CFP National Championship: #11 Ohio State vs #1 Alabama

Christine Brennan is not a NCAA football writer, she is a sports columnist that basically opinions what is on her mind; she made her name covering the Tonya Harding story. She is the epitome of the elite media personality that sits on a pedestal and tells everyone else what is right and what is wrong. Also has written extensively on Title IX, you really want to cringe go check out some of her past columns on this subject and the relationship to big time NCAA sports.

Maybe so, but the point about Big 10 offenses is you have to be ready for the possibility of playing in those conditions, so they are designed as such.
90% of big ten games are played before November, I don't think the weather argument is valid for this discussion. NFL, yes, they play regular season games through the end of the year. I don't know that the head coach at Minnesota is going to turn down a really fast player because they play a few home games in the cold and snow and they needs size and strength over speed...

I didn't say defensive scheme was the only reason, or even the biggest reason, they lost. Voice said there was no reason to blast Coombs. Coombs got outcoached, weather they saw something they thought they could stop or not. As such, he deserves some blame.
I wonder how much the fact that this was Sarkisian's last game impacted the offensive scheme. Regardless of what happened during the game he knew Tuesday morning he was the HC at Texas.
I thought the biggest failure (regarding scheme) during the game was allowing the receivers to break into the backfield and across the line, or reverse, and we didn't keep up.
The tackling was horrible - but I don't look at that as a scheme issue.
Coombs was dealt a bad hand, but you may be right that he should have done better with it.

I’m more talking about draft rankings and his name among the top quarterbacks this year
Agreed. Seems like they look at him as more of a drop back passer and not a scrambler. And a lot of teams want a scrambler like Lamar Jackson, Russel Wilson, etc.
Seems like there were a few pretty decent qbs that weren't considered scramblers. Brady, Brees, Manning. To me Jones seems poised, smart (had some good pump fakes and good reads), and competitive. So much depends on what their personal goals are.
I thought Haskins would be OK as an NFL qb. Looking back, his goal was to be the starting qb at tOSU. Once he achieved that it doesn't look like he reset any goals. Lack of performance and may dumb decisions. Even as a Buckeye fan I think I would consider Jones above Fields. But it is hard to translate college performance into an accurate prediction of pro performance. There have been a lot of qbs that looked right in college performance and were terrible in the NFL.

I would pass on Mac Truck Jones. Probably a dumb reason but the picture of his man boobs and beer gut would make me question how important football is to him. He doesn't need to be jacked or anything but that dude is fat. Does he not workout or listen to the nutritionists that Bama provided him?

He just wears a bulky rib protector

ElI_yxbX0AASBbQ

Nevermind lol

It's a bit of a red flag but if he's putting in the work at practice and studying, he's probably worth the occasional truffle shuffle TD celebration

OSU doesn't deserve to be on the same field as Alabama.
........said the guy who also said this less than 2 weeks ago...
“I hope all you Buckeye fans realize that Clemson is going to beat the Bucks by 40 to 50 points. So no whining after the slaughter.”

Final score
OSU 49
Clemson 28

90% of big ten games are played before November, I don't think the weather argument is valid for this discussion. NFL, yes, they play regular season games through the end of the year. I don't know that the head coach at Minnesota is going to turn down a really fast player because they play a few home games in the cold and snow and they needs size and strength over speed...
He wouldnt turn him down.

It is more like the southern teams do a much better job at selling the weather aspect to the top line elite's. Many big ten teams do have a few raw games each year and that is something the warm weather schools can use against the B10

When was the last time Ohio State or even Michigan played in an honest to God snow storm? Or some crazy Arctic cold?

I wonder how much the fact that this was Sarkisian's last game impacted the offensive scheme. Regardless of what happened during the game he knew Tuesday morning he was the HC at Texas.
I thought the biggest failure (regarding scheme) during the game was allowing the receivers to break into the backfield and across the line, or reverse, and we didn't keep up.
The tackling was horrible - but I don't look at that as a scheme issue.
Coombs was dealt a bad hand, but you may be right that he should have done better with it.
and alot of that is simply due to not playing against that speed and talent on a regular basis. Let's face it the best completion Ohio State has is when the first team offense plays the first team defense in practice. Other than that, they never see the speed like they do in these playoff games, and I'll say Clemson wasn't it's normal Clemson team and I think even Buckeye fans would admit that the Buckeyes played about at the top of their ceiling in the Clemson game. I mean you go back and look at that game and the windows Fields threw in where incredibly small and he did it. Guys were making phenomenal catches all game and it was just their day.

When was the last time Ohio State or even Michigan played in an honest to God snow storm? Or some crazy Arctic cold?
There's been "some" crummy weather games, especially for the Ohio State / Michigan game in November, but on the whole, the whole "weather" thing is a bit tired. Ohio State is the team with speed in the big ten, so playing in the dome in Indy benefits them more than anyone else. I'm sure Northwestern would had rather played them outdoors with freezing rain.

I would pass on Mac Truck Jones. Probably a dumb reason but the picture of his man boobs and beer gut would make me question how important football is to him. He doesn't need to be jacked or anything but that dude is fat. Does he not workout or listen to the nutritionists that Bama provided him?
Please look at Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's combine photos. Not saying he's going to be them, but the QB position is won between the ears and accuracy throwing. You put a guy behind a decent O-line who can process like Jones and make all the throws and you've got a QB that has a chance. A team would be wise taking Jones with a 3rd/ 4th round pick and making him their backup for a season. He's not going to expect to start right away, but if your starter gets hurt, he seems savvy enough to be able to step in and run a team. Lord knows he's played in big games. That's the thing with Bama players, you know they'll be disciplined and have played in alot of big games.

Please look at Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's combine photos. Not saying he's going to be them, but the QB position is won between the ears and accuracy throwing. You put a guy behind a decent O-line who can process like Jones and make all the throws and you've got a QB that has a chance. A team would be wise taking Jones with a 3rd/ 4th round pick and making him their backup for a season. He's not going to expect to start right away, but if your starter gets hurt, he seems savvy enough to be able to step in and run a team. Lord knows he's played in big games. That's the thing with Bama players, you know they'll be disciplined and have played in alot of big games.
I dont think Jones will be a 3rd or 4th rounder though. If he was a 3rd or 4th rounder I would agree, take him. However I see a team reaching in the 1st

I dont think Jones will be a 3rd or 4th rounder though. If he was a 3rd or 4th rounder I would agree, take him. However I see a team reaching in the 1st
You are probably right, although it really just depends on the team. I wouldn't be shocked if he somehow ends up in New England with Belichick.