CAVS 2022-2023

Gambling has come to Ohio. The Cavs play the team tied with the most wins in the NBA tonight, Boston, away. The under/over on Brian's first whiney post has been set at 7:47 p.m. +110 odds for the words "bad trade" being used in the post, +120 for "embarrassing", -900 for at least one word being misspelled.

Gambling has come to Ohio. The Cavs play the team tied with the most wins in the NBA tonight, Boston, away. The under/over on Brian's first whiney post has been set at 7:47 p.m. +110 odds for the words "bad trade" being used in the post, +120 for "embarrassing", -900 for at least one word being misspelled.
+250 for him to call it a loss in the 2nd and then the Cavs comeback to win (and he'll claim it's because of his post).

-900 for a misspelled word is like giving money away!

Another bad loss to a true contender. That Philly game was the start of the stretch run, and I know NBA regular season games are typically not the best measuring stick…but this team is showing it has more in common with the Knicks, Heat and Hawks than with the Bucks, Celtics and Sixers. A quick playoff exit, even with home court, would not be a surprise. It would still be progress from last year, but again…I wonder if a quick exit means goodbye JB.

I like that JB occasionally gets them to play defense which is rare in the NBA but the offense goes through some ugly stretches that he seems unwilling or unable to diagnose and remedy.

No reason to get wigged out by a road loss to the best team in the East (maybe in the league?). Experience in big games matters, and Boston has it. Cavs are learning about it. Cavs will be a handful for anyone in the playoffs. Just wish they had found someone for the "3" spot at the trade deadline.

I agree completely … in the NBA winning and contending is a process … learn to win at home, then on the road, then close games, then vs good teams … the Cavs have learned the first and are in the process of the others.

I believe they are where they should be right now … by this time next year hopefully they will have progressed even further … I just have two concerns … 1st - their shooting is wildly inconsistent, which means they can go through major colds spells … and second, in close games at the end they forget the ball movement and play hero ball way too much … especially when leading they hold the ball until the end of the shot clock then have to throw up wild shots … OK there is a third, I wish JB would whine less and coach his team more during games.

Hard to win without a 3 that can get buckets…Okoro is all effort and a good defender but isn’t a real option on offense….was surprised they didn’t make a move…I think Cedi is a better option than Okoro most of the time…they might be playing him to show him out for possible trades? With all the hype about Evan Mobley out of the team I am hoping he makes a step forward next year..215 pounds at his height is not going to cut it in the league…and to play the stretch 4 you actually have to make shots…see what he brings next year…I am happy tho…outside of the return of Lebron I have watched way too much bad Cavs basketball…I like where this is…and hopefully where it is going 👍😎

Another demolition of the Pistons. Good, but it shows nothing. Celtics at home next. Another game that can actually tell us something about the Cavs. They will be rested while the Celtics will have played the Knicks the night before. Another bad loss to a contender will be tough to take under those favorable circumstances.

Celtics coming in after a double OT loss should be a game they win. If they lose this one at home, it will be difficult to imagine them getting out of the first round.

Tatum and Horford have just been ruled out of tonight's game. Yet another home game where an opposing team sits some of their main starters. Maybe that's why the Cavs have one of the best home records in the league? ;)

Tatum and Horford have just been ruled out of tonight's game. Yet another home game where an opposing team sits some of their main starters. Maybe that's why the Cavs have one of the best home records in the league? ;)
I fear you are correct. Cavs being run off the court again at home at halftime. Hoping for a second half rally, but not expecting it. Even Austin Carr mentioned missing the playoffs last year really retarded the growth of the team and they don’t understand how to ramp it up at this time of the season. I hope for more, but would bet on a first round exit. The only saving grace would be that JB will be fired and an experienced coach can begin the real process of getting the Cavs to contender status. And I hate to agree with Brian about Garland, but I would seriously have him on the trading bloc this summer in a package for a wing that can shoot and play some D.

Thank the lord, the Cavs needed that win just to prove to themselves they can beat the best when the best are jockeying for playoff position. I still don’t feel good about their playoff chances, but I’m going to root for this bunch. I’m still hoping for a parting from JB at the end of the playoffs only because I just don’t feel like he has what it takes to lead a team to a championship, but I hope he proves me wrong. As for the lineup? Garland is a luxury. The need the wing in the worst way and Mobley needs more touches. It’s Spida’s team with Mobley as an upcoming superstar. It’s not Garland’s team and he is the obvious trade bait, as is Allen (a big game pu$$!) in the right deal.

Was actually able to watch the comeback and OT, as I don’t get Bally Sport at home. Unfortunately, it was because I was stuck in an ER waiting room waiting for my son to get his dislocated shoulder put back in place after a fall in lacrosse practice. 😛

Thank the lord, the Cavs needed that win just to prove to themselves they can beat the best when the best are jockeying for playoff position. I still don’t feel good about their playoff chances, but I’m going to root for this bunch. I’m still hoping for a parting from JB at the end of the playoffs only because I just don’t feel like he has what it takes to lead a team to a championship, but I hope he proves me wrong. As for the lineup? Garland is a luxury. The need the wing in the worst way and Mobley needs more touches. It’s Spida’s team with Mobley as an upcoming superstar. It’s not Garland’s team and he is the obvious trade bait, as is Allen (a big game pu$$!) in the right deal.
I fear the Cavs will do what most teams across all sports do in their position and stick with the status quo until JB gives them a reason to be fired. Perfectly average, doing the right thing type players get upgraded all the time, why shouldn’t the same type of coaches?

Got to see the comeback on NBA Highlights,going to need much more help from the bench for any kind of run in the playoffs.

The Athletic had a great take on the Love situation and its relationship to the current "challenges" the Cavs bench has had. Basically the JB haters would agree what was said; that this 8 man rotation is his call and could be the down fall come playoff time. He put his faith into Okoro, Wade, and Lavert while Love just was not in the plans in his mind; in the past 10 games all have been letting him down. I am not sure Love has much left in the tank but why get rid of a guy with a ton of playoff experience on a team severely lacking this? Keep an eye on the Knicks too and if they lose the 4th seed to these guys you add the pressure of playing a series with more games in MSG in front of that pressure cooker.

In a game with no Allen, Garland and Mitchell combine for 2-16 on threes, and a 16 point deficit, the Cavs still battle back for a W. This is a quality squad with good character.

In a game with no Allen, Garland and Mitchell combine for 2-16 on threes, and a 16 point deficit, the Cavs still battle back for a W. This is a quality squad with good character.
The first half they were getting run off the court,last half of the fourth was really good defense that got them a win on the road.

I actually turned off the game for the majority of it due to the lack of effort by the Cavs, if I paid good $s to be in the arena on Sunday I would have seen this as a waste of money.

Yep, the next step if they are going to get to a higher level is to put those dogs down early so that you can rest your stars later in games.