CHL 23-24

Snell and henline will be the 1-2 punch for the Jackets.

Dean shot the ball well. McFarland played most of the 2nd half and had a few buckets as well as some big defensive stops.

Attachments

• received_1318403365478277.jpeg
    received_1318403365478277.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 33
  • received_210090932057661.jpeg
    received_210090932057661.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 34
  • received_704277774972051.jpeg
    received_704277774972051.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 33
  • received_724799992466982.jpeg
    received_724799992466982.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 35
Here we go fellas! Opening nights are this weekend 😄…As stated I will be at the Madeira game Friday…fire up the popcorn machine! What games will you be watching?

Here we go fellas! Opening nights are this weekend 😄…As stated I will be at the Madeira game Friday…fire up the popcorn machine! What games will you be watching?
I'll be watching white oak vs Colerain rec JV bball 😆 🤣 no Taylor game for me opening night!

I'm on Cotton candy this week!!!!

Attachments

• 20231129_115034.jpg
    20231129_115034.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 34
Finneytown becomes the second to last team to add their roster to the CHL website (only Reading hasn't done so yet).

They graduated 7 Seniors last season but only return 3 players with varsity experience.

Their leading returning scorer, 6'2 Prince Revels (8.6 ppg and 4.5 rpg as a Junior), is not on the roster.

They have 5 new players who are 6'2-6'4 so hopefully some of them end up being legitimate contributors.

Anyone know the schedule for the event at Indian Hill tomorrow?

Woodward's schedule shows they are playing Louisville DeSales...
Louisville DeSales's schedule shows they are playing Withrow...
Withrow's schedule shows they are playing Meadowdale...
Indian Hill's schedule shows they are also playing Meadowdale...
Meadowdale's schedule does not show a game...

Sounds like a well run event.

Taylor wins in OT 63-59
Must have been some great halftime adjustments by Coach Holland. I was at the first half of the game and Taylor looked absolutely stymied by NW length and athleticism. Quite a bit scoring turn around as well for Taylor after only having 14 at half. Did NW continue to have foul trouble in the second half?

Must have been some great halftime adjustments by Coach Holland. I was at the first half of the game and Taylor looked absolutely stymied by NW length and athleticism. Quite a bit scoring turn around as well for Taylor after only having 14 at half. Did NW continue to have foul trouble in the second half?
They hit 5th foul with like 2 mins left in 4th.

I honestly was only there for part of the 4th and OT.

They hit 5th foul with like 2 mins left in 4th.

I honestly was only there for part of the 4th and OT.
Ah gotcha. NW was up 28-14 at half. But of their 7 man rotation, 2 guys had 2 and 1 had 3. I think they only had 7 full time varsity guys so I wonder if that hampered them late. Great comeback win for Taylor tho.

Deer park beat lockland 63-57
Mariemont beat harrison 54-51
Reading beat Bethel Tate 45-31
New Richmond beat Madeira 60-48

Ah gotcha. NW was up 28-14 at half. But of their 7 man rotation, 2 guys had 2 and 1 had 3. I think they only had 7 full time varsity guys so I wonder if that hampered them late. Great comeback win for Taylor tho.
Northwest definitely ran out of gas. Taylor got hot from three in second half and northwest had some bad shot selection and turnovers late. Gonna be tough for NW to play that style for a full game with only 7 guys.

I was at the Madeira game…Stangs had a good first half and were only down by 2 at the half. New Richmond pressed constantly which by the second half wore the Stangs down physically and mentally. If Madeira can tighten up the D and make shots they can hang around with most teams and win a few.

Yea I think this will be the Jackets most of the year. Lots of outside shooting. They will be small.
But will play everyone tough

Good sign game 1 being able to win a game like this!
No.
Northwest is supposed to be pretty good. Taylor's win shows they're back on top and in the mix. Lot's of good players

one of these teams tweeted that their game got cancelled. I guess Indian HIll dropped the ball and there was confusion

Indian Hill played Thurgood Marshall today and won

Looking off of DP box score vs Lockland they are playing
3 Soph and a freshmen! WOW. Brody Armor (atleast listed on the box score) was listed as a bench player.

they only played 8 guys

Williamsburg is pretty good this year BUT Madeira did win by Double digits last year.
I know its 2 games in BUT is it panic mode yet for them Ram?

Matchups today

DP vs Middletown Christian
Batavia vs FT
Goshen vs madeira
Taylor vs Mariemont
Harrison vs Reading

I was going to maybe make the trip to MM but the gym is so hard to take pics in bc there is no baseline room and I HATE the parking lot

Despite the win over always horrible Lockland, it still looks like it will be a long year for The Park. Based on the box scores for Madeira, it does look like it might be panic time - their shooting has been horrific. Taylor/Mariemont should be a really interesting matchup tonight, looking forward to seeing how that goes. Agree…that MM gym and parking sucks!

Saw a pod cast with Rico where IH is travelling to California for a tournament over the holiday break!

that's crazy , just the flights alone 400-500 a kid (I assume a few JV/Swing kids make the trip so lets say 12 kids)
4 coaches ? maybe someone in admin in the school as well? 3 kids and an adult in a room? Lets say $150 on the low end? for 4 nights

18 flights @ $450 = $8100
6 hotel rooms @ $150 (4 nights) = $3600

rental cars? at least 2-3 vans I would guess. We can just call that $1000

that's around 13,000 for an out of town basketball trip CRAZY ! haha

Decided to look into this tournament a bit more and found an official website.

It'll take place in Palm Springs, CA and boast over 100 teams who will play across multiple area high school gyms.

The schedule for the tournament is below:

Most notably, Indian Hill will take on national powerhouse Mater Dei for their third and final game of the tournament.

Looking off of DP box score vs Lockland they are playing
3 Soph and a freshmen! WOW. Brody Armor (atleast listed on the box score) was listed as a bench player.

they only played 8 guys

Williamsburg is pretty good this year BUT Madeira did win by Double digits last year.
I know its 2 games in BUT is it panic mode yet for them Ram?

Matchups today

DP vs Middletown Christian
Batavia vs FT
Goshen vs madeira
Taylor vs Mariemont
Harrison vs Reading

I was going to maybe make the trip to MM but the gym is so hard to take pics in bc there is no baseline room and I HATE the parking lot
Agree the MM gym and parking are a pain..but good concessions 😎…not panic here in Mad City…knew it was going to be tough sledding this year after graduating basically the entire varsity team…hopefully the guys can grow and improve together and not get discouraged. I won’t be at Madeira tonight as I will be at the XU game…I will be on the broadcast next week for the IH-Madeira game on Tuesday….search IHTN on YouTube 👍