CHL Basketball 22-23

Haven't seen the final score but IH beat MM.

My question is with 4 freshmen in the lineup does Wyoming rock the boat and put hauer/svenson in the lineup when they return?

Its early I know but....

Madeira 3-0 (beat FT by 6, reading by 5, MM by 23)

Wyoming 2-0 (beat DP by 38 and reading by 20)

IH 2-0 (beat Taylor by 2 and MM by 11)

Taylor 2-1 (beat FT and DP by 11)

MM 1-2
reading 1-2
FT 0-3
DP 0-3

Taylor vs wyoming Tuesday.

IH plays Madeira Tuesday (game of the week next week!)

The 2 biggest match ups for next week.
Will be curious if Wyoming brings the football guys into the lineup or let's it ride with the young guys.

Hayden vs Cravaack could be battle for 2 guys going for POY.

I'm not sold on the Wyoming big win over DP.
Deer park w/out Arrington is a really bad bball team.

If those freshmen are indeed Wyoming starters they will go through some growing pains playing some of the more experienced teams in the CHL. I would think Hauer and Svendsen are in the mix to start for the cowboys too.

None the less it's going to be fun to watch!
Should be a very competitive season for sure. I was at the wyoming game and I can attest that DP was not very good...at all. Wyoming played a really intense brand of defense and DP had trouble getting the ball up the court. Having so many freshman play will definitely lead to some off nights for Wyoming, but they are really athletic and played with a very high motor. It will be interesting to see how they rotate the football players in and also their starting PG from last year (Trenkamp) was getting his first action of the year. He broke his nose in the last soccer game and didn't practice all week before the DP game with an illness.
Haven't seen the final score but IH beat MM.

My question is with 4 freshmen in the lineup does Wyoming rock the boat and put hauer/svenson in the lineup when they return?
Hauer played last night and did exactly what Wyoming wants him to do. He played D, grabbed some boards and made a couple layups..I'm pretty sure that will be his role all year. Svenson is the best shooter on the team, so I'm sure they'll work him in quite a bit. Another thing is that their starting PG from last year (Trenkamp) is also working his way back into shape due to a broken nose and a week long illness. Wyoming will sprinkle in these vets to play with the freshman, I would imagine.

I know just trying to fill up some more CHL content haha

In other news....

Weird loss for Wyoming in a non leaguer vs Northwest.

Cowboys lead at one point 10-0
End of 1 was 17-6 (Halftime score was 19-14 so rough 2nd qtr for Wyoming 2 pts)
They went up 28-18 in the 3rd w/about 3 mins left.

Game went to OT NW won 43-41

Only bc I'm sitting on the balcony in Gatlinburg with a few beverages and got time.

Taylor is trying to replace from last year
Austing - 20pts
Hilvert - 9pts
R. Kincaid - 7pts

So far ( I know only 4 games , 4th not in there yet so small sample size)

B Kincaid - 18pts
Howard - 14pts
Branch - 8pts

I'm surprised Snell hasn't produced a little more (him and the QB McGowan avg'ing 5 a game)

I was at the Madeira game..Connor Cravaack scored his 1000th point…was a good game…Williamsburg had size and talent…was tied at the half….Wyoming loss? That is weird but I know zero about Northwest…Gatlinburg? Have fun Red 😎…I have been hitting the post game refreshments as well 🤣 🥃

Wyoming loss? That is weird but I know zero about Northwest
2-2 in a mediocre SWOC (IMO)
Beat a 1-3 edgewood team by 6.
Lost to a 3-3 Aiken team by 3.

Would be interesting to see if Hauer and Svenson both started for Wyoming or if it was a poor shooting night. I was expecting to look up final scores and see a 10+ pt Victory

Northwest beat Wyoming last year as well (60-55) in a season where Northwest finished 6-17 and Wyoming finished 14-11.

They're a D1 school with the same demographics as Finneytown but twice the enrollment. Sounds like Wyoming just doesn't match-up well with them.

Northwest beat Wyoming last year as well (60-55) in a season where Northwest finished 6-17 and Wyoming finished 14-11.

They're a D1 school with the same demographics as Finneytown but twice the enrollment. Sounds like Wyoming just doesn't match-up well with them.
Perhaps.

Or there is a significant difference between D1 and D2?

Didn't even dig into last year! So that's a good point!

Northwest is just a few boys away from being D2, they are one of the smallest D1's in the state. So probably not as much a difference between Wyoming and Northwest as you think.

Northwest had 390 boys and Wyoming 223 per the most recent count by OHSAA.

Not a huge difference, but certainly a significant one.

Schedule this week

MM vs DP
Reading vs FT
IH vs Madeira
Taylor vs Wyoming

IH vs FT
DP vs Madeira
Reading vs Taylor
MM vs Wyoming

Madeira vs IH game of the week

Hayden vs Cravaack 2 POY candidates.

Not nearly as significant as the difference between small D1 schools and large D1 schools come tourney time. You’re talking 390 compared to 1000+ for most of the gmc schools.
That's the thing. CHL (mostly D2 some D3) and SWOC schools (all D1 in basketball I believe) are way more a like than say SWOC schools and GMC schools. Some of the smaller schools in the ECC would fall into that category as well. Mason has 1300 and would play in the state tournament with teams of 350 ... crazy

Tonight here are my predictions

MM over DP by 5
Stewart with 15+ 61-56 final

Reading over FT by 5
Brooks with a big game I think FT keeps it close. 58-53

Madeira over IH
Hayden in double figures 58-52
Game of the week IMO
Winner has upper hand in the league!

Taylor over Wyoming in a close one
Wyoming getting lots of production from their freshmen class on Varsity.
I'm guessing Svendsen makes his debut tonight??
Howard and Kincaid both avg'ing double figures and freshmen mike Branch almost avg'ing a Double double.
54-50

Production from Wyoming freshmen this year

Wiley - 12pts 4 reb 6 asst

Gray - 5 pts 3 reb

Evans - 10 pts 1 reb 3 asst

Billingsley- 5 pts 7 reb 1 asst

CRAZY #'s from their young dudes.

And I think Kincaid from Taylor has to get his name for POY thrown into the mix with his play early on too.

18.8 pts 5 reb 2 stl 1 asst

On the season so far.
28 vs IH and 22 vs DP