enrollment (unlike public schools). Parents still have to pay tuition for students to attend (unlike public schools). Have to test to get in to X (unlike public schools). Many don't have bussing to schools ( unlike most public schools). And let's not pretend we're mistaking GMC schools for CPS. Mason, the Lakota schools, and Fairfield all have great facilities and schools. Sycamore has a great school, and has plenty of money in the district. Oak Hills, Colerain, Middletown, and Hamilton all have huge districts, and it's not like Princeton is small. Kids get to go there free, usually on district provided transportation, and don't have to take any tests aside from the state proficiency jokes.

Want better schools, facilities, and coaches? Get the district to pass a levy. Want better teams? Develop the kids better. Don't want kids leaving to go to the GCL schools? Give them a reason to stay. Stop your freaking whining.

St.X stands alone as the best. I would put Lakota West ahead of Moeller, Elder, and Lasalle. I think Lakota East and Princeton could compete with all GCL except St.X.
What happened to Mekhi Lynn at Princeton?

St.X stands alone as the best. I would put Lakota West ahead of Moeller, Elder, and Lasalle. I think Lakota East and Princeton could compete with all GCL except St.X.
What happened to Mekhi Lynn at Princeton?
Well East already lost to Moeller, but I agree that West would be better than those 3. Princeton intrigues me

Oh this tired argument again? The GCL schools recruit because they have to or else they would have no enrollment (unlike public schools). Parents still have to pay tuition for students to attend (unlike public schools). Have to test to get in to X (unlike public schools). Many don't have bussing to schools ( unlike most public schools). And let's not pretend we're mistaking GMC schools for CPS. Mason, the Lakota schools, and Fairfield all have great facilities and schools. Sycamore has a great school, and has plenty of money in the district. Oak Hills, Colerain, Middletown, and Hamilton all have huge districts, and it's not like Princeton is small. Kids get to go there free, usually on district provided transportation, and don't have to take any tests aside from the state proficiency jokes.

Want better schools, facilities, and coaches? Get the district to pass a levy. Want better teams? Develop the kids better. Don't want kids leaving to go to the GCL schools? Give them a reason to stay. Stop your freaking whining.
It's really not even worth arguing

Lakota West would have been Colerainish for years if they would have gotten a good coach like they have now. For some reason they tolerated the ineptness of the prior coach because LW always had talent they just lacked good coaching. If Bolden stays around he'll build a program like Colerain used to be.

Lakota West would have been Colerainish for years if they would have gotten a good coach like they have now. For some reason they tolerated the ineptness of the prior coach because LW always had talent they just lacked good coaching. If Bolden stays around he'll build a program like Colerain used to be.
I think the ceiling may even be higher at LW

I think the ceiling may even be higher at LW
Short term, I agree. Long-term, Lakota West will never accomplish what Colerain has accomplished in conference. What the Cardinals have done over the last three DECADES will NEVER be duplicated again.

And honestly, I seriously doubt that Lakota West wins as many regional championships as Colerain has.

People think what happened at Colerain can be duplicated at West simply because of one man. Not going to happen.

-CardinalsFan

Why is this a thread! No one ever said anything about the GMC ever being better than the GCL SOUTH.being better. The public schools coaches found a way to “stick” to the GCL. It is what, what it is.

Short term, I agree. Long-term, Lakota West will never accomplish what Colerain has accomplished in conference. What the Cardinals have done over the last three DECADES will NEVER be duplicated again.

And honestly, I seriously doubt that Lakota West wins as many regional championships as Colerain has.

People think what happened at Colerain can be duplicated at West simply because of one man. Not going to happen.

-CardinalsFan
You may be right and I may not being giving colerain their due credit. I do think the potential is there for Lakota West to consistently be a player in R4

-CardinalsFan

I agree. It's like the Braves winning their division 14 or 15 straight years with only one World title. Sure, a team may win multiple world championships in a couple of years, but nobody (or very few) will have the long-term sustained success the Braves did.

Well this year lets see.....

LW X
Princeton moeller
East Lasalle
Mason vs Elder

Usually in years past this isn't even a conversation, but this year maybe it is.

Nobody is touching X so it doesnt matter

Why is this a thread! No one ever said anything about the GMC ever being better than the GCL SOUTH.being better. The public schools coaches found a way to “stick” to the GCL. It is what, what it is.
Correct, I was lost. Someone acting out their feelings and no facts!

I would rank the following

1. St Xavier
2-3 West/Moeller (this would be a match up to see. I think they are very similar)
4. East maybe? Them and West will be 8-1 in Week 10 and I could see West winning by 21+
5. Princeton is probably the cupcake 5-1 team. Not convinced at all of what they bring because they haven't been challenged besides getting shut out 24-0 to West which summarizes what they really have.
6-7. Elder and LaSalle
8- whatever is a toss up. Colerain is bad and the only reason they are 4-2 is because they have played 4 basement teams in their conference. They'll lose 3 of the next 4 games.