CHL Basketball 22-23

IH did come out better in the 2nd half but Madeira was too strong…IH has a nice press and rebounds very well..if they had a few dudes that were gifted on offense they would be unstoppable …
Did Hayden not play much ??

Box score shows him 3-3 w/7 pts
Must not have shot at all in the 2nd half.

Hayden was in foul trouble most of the night…that and Coach Hill rotates 10-12 hard..he had trouble catching and finishing against the zone and bigs of Madeira…

Did Hayden not play much ??

Box score shows him 3-3 w/7 pts
Must not have shot at all in the 2nd half.
I was at this game also - great high school basketball game! Hayden and Cravack were both in moderate foul trouble all night. Hayden fouled out with about a minute left and Cravack finished with 4 fouls. Zach Jones was the star for Indian Hill, he scored about 12 points in the third quarter to keep it tight. Was a little disappointed in Hayden (one of my pre season POY picks), he just wasn't much of a factor offensively. I think Cravack was just too strong for him. IH has a lot of size and they press and play really hard but besides Jones, they couldn't make shots. It's going to be a wild ride in the CHL this year. PS - just watching Ricardo Hill is worth the price of admission!

Was a little disappointed in Hayden (one of my pre season POY picks), he just wasn't much of a factor offensively. I think Cravack was just too strong for him. IH has a lot of size and they press and play really hard but besides Jones, they couldn't make shots. It's going to be a wild ride in the CHL this year.
This looked to be the 1st game that Hayden wasn't in Double figures.
He scored 25 of IH's 50 against MM.

I still have Hayden on my "watch list"

Chl is a little more even this year than it's been in years past. Early on Madeira is def the front runner IMO.

Wyoming is good, but very Young.

Hell as a Taylor Fan (VERY realistic though)
They have played much better than I anticipated after losing the senior class from last year! We had double digit leads vs IH and Wyoming but couldn't hold on at the end.

Finneytown is scrappy and could steal a few W's in the league to throw a wrench into things

Just b/c here is a list of Freshmen in the CHL by school and their stats.

Reading and Madeira dont have any Senior listed on their Varsity Roster.

DP
Wright 8ppg 2 reb 2 asst
Goure 3ppg 1stl 1 reb

FT
Benton 8ppg 2 reb 2 stl 2 asst

IH
Bennett 1pt 1 reb (surprised kid his size isnt getting more PT)

MM
Stalzer 5ppg 4reb 2 stl 2 asst

Taylor
Branch 10ppg 11reb 2asst
McFarland 2 ppg 2reb (has only appeared in 1 game , Wyoming stats not in there but he did play)

Wyoming
Wiley 13ppg 4reb 2 stl 5 asst
gray 4ppg 3reb 2stl 1asst
Evans 10ppg 2reb 3asst 1stl
Billingsley 4ppg 6reb 1stl 1asst

Breakdown for friday games

IH vs FT
IH 2-1 , BUT FT is scrappy. Has been in pretty much all of their league games. Lost to Taylor by 11 , MM by 6 , Madeira by 6
Hayden should have a big game I am going to take IH by 8

DP vs Madeira
DP just struggling , Arrington MIA literally (i really hope the kid is OK but no one knows what happen to him)
Cravaack may go for 30 if no one can stop him in the post. Mustangs by 20+

Reading vs Taylor
reading just coming off lose to FT at the buzzer. falls to 1-3 in league play. (started season 3-0)
taylor buzzer beater loss to Wyoming after leading by 15 pts!

Both teams need a W. Taylor has a stretch coming where they play some big local rivals (battle of rt50 vs L'burg and vs Harrison and vs Ross)
I am going to take Taylor by 4. Probably the closest game on friday IMO

MM vs Wyoming

MM has already been up and Down 23 pt loss to Madeira. FT played them tough MM won by 6. 11pt loss to IH and beat DP pretty easy.
Wyoming still undefeated. If stewart can take over Wyoming could be in trouble. But the young dudes for Wyoming keep coming up big
Wiley just had 18 against Taylor.
Im going to Take Wyoming by 6. BUT if Stewart goes off I think MM can pull it off. stewart scores 20+ MM wins.

Hell as a Taylor Fan (VERY realistic though)
They have played much better than I anticipated after losing the senior class from last year! We had double digit leads vs IH and Wyoming but couldn't hold on at the end.
That sounds like something the coaches need to figure out.

I was at this game also - great high school basketball game! Hayden and Cravack were both in moderate foul trouble all night. Hayden fouled out with about a minute left and Cravack finished with 4 fouls. Zach Jones was the star for Indian Hill, he scored about 12 points in the third quarter to keep it tight. Was a little disappointed in Hayden (one of my pre season POY picks), he just wasn't much of a factor offensively. I think Cravack was just too strong for him. IH has a lot of size and they press and play really hard but besides Jones, they couldn't make shots. It's going to be a wild ride in the CHL this year. PS - just watching Ricardo Hill is worth the price of admission!
I know you think coach Hill walks on water but Madeira hasn’t beaten IH since 2017-2018 season. Even last year when IH best player Ty Thornton and there point guard John Podijil was hurt they won both games. Playing sophomores they won. But it’s great to see Madeira playing well for a great stand up coach and Community . This is a race between 3 team. Madeira, Wyoming ( great coaching job) , IH. If Wyoming wins it this year with freshman then the rest of the league should be embraced. Fun to watch.
In other leagues Fairfield and Princeton are fun to watch. Elder and St X look strong. New Richmond in a down year for the league. Anderson a nice surprise. GCL co-ed still to early to tell but McNick looks good. CMAC league watch out for all of them in D2

I know you think coach Hill walks on water but Madeira hasn’t beaten IH since 2017-2018 season. Even last year when IH best player Ty Thornton and there point guard John Podijil was hurt they won both games. Playing sophomores they won. But it’s great to see Madeira playing well for a great stand up coach and Community . This is a race between 3 team. Madeira, Wyoming ( great coaching job) , IH. If Wyoming wins it this year with freshman then the rest of the league should be embraced. Fun to watch.
In other leagues Fairfield and Princeton are fun to watch. Elder and St X look strong. New Richmond in a down year for the league.
I think its still too early to call it down to a few teams....

Need to see Wyoming play MM , Madeira and IH still. Yea they beat Reading and DP big and taylor on a buzzer beater. But have to see if they can DO anything to stop Cravaack. Same if they can stop Stewart. I know there are a few teams undefeated early , but I still think that the league winner has multiple losses. IMO if there would be a team to go all the way and not lose would be set up to be Madeira and not Wyoming IMO

I agree on New Richmond. Even after losing Ackerman and Sininger they are playing pretty well!

I am debating going to Madeira-DP tomorrow…won’t be much of a game but…I have a pass, I can walk there and there are buddies…and popcorn! I am thinking a 3 team race as well..unless there are injuries. IH-Madeira was a classic…I wouldn’t place a bet on the return tilt down on the Hill…waiting for the Cowboys 😎

Game of the night wyoming/MM for sure.

Taylor/reading could be close.

Ft may give IH a run for their money.
Madeira wins big

Not heading to Mad City-DP…watching X then my Cavs and enjoying a beverage….Tuesday vs Batavia should be a better game to watch…I will follow on twitter..and the Red93 report 👍

2020-2021 Indian Hill 60 Lasalle 56
2022-2023 Lasalle 59- Indian Hill 40

Different teams different talent different coach
Indian Hill playing for the future seniors sitting on the bench

Elder up over Mariemont 24-4 after the first quarter, 58-24 after three and, and finished 71-41.
They have played each other since 2017 or 2018 not sure what connection they have with one another to continue to play.
They lost by 30 last year and almost 50 in 2020.

I'm all for little guys getting a game in or 2 a year vs a bigger team like that. But it's never been close

Glad Taylor woke up. Wonder what was said at halftime in the locker room?
Me as well haha!
I'm not sure what Hollands talk was but they came out hot in the 3rd qtr. Went on like a 16-3 run to take the lead with a couple minutes to go in the 3rd.
When Branch figures out to to finish at the rim he is going to be scary! Everyone forgets this dude is 14 😆

Attachments

• received_5914373648622344.jpeg
    received_5914373648622344.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 33