CHL Football 23

Reading at Finneytown - Ftown has 15 players I'm told. I love the fact Coach Tatum was given a 2nd chance. He is a good coach and a better man. I hope Reading shows a conference school a little more respect and class they showed Summit and keep this on under 50 and not record chase.

Deer Park at Taylor - I like the Yackets in this one. They played a Lawrenceburg team very tough and took care of business last week. DP is competitive at times, but too undisciplined.

Maderia at Wyoming - Maderia has impressed me in just following their games and scores. I have not yet laid eyes on them. I agree that there is a weird obsession or hate from Hancock to Stewie. But I think the Stangs win this one and end the streak. Madeira by 3.

Mariemont at IH - Mariemont too has impressed me from just following their games. Make or break for John and staff. Lose 2 years in a row to Mariemont this one at home. Who doesn't enjoy a train wreck from time to time, Mariemont by 10. IH is coach-searching at the end of the year.
Next coach at IH will be Reardon. He’s already in the building.

Next coach at IH will be Reardon. He’s already in the building.
I don't know how if you decide after year 2 to move in a new direction, you just don't blow up the whole experiment. Let's not forget few of the staff are also Arcuri left behinds. IMO you start completely over top to bottom. Being a teacher in the building only guarantees a position, not the HC I believe.

Reading at Finneytown - Ftown has 15 players I'm told. I love the fact Coach Tatum was given a 2nd chance. He is a good coach and a better man. I hope Reading shows a conference school a little more respect and class they showed Summit and keep this on under 50 and not record chase.

Deer Park at Taylor - I like the Yackets in this one. They played a Lawrenceburg team very tough and took care of business last week. DP is competitive at times, but too undisciplined.

Maderia at Wyoming - Maderia has impressed me in just following their games and scores. I have not yet laid eyes on them. I agree that there is a weird obsession or hate from Hancock to Stewie. But I think the Stangs win this one and end the streak. Madeira by 3.

Mariemont at IH - Mariemont too has impressed me from just following their games. Make or break for John and staff. Lose 2 years in a row to Mariemont this one at home. Who doesn't enjoy a train wreck from time to time, Mariemont by 10. IH is coach-searching at the end of the year.
Not an avid follower of the CHL but I keep an eye on DIV R16 and Wyoming is not only a favorite to win that region but falls within the top 10 in the state for DIV. I know Maderia was blown out by Shawnee (R16) in week 2 and they aren't even a whisper for the top 10 in DIV. You may be correct, which would be a big upset, but I just don't see it.

35 is a bit of an exaggeration. 47 on the roster, 3 injured. 17 Freshmen, 11 sophomores , 6 juniors, 13 seniors. Other than Finneytown probably the smallest roster in the CHL.
Taylor only has 41 on their roster. (only 3 seniors)
Our 8th grade class has 25+ kids

Reading vs FT- Reading running clock reading by 50

DP vs Taylor- emotional week at Taylor, coming off a big win (and Defense playin pretty well the past 2 games) As long as they cant keep DP athletes in check on Kickoffs/punts. Jackets by 10

Madeira vs Wyoming- Wyoming offense is not what its been the past 8+ years. More games this year with more passing yds than rushing for the 1st time in 10+ years. Madeira coming off a track meet win vs PM. I like Madeira to stop the CHL winning streak! Madeira by 7

MM vs IH- man is this a MUST win for IH? I dont know this may be the hardest one to call. Ill say IH by 3.

Reading at Finneytown: This one wont even be that close. Im waiting on my judgement on Reading for when they play somebody who can give them some competition. Reading rolls in this one

Mariemont at Indian Hill: Im going with Mariemont here by 12

Deer Park at Taylor: DP has as lot of athletes. The issue is those athletes arent very disciplined. Taylor seems to be improving each week. They look good against the run on defense which is what DP tries to do. Im going Taylor here by 10

Madeira at Wyoming- Wyoming was having a rough first half against Aiken. This isn't the same Madeira team as last year, but I think Wyoming has some holes that can be exploited. Im going with Wyoming though by 8

Sorry guys I’ve been on vacation, looking over the matchups this week Madeira really stands out to me. They’ve got a high powered offense a sneaky defense. Wyoming has looked shakey and could be flustered by Madeiras front 7. Bold but I’m going to take Madeira by 18.

Reading vs FT- Reading running clock reading by 50

DP vs Taylor- emotional week at Taylor, coming off a big win (and Defense playin pretty well the past 2 games) As long as they cant keep DP athletes in check on Kickoffs/punts. Jackets by 10

Madeira vs Wyoming- Wyoming offense is not what its been the past 8+ years. More games this year with more passing yds than rushing for the 1st time in 10+ years. Madeira coming off a track meet win vs PM. I like Madeira to stop the CHL winning streak! Madeira by 7

MM vs IH- man is this a MUST win for IH? I dont know this may be the hardest one to call. Ill say IH by 3.
i don't think madeira will score. wyoming by 17.

i don't think madeira will score. wyoming by 17.
Wyoming's Defense is still def VERY good. BUT we are talking about a team that last year gave up 28 pts TOTAL in the first 10 regular season games. Thats less than 3 pts a game CRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY

While it may not sound like alot they have given up 18 in the first 3 weeks.
I think they have more close games this year not b/c of their Defense but b/c of their offense.

Wyoming's Defense is still def VERY good. BUT we are talking about a team that last year gave up 28 pts TOTAL in the first 10 regular season games. Thats less than 3 pts a game CRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY

While it may not sound like alot they have given up 18 in the first 3 weeks.
I think they have more close games this year not b/c of their Defense but b/c of their offense.
18 points in the 3 weeks is 6 points a game. and those games were against a d2 team and two d3 teams. wyo's offense will be much, much better when joel hancock returns in a few weeks.

18 points in the 3 weeks is 6 points a game. and those games were against a d2 team and two d3 teams. wyo's offense will be much, much better when joel hancock returns in a few weeks.
I agree , BUT those arent 2 of the better teams in R8 or R16 in this area. Aiken struggled to beat a bad D4 shroder team (12-6 and shroder is 0-3)
Ross isnt what they were 5+ years ago (their 1 win came vs Northwest who literally fired their HC 3 days before they were set to play their 1st game)

Wins are wins and Wyoming is 3-0 but they are the not any where near the same team they have been in the Prater/Hester era
If IH had their together I would say this was the year they finally get knocked off the thrown (even more so than the 2020 year when they didnt play b/c of Covid)

And I still think Wyoming is the best team in our league! Just the gap is not as far as it was in recent years.
I also think Hauer is a lock for POY

Special shout-out to Indian Hill c/o 2022 graduate Antwan Peek Jr who was recently put on full scholarship at UC and earned the team's Special Teams Player of the Week award for his performance in the win against Eastern Kentucky.

APJ is a redshirt freshman safety and son of former UC/NFL defensive standout Antwan Peek Sr.

Whats the point of lying they have 59 kids on there roster and have 25 jv players
their roster could have been loaded early/mid summer when everyone likes to show up. Kids quit, kids are ineligible (which i am sure isnt an issue at IH though)

Which conflict is more likely this week, Stewart/Hancock or Reardon/Rodenberg?
Stewart/Hancocks is a week long story line then the dust settles.

Reardon/Rodenberg will go on for awhile if IH finishes sub .500 again this year do they wait so he can "figure it out"
Does he really have the support and backing some on here say he does. Or is the IH football team just not been very good the last few years? Yes they had some significant injuries BUT lets not act like CJ Hayden and John Podojil were making significant impacts on the Varsity team their Freshmen and sophomore year. (podojil took over for an injured Ty Thorton middle of 2021 his soph year and had a pretty decent 2nd half)

Madeira’s better this year, or Wyoming’s not as good— or some of both— Wyoming is still stout on defense— but it looks like they struggle on offense this year without the Bell Cow back there…

Stewart/Hancocks is a week long story line then the dust settles.

Reardon/Rodenberg will go on for awhile if IH finishes sub .500 again this year do they wait so he can "figure it out"
Does he really have the support and backing some on here say he does. Or is the IH football team just not been very good the last few years? Yes they had some significant injuries BUT lets not act like CJ Hayden and John Podojil were making significant impacts on the Varsity team their Freshmen and sophomore year. (podojil took over for an injured Ty Thorton middle of 2021 his soph year and had a pretty decent 2nd half)
Handcock is the most hated coach in the city and such a tool. Wyoming kids are good kids but he deserving some bad times !

Wyo regains the lead with 30 seconds to go in 3Q with length of field drive, and 2-point conversion- Wyo up 14-7