Cavs 2023-24

Predictions -
1) Kenny Atkinson - Coach
2) Mitchell signs a two year extension (three total years under contract)
3) Cavs trade Garland to Orlando for Jonathan Isaac & Jalen Suggs
4) Cavs trade Evan Mobley, George Niang and 1st round pick (this years) for Lauri Markkanen

Starting Lineup and Backups
C - Allen & Thompson
PF - Markkanen, Isaac
SF - Strus, Wade, Bates
SG - Suggs, LaVert, Merrill
PG - Mitchell, Porter

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Predictions -
1) Kenny Atkinson - Coach
2) Mitchell signs a two year extension (three total years under contract)
3) Cavs trade Garland to Orlando for Jonathan Isaac & Jalen Suggs
4) Cavs trade Evan Mobley, George Niang and 1st round pick (this years) for Lauri Markkanen

Starting Lineup and Backups
C - Allen & Thompson
PF - Markkanen, Isaac
SF - Strus, Wade, Bates
SG - Suggs, LaVert, Merrill
PG - Mitchell, Porter
I love 1, 2 and 3.

4 is "get a GM fired" territory. Mobley straight up for Markkanen is a maybe at best - I'm a hard no on that. Giving up a first rounder as well? Markkanen is just not worth all that.

You were the guy saying "Trade Mobley because he is getting you a bigger return". This is what you meant??? lol.

I love 1, 2 and 3.

4 is "get a GM fired" territory. Mobley straight up for Markkanen is a maybe at best - I'm a hard no on that. Giving up a first rounder as well? Markkanen is just not worth all that.

You were the guy saying "Trade Mobley because he is getting you a bigger return". This is what you meant??? lol.
Markkanen is a prefect fit … the NBA is not all about talent (or perceived talent) … he is a big that can shoot, rebound, and decent defense … you can play him at 3 positions (PF, C, & SF) … he can score without having the ball in his hands … on the 2 man game he is a way better picker than Mobley and he gives you something no one else does … pick & pop … all I have heard is how the Cavs should trade for Allen for Brandon Ingram … Markkanen is a way better fit … and Mobley is not as good as you guys think … I am sure others see it as well … Markkanen would be a steal … I feel way better giving him a big contract than Mobley … IMO Mobley is going to be a good player, especially on defense, but he has no special skills on offense.

Utah is talking 3 or 4 draft pick/players for Markkanen … his value is much higher than the guy the Cavs traded away … and there is a reason Mitchell has said he wants to keep Allen … because he is a better fit with Mitchell.

Last edited:
Mitchell will be max extension, not only 2 years. The lottery rumor is interesting. Not sold on Edey in nba at all

Almost like it does wonders in terms of perception to get moved to a crappy 30 win team and to get a lot more shooting volume by way of someone having to score. People that complain about production already forgot Lauri averaged 15 ppg and 6 rpg when in Cleveland two years ago.

I do like Markkanen’s ability to stretch the floor and shoot, his efficiency has been good the last two years, and he is probably peaking in his prime currently…but he is not a premium scorer. He’s a good player that gets plus sized opportunity on a garbage team.

Almost like it does wonders in terms of perception to get moved to a crappy 30 win team and to get a lot more shooting volume by way of someone having to score. People that complain about production already forgot Lauri averaged 15 ppg and 6 rpg when in Cleveland two years ago.

I do like Markkanen’s ability to stretch the floor and shoot, his efficiency has been good the last two years, and he is probably peaking in his prime currently…but he is not a premium scorer. He’s a good player that gets plus sized opportunity on a garbage team.
Exactly. Markannen is a fine shooter and OK on defense and the boards, but not a difference maker. Even up for Mobley I'd have to think hard about about it. Probably not doing that. He is certainly not worth Mobley + Niang + first round pick.

Exactly. Markannen is a fine shooter and OK on defense and the boards, but not a difference maker. Even up for Mobley I'd have to think hard about about it. Probably not doing that. He is certainly not worth Mobley + Niang + first round pick.
Niang is just there to match salary … plus addition by subtraction … and the first pick is there for them to take Niang and not Strus …. Strus is more valuable than the 20th pick for this team.

Niang is just there to match salary … plus addition by subtraction … and the first pick is there for them to take Niang and not Strus …. Strus is more valuable than the 20th pick for this team.
Rationalizing the gross overpayment for Markannen does not help the argument. I would much rather have Mobley and my 1st round pick. Niang can stay or go.

Well you think Mobley is the next coming … I think he is Jaret Wright
False. I have posted several times that I do not think he is going to be elite. But he is an exceptionally talented 7 footer who will be first team all-NBA defensive team with improving offensive skills, and he is sooo young. Why do you make me repeat myself again?

Markannen is not worth Mobley plus a first round pick today. And 2-4 years from now Mobley is probably on All Star teams while Markannen is likely a spot shooter off someone's bench.

False. I have posted several times that I do not think he is going to be elite. But he is an exceptionally talented 7 footer who will be first team all-NBA defensive team with improving offensive skills, and he is sooo young. Why do you make me repeat myself again?

Markannen is not worth Mobley plus a first round pick today. And 2-4 years from now Mobley is probably on All Star teams while Markannen is likely a spot shooter off someone's bench.
I hope I am wrong because I don’t see the Cavs trading him … I just don’t see him improving that much and the fit is not great IMO …. and waiting for him to arrive in 2 to 4 years may be too late … and I believe Markkanen would be a great fit … only time will tell!

I hope I am wrong because I don’t see the Cavs trading him … I just don’t see him improving that much and the fit is not great IMO …. and waiting for him to arrive in 2 to 4 years may be too late … and I believe Markkanen would be a great fit … only time will tell!
In 4 years Mobley will be ... wait for it... Markannen's current age. Smart teams play the long game as well as the "win now" game.

In 4 years Mobley will be ... wait for it... Markannen's current age. Smart teams play the long game as well as the "win now" game.
Ask the Indians about playing the ‘long game’ with Jaret Wright … passing on win now with Pedro Martinez … that looks really ‘smart’ now … how many World Series did they win playing the long game.

Ask the Indians about playing the ‘long game’ with Jaret Wright … passing on win now with Pedro Martinez … that looks really ‘smart’ now … how many World Series did they win playing the long game.
Your trades don’t match.

You could find GM’s back in the day that would have made the Wright for Martinez trade in a heartbeat, but none of them were best friends with Jaret’s dad Clyde like Hart was.

I doubt you could find a GM in today’s NBA that would trade Mobley for Markannan.

Your trades don’t match.

You could find GM’s back in the day that would have made the Wright for Martinez trade in a heartbeat, but none of them were best friends with Jaret’s dad Clyde like Hart was.

I doubt you could find a GM in today’s NBA that would trade Mobley for Markannan.
Cleveland fans love potential … I don’t … I love championships … in my lifetime Cleveland has won one championship … when the Cavs traded potential for experience (Wiggins for Love) … OKC just traded Giddey for Caruso … because they realized that experience and fit is more important than potential … as far a GM willing to trade EM for LM … total speculation … I am sure there are some who see Mobley the way I do … great defense … no special offensive skill … what is his go to move … wait for someone else to beat their man and catch an alley-opp … does he have an outside game, no … mid range, no … post up game, no … is he great at picks, no … nothing special on offense … his only thing you guys hang you hat on is his age … he is young … how long do we wait for him to develop?

Cleveland fans love potential … I don’t … I love championships … in my lifetime Cleveland has won one championship … when the Cavs traded potential for experience (Wiggins for Love) … OKC just traded Giddey for Caruso … because they realized that experience and fit is more important than potential … as far a GM willing to trade EM for LM … total speculation … I am sure there are some who see Mobley the way I do … great defense … no special offensive skill … what is his go to move … wait for someone else to beat their man and catch an alley-opp … does he have an outside game, no … mid range, no … post up game, no … is he great at picks, no … nothing special on offense … his only thing you guys hang you hat on is his age … he is young … how long do we wait for him to develop?
Check the stats please.

The only thing Markannen does better than Mobley is score and shoot, and the scoring is simply because of the volume of shots he gets on a terrible team. Earlier your posts were to trade Mobley for a difference maker. Your proposal is a giant swing and miss. Just give it up.

Check the stats please.

The only thing Markannen does better than Mobley is score and shoot, and the scoring is simply because of the volume of shots he gets on a terrible team. Earlier your posts were to trade Mobley for a difference maker. Your proposal is a giant swing and miss. Just give it up.
Duh …. Shooting is the problem with Allen & Mobley … also every other offensive thing LM is better … fit 10 times better … still waiting for the offensive skill Mobley is great or even good at … Mobley only better on D

Seemed like it was going to either be Atkinson or Borrego from the start.

Neither choice was necessarily exciting, but Atkinson has had some good success in terms of producing offensive results, and should be noticeably better than JB in that regard.

This draft is really weak, but the Cavs IMO managed to get a solid selection at their spot assuming they keep the pick.

Added a bigger SG in Tyson that should figure to have more of an off-ball role at the pro level. Solid shooter. Checks as many boxes as they could hope to fill picking 20th in a weak on paper draft, and hopefully ends up eventually being a quality role player.

This draft is really weak, but the Cavs IMO managed to get a solid selection at their spot assuming they keep the pick.

Added a bigger SG in Tyson that should figure to have more of an off-ball role at the pro level. Solid shooter. Checks as many boxes as they could hope to fill picking 20th in a weak on paper draft, and hopefully ends up eventually being a quality role player.
Does this signal the end of Okoro?

His outside game has and will continue to improve.