Chris Humphrey @ Kent St.

Hurri-Comet

#7 will be # 10 Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, as Kent St. takes on the University of Alabama. Yes, Chris made the traveling team, and just may be starting on special teams. More later.

Humphrey travels

Great for Chris to make the traveling team!

I have a Kent State t-shirt ready to wear when he plays!

Hey that's a great idea. Meta, Mike and John are all Kent St. guys, but none go to Flash'es games. Maybe I can talk one or two into going.

#7 will be # 10 Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, as Kent St. takes on the University of Alabama. Yes, Chris made the traveling team, and just may be starting on special teams. More later.

Wowee!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll go see Chris play this year. Go Flashes!!

Golen Flashes go to Kansas State this weekend. Some more factoids on Chris @ Kent in the Former players in college action thread of GrandPa1's.

Chris playing receiver in 2012 so far. Special teams also. Spring game the 21st of April. Could be an impressive performance will certainly help the ex-Comet star.

Chris Humphrey is now listed as a starter on the Golden Flashes official depth chart. Story posted on the Yappi High School Football Forum today.

Chris started at wide out tonight vs. Towson, I heard 1st half and he did catch a few balls, missed a touchdown pass due to having vision blocked by linebacker. Kent is up 44-14 at this point. More later.

Chris started at Kentucky at receiver, second straight game. I was watching the game on ESPN 3 and Mozilla crashed again, dang. Lost audio on radio also at Kent ST. site. Chris is doing well for a soph.

Chris started at receiver, QB just doesn't throw to him much. 2nd string QB looked better and did throw to #6. Overthrew him in end-zone though. Chris is at far end on kickoffs, looks real good. His blocking at receiver is outstanding. And he holds for extra points and field goals. I would like to see him get a chance at returning punts.

All in all he is maturing and his future is bright. He lettered last season as a true freshman, and looks to be potentially a break-out player for Kent St. this season. :cool:

Hopefully soon I will be posting about this in college football Forum. Also I hear Kyle Hammonds is doing well at Ohio Univ. returning kick-offs and get carrys at tailback.

First half against Ball St. today, Humphrey has two catchs for 46 yards, one a 36 yd. gain. Kent winning at the half.

Kent wins 45-43 with an amazing ending as Miami, Fla. had also. Chris had three receptions, for about 70 yards plus. Big win for the Golden Flashes.

Kent does it again 41-14 over Eastern Michigan in Ypsalanti. They are now 4-1. Chris had a deep pass thrown to him first offensive play of the game, easy call on pass interference. No other stats yet. Yowee, EMU gave Michigan St. a game, not today.

Terry Pluto has fine article in today's Plain Dealer about Kent St. football, and Humphrey is included in it. October 19, 2012, "Hazell cultivates football at Kent".

Western Michigan @ Kent this Saturday, 3:30 PM

Kent beats Rutgers ranked # 18 in the country in New Jersey in one of the Flashes great games in their football history. What a season. Chris is now 16-196 receiving, A+ blocking, and holding extra points and field goals, and tackling on kickoffs. Kent State headed for a bowl this season, and Akron is up next at home. :cool:

Kent won at Akron game, then the Miami game, and are now ranked #25 in the AP Poll. First time ranked in top #25 since 1973. All this and more posted in College Football Forum.

If only they had not lost that Kentucky game! Kentucky hasn't won since, Kent St. hasn't lost.

@ Bowling Green next Saturday. Stands now as one of the "big" games in the nation this weekend. Blocking, tackling, receiving, holding, Chris is doing his part in this "Golden" season. :cool:

Solon's Chris Humphrey scored the winning touchdown in the 4rth quarter catching a pass and running for the score, Kent St. 17 Liberty 10 Opening game 2013. TV said 42 yds. Looked longer than that. He ran away from two defenders. :)

2013 so far, Chris is the leading receiver stats wise. Just not the same, wins- wise this season with the players they lost to graduation, a new coach, and new QB. Just have to keep on keeping on right? :cool:

Chris did make top plays on ESPN this week, so did his roommate from Orange High, leaping over a Bobcat on a 60 Yard romp. More about Chris in new thread on College Football forum. He is a senior next year. Time fly's by.