Cavs 2023-24

Two awful 3 pointers and a shot clock violation out of a timeout in the last minute. The Cavs coaching staff is clueless when it comes to offense.

Another win that showed some guts. It was nice to see Allen take charge inside, and Ant-man having an awful night. Garland kept them off balance. No Mobley and Mitchell for the Cavs. No KAT for Minny. Cavs keep pace with the Bucks.

future hall-of-famer Sam Merrill was once again 2 of 9 from the field and a -6 while on the floor, but luckily we won so we don't have to read any of Brian's nonsense

future hall-of-famer Sam Merrill was once again 2 of 9 from the field and a -6 while on the floor, but luckily we won so we don't have to read any of Brian's nonsense
Merrill should get in, especially when they have multiple games in a short time frame, but he is what he is and what the people that get paid to assess talent have deemed him to be- a situational reserve. He can help when he's hot but he'll never be a major piece.

Merrill should get in, especially when they have multiple games in a short time frame, but he is what he is and what the people that get paid to assess talent have deemed him to be- a situational reserve. He can help when he's hot but he'll never be a major piece.
I agree … but what I like about him is he is pretty solid in the other parts of the game besides shooting … his D is surprisingly good … guys like that are very valuable … Dean Wade is very similar … both don’t hurt you when their shooting is off … and when they are hot it is an added bonus.

Cavs minus 3 starters take down the number 1 seed in each conference.

Thank God they didn't trade Allen and Garland and whoever else people were screaming to get rid of.

Cavs minus 3 starters take down the number 1 seed in each conference.

Thank God they didn't trade Allen and Garland and whoever else people were screaming to get rid of.
I would still listen to trade offers for them in the offseason and act if there is a trade that improves the team. Only Mitchell and Mobley should be untouchable. Of course any offseason moves will be dictated by what happens in the playoffs. Another first round flame out and the first casualty will be JB, of course.

Today the Cavs have the Nets. Will the Cavs continue their tendency to beat the teams they should lose to and then lose to the teams they should beat?

Games like today are why I’m willing to put Allen and Garland on the trading block in the offseason. You really needed them to step up against the crappy Nets and they played under their averages.

As good as Garland was in the first half…he was just as terrible in the second…turnovers, over dribbling…running the clock too low..trying to score over 7 footers at the rim…when is Mitchell back?

In 21 minutes. If JB was wise enough to play him for twice as many minutes he'd have gone 2 for 10!
Very true, lol. I don't hate the guy, but he's limited as a player. You toss him out there and if he hits a few shots early you give him some extra minutes. If he breaks the backboard on his 2nd or 3rd shot, you pull him and let him know he can go ahead and grab an early dinner.

I do laugh at the Garland defense comments…most folks just watch the ball..as a former coach I watch more what players are doing off the ball on offense and defense..Garland plays minimal effort with on ball defense….and less than zero off the ball or helpside…similar to Kyrie, Harden…and like 40% of the league…Donovan bas really picked up his help defense…stopping penetration and clogging up the passing lanes leading to deflections and steals…ditto for Dean Wade. That’s why it hurts way more missing Mitch, Strus and Wade than it does missing Garland or Mobley. Simple +/- can be misleading…a more comprehensive figure is how many points, assists, rebound and turnovers are a player directly responsible for…KD dropping buckets everywhere effects the rating of all 5…that said KD is unstoppable!