CHL 23-24

Basically he said,

Maderia is in need of strong athletic leadership, along with some student diversity. He mentioned bullying going on at the middle and high school. He is a Maderia parent and has two kids that play sports. There are some coaching egos, no recruiting page, he offered to help out and none of his calls were responded to. Overall, Maderia needs to make a change and improve.

Both left on their own
Yes…both resigned…I get Coach Rockwell..the guy has been coaching for close to 30 years (jv/varsity)…the AD is a mystery….he has been at Madeira for 25 years and is close to retirement…odd time to switch jobs and move

I watched the video…he makes a few good points…except that coaches have to listen to parents. There is always room for improvement in any organization. Hopefully we here in Madeira can get some new blood and new ideas…that said change isn’t always good..the world is certainly not full of great coaches and AD’s…both positions will need to be handled with the utmost care. Like most small schools Madeira athletics are a roller coaster….success depending on the athletic ability of each class (of 50 boys!)…there isn’t a continuous supply of great athletes year in and year out. No coaching or department change can address that. We do tend to be thin on seniors in many sports some years…not sure exactly how to address that.

Basically he said,

Maderia is in need of strong athletic leadership, along with some student diversity. He mentioned bullying going on at the middle and high school. He is a Maderia parent and has two kids that play sports. There are some coaching egos, no recruiting page, he offered to help out and none of his calls were responded to. Overall, Maderia needs to make a change and improve.
Why in the hell would Madeira (or any school) need this guys help? Just because you start tagging kids and yelling on Twitter it doesn’t make you an expert on anything. What a joke that you even take this seriously for a second.

Hearing Rockwell made the decision to leave on his own but alot had to do with parents. People getting upset his kid was playing alot of minutes along with another assistant coach and his kid. Felt it turned into more about those coaches kids than the team.

Hearing Rockwell made the decision to leave on his own but alot had to do with parents. People getting upset his kid was playing alot of minutes along with another assistant coach and his kid. Felt it turned into more about those coaches kids than the team.
The other coach's kid was probably their best basketball player. So I don't think your comment is 100% accurate. Rockwell is a good guy. His heart is too big. Got himself into trouble by trying to make way too many people happy. That's an impossible formula; then throw your own child into the mix, and you will never win.

The other coach's kid was probably their best basketball player. So I don't think your comment is 100% accurate. Rockwell is a good guy. His heart is too big. Got himself into trouble by trying to make way too many people happy. That's an impossible formula; then throw your own child into the mix, and you will never win.
Unfortantley at a 7-16 record other parents may not agree with parent coaches playing there kids quality minutes and there kids sitting the bench. Perception is reality when it comes to situations like this.

I was going to stay out of this but...

Maderia is in need of ... some student diversity.

...what does this even mean? It's a public school, there's no admissions department deciding who walks in the door. The population inside is a precise reflection of the population out in the community; if he doesn't like the degree of diversity in Madeira he should take that up with his neighbors. What's the school got to do with it? (Let alone the AD or head basketball coach...)

I was going to stay out of this but...

...what does this even mean? It's a public school, there's no admissions department deciding who walks in the door. The population inside is a precise reflection of the population out in the community; if he doesn't like the degree of diversity in Madeira he should take that up with his neighbors. What's the school got to do with it? (Let alone the AD or head basketball coach...)
I also was not going to comment on that dumb post but you quoted the worst part of the whole dumb rant. The dude moves into Madeira then tells the school they need more diversity. That tells all you need to know.

Agree 100%…Coach Rock is a great guy..he would do anything to help a kid with basketball…the time he put in almost year round was staggering. But as you stated one can never please everyone…it is too hard to run any team, organization or business and make the tough decisions and try to keep everyone happy. Certainly much harder on Coach as he is an alum, teacher and resident which I am sure over complicated things for him. A nice guy through and through who put in 30 years.

Hearing that Caldwell is a finalist for the Seton head coaching job. Would be a big change for Mariemont, he's done a good job there.

Hearing that Caldwell is a finalist for the Seton head coaching job. Would be a big change for Mariemont, he's done a good job there.
Wonder why he would make the switch to Seton? Cant imagine that the pay is better. Maybe a teaching position? Just made a really good run, is there nothing else coming through at mareimont?

Wonder why he would make the switch to Seton? Cant imagine that the pay is better. Maybe a teaching position? Just made a really good run, is there nothing else coming through at mareimont?
Caldwell had worked at Colerain for a long time as both a teacher and an administrator but I don't see him in their directory anymore so I am not sure when that changed. Only thing I was thinking is maybe he has a daughter that will be going to Seton or something and he would like to coach her. But that's just a pure guess.

Tim may act a little crazy on his videos and get loud BUT I can applaud his energy and effort for promoting kids in cincy
He also gets about 5k a year donated in scholarships for kids every year.

Madeira Middle school team isnt very good. I am not sure if Rockwell just seen that the talent level has dropped and there isnt much fuel in his tank left for a "rebuild"?

Caldwell im not too sure of. Tully and Socko graduating will hurt. BUT so did losing Timmy the year before and look what they were able to pull off...

Tim may act a little crazy on his videos and get loud BUT I can applaud his energy and effort for promoting kids in cincy
He also gets about 5k a year donated in scholarships for kids every year.

Madeira Middle school team isnt very good. I am not sure if Rockwell just seen that the talent level has dropped and there isnt much fuel in his tank left for a "rebuild"?

Caldwell im not too sure of. Tully and Socko graduating will hurt. BUT so did losing Timmy the year before and look what they were able to pull off...
I’ve heard that Caldwell is a west side guy and the travel back and forth to Mariemont is a real pain in 🫏. He’s done an amazing job at mariemont.

Caldwell not exactly the type to stick around in one spot for his teaching/coaching career. He's taught and/or coached at Colerain, Forest Hills, Milford, Batavia, Glen Este/West Clermont, McNick.

Not to mention, he loses what he called preseason the "best team he's ever had". Maybe he feels that was Mariemont's ceiling? He's probably right.

Caldwell not exactly the type to stick around in one spot for his teaching/coaching career. He's taught and/or coached at Colerain, Forest Hills, Milford, Batavia, Glen Este/West Clermont, McNick.

Not to mention, he loses what he called preseason the "best team he's ever had". Maybe he feels that was Mariemont's ceiling? He's probably right.
Sounds like its a done deal at Seton. Mareimont will be the next job to open up

Any word on the filling of these spots? It sounds strange to say on April 1st but time is ticking…June ball will be here in a New York Minute…

Any word on the filling of these spots? It sounds strange to say on April 1st but time is ticking…June ball will be here in a New York Minute…
I believe Madeira is starting next week with interviews. Pretty tight lipped on who they have in the mix. Hearing the assistant at St.Xavier isnt interested. Leaves Rooks, Argentati and the assistant with a son on the team.

Madeira
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU