Chris Livingston Headed to Oak Hill

I wonder how much of the decision was his and his brother. Or is it the grandfather orchestrating this?

I also wonder how his Buchtel teammates feel, especially the kids who transferred from Copley.

Last edited:
Normally I’m against these kind of moves, but when it comes to the highest tier athletes I’m ok with it.
He is 2 years away from being in the NBA and going to Oak Hill will prepare him for his transitions to the next levels far more than Buchtel.

Normally I’m against these kind of moves, but when it comes to the highest tier athletes I’m ok with it.
He is 2 years away from being in the NBA and going to Oak Hill will prepare him for his transitions to the next levels far more than Buchtel.
I agree, I watched Buchtel play Shawnee last year in the regional. I have never seen a team so unprepared in a big game as Buchtel. They didn't have a scouting report, they had nothing. Just looked like they showed up and played. Too bad for the Livingston kid because he is AWESOME, but holy moly they were outcoached.

Then why go at all. Just go to the D-league for a year and get paid the entire time.
It'll be interesting to see how the economics of all this shakes out over the next few years. With the increased emphasis on the D League and with the introduction of NIL money for college students it will be interesting to see if the NIL money a college student can earn for one year in a big time school would outpace the D league money.

Some kids should use the Alonzo Gaffney path as an example. Played for 3 high schools in 4 years. Thought he was a 1 and done player. Now a junior is at Arizona St after spending a year at a juco.

Last edited:
All about the benjamins! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It'll be interesting to see how the economics of all this shakes out over the next few years. With the increased emphasis on the D League and with the introduction of NIL money for college students it will be interesting to see if the NIL money a college student can earn for one year in a big time school would outpace the D league money.
Agreed. This might be the thing that turns around college basketball and we start seeing star 4 year players again. Might be a few players that make similar money they could make in the NBA. Plus, it might give them a few more years of making money that they would lose if they went straight to the NBA. I wonder how many cautionary tales there will be from star HS players that thought they were NBA ready and were out of the league in 2-3 years? For every LeBron, there are 100s of flops.

Since I got reminded of it today, I kind of wonder if these guys could get a nice NIL deal at Tennessee State. Hercy Miller (Master P's son) inked a $2 million deal with a tech company that seemed to want an HBCU brand ambassador presence. The school has a few high profile alumni/connected folks that could help network and facilitate.

Just a thought since I think HBCUs will be among the off the radar schools that benefit some from NIL, and especially in this case since I think Tennessee State would actually still take the low-mid major caliber brother regardless of if the potential one and done brother comes.

possibly but I'm betting he could get a better deal at a high profile college and NIL than in G-League.
In theory, the NIL is for players that a company would want to use to market their product. From what I have seen, CL is not that kind of player at this time. If he goes to a high profile college he could possibly be an average player for them.

In theory, the NIL is for players that a company would want to use to market their product. From what I have seen, CL is not that kind of player at this time. If he goes to a high profile college he could possibly be an average player for them.
I just wanna check you think if Livingston goes to a high profile college like Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis etc he will be an avg player for them? or you think his marketability is avg. I agree with the second part I have talked to the kid a handful of times very quiet and unassuming. The basketball player part is crazy false, talent wise he will be a 1st round pick hands down top 5ish talent. Alot of Ohio people only watch what he does in Ohio High school basketball, on the circuit he is a different animal all together

I just wanna check you think if Livingston goes to a high profile college like Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis etc he will be an avg player for them? or you think his marketability is avg. I agree with the second part I have talked to the kid a handful of times very quiet and unassuming. The basketball player part is crazy false, talent wise he will be a 1st round pick hands down top 5ish talent. Alot of Ohio people only watch what he does in Ohio High school basketball, on the circuit he is a different animal all together
His marketability is what the NIL will bring to his pockets.

So to be clear, you are saying he will be a top 5 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft?

Top 5 talent might be related to his high school class in the U.S. Which in no way correlates to draft pick, gven players from other classes in the U.S. and all the International players available in that specific draft. Plus Marketing is whatever someone is willing to pay, not at all connected to skill level or draft possibilities.

Those businesses I would suspect aren't just marketing a player. An average player from a top program still carries that program's name into the marketing. An ad agent makes the personality. I don't think it matters if one or both are quiet and unassuming. It's all going to be a "this is new." The two Livingston's just give us an anchor on which to discuss the topic.

My only point was that I think being branded with a national college program could be more lucrative than with a G-League team.

The big difference in going to college for a year instead of the D-League is you’re on tv twice a week compared to practically never

Top 5 talent might be related to his high school class in the U.S. Which in no way correlates to draft pick, gven players from other classes in the U.S. and all the International players available in that specific draft. Plus Marketing is whatever someone is willing to pay, not at all connected to skill level or draft possibilities.
Exactly. Saying now, that he is top 5 in his first eligible draft is just plan silly.

Those businesses I would suspect aren't just marketing a player. An average player from a top program still carries that program's name into the marketing. An ad agent makes the personality. I don't think it matters if one or both are quiet and unassuming. It's all going to be a "this is new." The two Livingston's just give us an anchor on which to discuss the topic.

My only point was that I think being branded with a national college program could be more lucrative than with a G-League team.
From what we have been seeing so far in football, only a small few are seeing anything lucrative. Others may be getting something, but not the equivalent to a league contract.

Good for him! Practicing year round with great players will prepare him for the next level! Very similar to a gifted student going to a high powered academic prep school!

From what we have been seeing so far in football, only a small few are seeing anything lucrative. Others may be getting something, but not the equivalent to a league contract.

Is there reason to believe a highly ranked player would measure up better against other g-league than other players on a top program? Must be difficult for these type recruits to choose. At the moment, g-league seems relatively obscure. I couldn't name a player. In the future, even near future? A fast moving landscape (is that even a metaphor? eh, came to my head so now it is) is basketball.

To many kids get bad advice and make poor decisions because of it. If they are chasing money, $7,000 a month is the G-league minimum. The league also has players making over $400,000.

His marketability is what the NIL will bring to his pockets.

So to be clear, you are saying he will be a top 5 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft?
Re-read what I said Top 5ish TALENT. Talent wise yes at some point he could be a top 5 pick but he will be a first round pick as long as he doesn't get hurt etc.

He is NOT going to make a ton from NIL unless he goes to a University where he would be the guy and community will love him, his top 4 schools don't match that criteria and personality doesn't either. Sorry to anyone that thinks otherwise

He is destined for G League to make his money. The top Flight kids like Green and Kuminga were making over 500k for G League Ignite. Thats the type of money he would get as being a top 10 kid in his class.

Re-read what I said Top 5ish TALENT. Talent wise yes at some point he could be a top 5 pick but he will be a first round pick as long as he doesn't get hurt etc.

He is NOT going to make a ton from NIL unless he goes to a University where he would be the guy and community will love him, his top 4 schools don't match that criteria and personality doesn't either. Sorry to anyone that thinks otherwise

He is destined for G League to make his money. The top Flight kids like Green and Kuminga were making over 500k for G League Ignite. Thats the type of money he would get as being a top 10 kid in his class.
Saying he is top 5ish talent means you think he can go top 5, but yet you back pedal saying he will go round one. Huge difference in being top 5 or 30th.

The top G league salary is $500k. I would predict him to be in the 6 figures but doubt he goes straight to the highest pay level, but he may.