CHL Football 23

This has turned into a really nice ballgame, after a boring first half filled with 2 FGs

Ooops— spoke too soon— ~50-yard TD bomb puts Wyo up 21-13 w/ 8:42 left— Maddy behind the 8-ball now

Wyo wraps it up with another TD dive on a short field— 28-13 with 4:22 to go— but the Horsies gave ‘em Hell for 3+ quarters— Wyo is nowhere near as dominant this year…

Wyo kicker is “Very Nice”, as Borat would say— two FGs, and solid on XPs and kickoffs.

Time for a couple of Hail Mary’s— but Madeira only gets off one play to Wyo’s ~15-yard line as time runs out

IH with an impressive win. They might have found something with the freshman duo in the backfield. Defense still is suspect to the big play. A fair amount of penalties. But the offense was explosive tonight and the Daniel kid by far was the fastest kid on the field tonight.

IH with an impressive win. They might have found something with the freshman duo in the backfield. Defense still is suspect to the big play. A fair amount of penalties. But the offense was explosive tonight and the Daniel kid by far was the fastest kid on the field tonight.
Devlan Daniel is going to be a problem for the league in years to come. 3 Touchdowns tonight as the Braves finally found their groove on offense. Mariemont’s pass game looked terrible except a couple broken plays and some blown coverage by IH. Not the Braves’ best performance. I expect more from them as CHL play continues, I’ll take them by 18 over DP next week.

Attachments

• InShot_20230909_034920017.jpg
    InShot_20230909_034920017.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 59
Devlan Daniel is going to be a problem for the league in years to come. 3 Touchdowns tonight as the Braves finally found their groove on offense. Mariemont’s pass game looked terrible except a couple broken plays and some blown coverage by IH. Not the Braves’ best performance. I expect more from them as CHL play continues, I’ll take them by 18 over DP next week.
Mariemont's pass game wasn't nearly as bad as their run game. Year after year, Mariemont is way too small on the line. Their defense is quite bad as well. I think they only win one more game this year. As bad as they will be this year, they could be even worse next year when Tully is gone.

Week 5: League Race Going Be Hot

Indian Hill at Deer Park: Indian Hill is back. Dominated Mariemont in every facet. Looks like a new team. IH by 31.
Finneytown at Mariemont: The Charlie Tulley broken play scramble show is enough for this week. MM by 23.
Madeira at Reading: Madeira had their chance vs WYO. Another big one. They respond. Madeira by 4.
Taylor at Wyoming: Might be Taylor's once in a generation chance vs Wyoming. WYO finds a way however. WYO by 6.

Storylines:
IH seems to have found their footing for the first time in two years.
Mariemont seems to be a Tulley rolled ankle away from being truly terrible.
Madeira better than people think.
Taylor has its shot this week.

Indian Hill at Deer Park: Indian Hill is back. Dominated Mariemont in every facet. Looks like a new team. IH by 31.
Finneytown at Mariemont: The Charlie Tulley broken play scramble show is enough for this week. MM by 23.
Madeira at Reading: Madeira had their chance vs WYO. Another big one. They respond. Madeira by 4.
Taylor at Wyoming: Might be Taylor's once in a generation chance vs Wyoming. WYO finds a way however. WYO by 6.

Storylines:
Once in a generation is an stretch. Taylor gave Wyoming all they could handle twice in 2016. Don’t think 7 years is a generation. But, I hope you are right.

Storylines:
Your support for Indian Hill is admirable. It's hard to see both of these statements as true though. Mariemont is really bad and, as you said, a Tully injury away from being really, really bad. I'm not sure a win over a bad Mariemont team can be enough to declare that Indian Hill is "back". Not to mention, I believe the game was 28-21 in the fourth quarter before Tully fumbled on back to back possessions. If Mariemont is that bad (and they are), can we really use the win to decide that Indian Hill is back? If Mariemont beats Finneytown this week and "dominates in every facet", is Mariemont back too?

Hey, I hope you're right and they are back. CHL needs more good teams.

Your support for Indian Hill is admirable. It's hard to see both of these statements as true though. Mariemont is really bad and, as you said, a Tully injury away from being really, really bad. I'm not sure a win over a bad Mariemont team can be enough to declare that Indian Hill is "back". Not to mention, I believe the game was 28-21 in the fourth quarter before Tully fumbled on back to back possessions. If Mariemont is that bad (and they are), can we really use the win to decide that Indian Hill is back? If Mariemont beats Finneytown this week and "dominates in every facet", is Mariemont back too?

Hey, I hope you're right and they are back. CHL needs more good teams.
Spot on. Dominated a bad Mariemont team is a huge over statement. I'm still taken back how bad they are or were that night. IH defense is still suspect and the offense is penalty prone.

Week 5

IH vs DP- Denson is a hard runner for DP IH will have their handsful stopping him (has went for 100+ twice this year and has 6 TD)
IH should have some good momentum from their Win VS MM last week. Can IH clean up the offense and stop DP ...ill say IH by 10

FT vs MM- FT just not enough to stop MM. MM rolls by 20

Madeira vs Reading. Can Madeira stop Fancher? Can Reading limit the big plays in the Air from Breidenbach ? Madeira D has given up some points but their Offense has been able to keep up. (2 of 3 readings win are vs BAD teams BUT they hung right in there with Taft) reading by 8

Taylor vs Wyoming - Taylors D minus the Harrison game has played well. Wyoming isnt a 1 man show any more. If Taylor can get Wyoming to have to Air it out more i think they stand a chance. Taylor by 6

I think Wyoming wins handedly and becomes the new regular season win streak record holder surpassing Moeller in the 70s. Score may not indicate a blow out but I don't think Taylor is really ever in a position to win.

Aaron is only hated cause he wins and he doesn't give 2 cents for any other team but his own. If you don't like it........beat him.

As people referenced, Mariemont is a bad football team. IH will end up with a respectable record cause the CHL is awful, but when they beat a legit team, you can declare they're back. Until then, plan for a new HC next year. He already tried leaving after last year. There was a private school job he interviewed for out of state.

Indian Hill probably beats Deer Park cause DP can't hold people to less than 30pts and they'll make too many mistakes to outscore them.

I used to work with someone named Jamie Fancher in the early 2000's. He was a tough SOB. Think he played his HS ball at Kings. Curious if that's his son who's the stud at Reading.

I think Wyoming wins handedly and becomes the new regular season win streak record holder surpassing Moeller in the 70s. Score may not indicate a blow out but I don't think Taylor is really ever in a position to win.

Aaron is only hated cause he wins and he doesn't give 2 cents for any other team but his own. If you don't like it........beat him.

As people referenced, Mariemont is a bad football team. IH will end up with a respectable record cause the CHL is awful, but when they beat a legit team, you can declare they're back. Until then, plan for a new HC next year. He already tried leaving after last year. There was a private school job he interviewed for out of state.

Indian Hill probably beats Deer Park cause DP can't hold people to less than 30pts and they'll make too many mistakes to outscore them.

I used to work with someone named Jamie Fancher in the early 2000's. He was a tough SOB. Think he played his HS ball at Kings. Curious if that's his son who's the stud at Reading.
Utterly ridiculous to suggest that other coaches only dislike him because he wins. There are numerous incidents and examples (many mentioned on here) of him being a complete Dick to other coaches, players, and fans.

Utterly ridiculous to suggest that other coaches only dislike him because he wins. There are numerous incidents and examples (many mentioned on here) of him being a complete Dick to other coaches, players, and fans.
Please cite an example of him being a complete dick to players and fans? If you're going to levy those kinds of statements you should back it up with some facts on these 'incidents'. Be specific, not just barbershop gossip..

Please cite an example of him being a complete dick to players and fans? If you're going to levy those kinds of statements you should back it up with some facts on these 'incidents'. Be specific, not just barbershop gossip..
So you’re admitting that he’s been a complete Dick to other coaches? I’m not going to get into trading stories on here but I personally know of a few and have heard several others - maybe those are hearsay, maybe not.