Cardinal huskies football

The changing grades “rumor” is all but confirmed here

Seems to me that maybe the administration gave Gresko unauthorized access to grades? I don’t see how a non union teacher could legally have access to ability to access grades.

Actually it’s probably pretty easy if it’s on the computer and he has a sign in. I don’t know what his job is there but if he needed access for one thing or another. The details will make a big difference, was he reprimanded by administrators for this more than once? Did he believe his job allowed him to do this? Did he do it for just football players because they were going to fail? Lots of questions and very little answers yet.

Actually it’s probably pretty easy if it’s on the computer and he has a sign in. I don’t know what his job is there but if he needed access for one thing or another. The details will make a big difference, was he reprimanded by administrators for this more than once? Did he believe his job allowed him to do this? Did he do it for just football players because they were going to fail? Lots of questions and very little answers yet.
Rock I totally agree with you. I have no understanding of what his job or responsibilities are I just find it hard to comprehend that someone with no accreditation through the teachers union would have access without someone else in authority giving it to them. I’m sure the details will come out and think it may go deeper then a football coach ?‍♂️

Been wondering why the police were involved in the first place. Was talking to a friend of mine who is an officer in the area (not involved in the case) and he was wondering that too. Changing grades isn’t a criminal offense. Fireable offense, yes. Not sure why Cardinal didn’t just fire him and move on if the only offense was changing grades for students, he’s not a union teacher and can be fired basically at any time. Now the district is getting terrible press all over NE Ohio (as they’re about to put a new levy on the ballot in a year or 2 because they’re broke again). Doesn’t add up to me. There’s way more to this than anyone outside of the situation knows about a

Been wondering why the police were involved in the first place. Was talking to a friend of mine who is an officer in the area (not involved in the case) and he was wondering that too. Changing grades isn’t a criminal offense. Fireable offense, yes. Not sure why Cardinal didn’t just fire him and move on if the only offense was changing grades for students, he’s not a union teacher and can be fired basically at any time. Now the district is getting terrible press all over NE Ohio (as they’re about to put a new levy on the ballot in a year or 2 because they’re broke again). Doesn’t add up to me. There’s way more to this than anyone outside of the situation knows about a
There is poor leadership in the school district and it’s starts from the top with bill Kermavner and Markiel Perkins. They want to wash their hands of the situation so they called the police is from what I’m being told. Cardinal looks like a bunch of clowns once again and it’s unfortunate

Tampering with public records is a felony according to the Geauga County sherif department
What about the criminal negligence on the superintendents or principals end? Many people on this thread have asked why does george gresko even have access to change grades? Gresko is not a teacher. It’s like saying a substitute teacher would have access to the grade book

There is poor leadership in the school district and it’s starts from the top with bill Kermavner and Markiel Perkins. They want to wash their hands of the situation so they called the police is from what I’m being told. Cardinal looks like a bunch of clowns once again and it’s unfortunate
If they wanted to wash their hands of it, they woulda just fired the guy and moved on before it got out of hand like this. Not sure what you’re being told (doubt It’s accurate) but if that’s really what happened, then the admin there might be the dumbest ive ever seen.

What about the criminal negligence on the superintendents or principals end? Many people on this thread have asked why does george gresko even have access to change grades? Gresko is not a teacher. It’s like saying a substitute teacher would have access to the grade book
Unless police can prove admin had knowledge or helped him do this, there won’t be any charges like that. The fact that they called police on him probably shows that they weren’t in on it. It’s not the same as a sub having access to grades, but Gresko probably has access to their student information system as an attendance liaison or whatever his title is. Again like I’ve said before, there is plenty of unknown with this situation. He probably bullied teachers into changing grades if he didn’t have access to it

Direct from an article on the situation from Channel 3:

“According to Tucholski, the Middlefield Police Department was contacted in March by Cardinal Schools Superintendent Bill Kermavner, who said that the district had a teacher that was changing grades in other teachers' classes. The case was assigned to a detective and was forwarded to the Geauga County Prosecutors Office for review following a long investigation.”

Note how this says “a teacher was changing grades in other teachers classes” meaning Gresko probably wasn’t the one actually doing the changing.

(side note: the fact that this has been investigated since March, over 3 months, is honestly a joke)

Direct from an article on the situation from Channel 3:

“According to Tucholski, the Middlefield Police Department was contacted in March by Cardinal Schools Superintendent Bill Kermavner, who said that the district had a teacher that was changing grades in other teachers' classes. The case was assigned to a detective and was forwarded to the Geauga County Prosecutors Office for review following a long investigation.”

Note how this says “a teacher was changing grades in other teachers classes” meaning Gresko probably wasn’t the one actually doing the changing.

(side note: the fact that this has been investigated since March, over 3 months, is honestly a joke)
Wow that’s interesting. Just went back and read the article. It does say “a teacher was changing grades” hmm ?

Who in this forum is actually involved in this school district and/or have kids that played for Gresko? What he is accused of is an individual choice. Nothing to to do with the board or principal.

Unless police can prove admin had knowledge or helped him do this, there won’t be any charges like that. The fact that they called police on him probably shows that they weren’t in on it. It’s not the same as a sub having access to grades, but Gresko probably has access to their student information system as an attendance liaison or whatever his title is. Again like I’ve said before, there is plenty of unknown with this situation. He probably bullied teachers into changing grades if he didn’t have access to it
The kids that grades were changed for were non football players or athletes. That’s what the news stories are missing! Gresko deals with a bottom of the barrel kids

Who in this forum is actually involved in this school district and/or have kids that played for Gresko? What he is accused of is an individual choice. Nothing to to do with the board or principal.
Drenski, browns12, hcfootball and probably
Others… are all George Gresko. He has a huge history of using this forum to pump his name for head coaching vacancies. Because you are a brand new member I’m guessing you’re another new Gresko handle.

it’s pathetic.

The kids that grades were changed for were non football players or athletes. That’s what the news stories are missing! Gresko deals with a bottom of the barrel kids
Even if they are the “bottom of the barrel kids” why is it ok to go into their grades and change them? He isn’t a teacher. Those weren’t his grades to change. His roll was to mentor these failing kids. Like study hall to help them. Yet because he was busy posing on Facebook, putting stats on YouTube ect, he neglected these students. Football came first. So what point do you have slamming children who need help?

Drenski, browns12, hcfootball and probably
Others… are all George Gresko. He has a huge history of using this forum to pump his name for head coaching vacancies. Because you are a brand new member I’m guessing you’re another new Gresko handle.

it’s pathetic.
No, no I am not.

No, there is NOT poor leadership. What Gresko did was an individual choice. Any coach knows to follow OHSAA guidelines, which he does not. Any person would know it’s not ok to change classroom grades that are not your own.

What is the draw to this guy? This entire forum is insane! Here it is:
1) Young cowboy hotshot trying to insert his dominance. Typical young kid with a big boy ego.
2) Gets a head coaching job at a young age and nothing can touch him. OHSAA Regs are non existent because rules don’t apply. Multiple kids get injured.
3) High school kids in football get held hostage from 2:30-9 every Friday/or day because kids don’t need any release after school. Football is life right??! High school boys need to leave school, after school for a couple hours. I mean come on….
4) They created an admin position for me so I can be the head football coach. I did some ok things but I am football and I am going to make up my own rules and do what I want. Im going to on OHSAA regs. Then blame other people and get alumni and other community members to protest against the school on my behalf…. Even though I know I am wrong and I know what I did but will never admit it.
5) The students in my glorified study hall still aren’t passing, even slightly so I’m going to tap into our online platform change like these kids did what I was supposed to help them with to save my job. Buttttt it backfired because my ego is to big and karma found me.

any questions?

What is the draw to this guy? This entire forum is insane! Here it is:
1) Young cowboy hotshot trying to insert his dominance. Typical young kid with a big boy ego.
2) Gets a head coaching job at a young age and nothing can touch him. OHSAA Regs are non existent because rules don’t apply. Multiple kids get injured.
3) High school kids in football get held hostage from 2:30-9 every Friday/or day because kids don’t need any release after school. Football is life right??! High school boys need to leave school, after school for a couple hours. I mean come on….
4) They created an admin position for me so I can be the head football coach. I did some ok things but I am football and I am going to make up my own rules and do what I want. Im going to on OHSAA regs. Then blame other people and get alumni and other community members to protest against the school on my behalf…. Even though I know I am wrong and I know what I did but will never admit it.
5) The students in my glorified study hall still aren’t passing, even slightly so I’m going to tap into our online platform change like these kids did what I was supposed to help them with to save my job. Buttttt it backfired because my ego is to big and karma found me.

any questions?
Lmao

-Most football programs don’t let their players go home after school. I’m sure he was pretty much on the same schedule Kenston was on. (Since he coached there for several years prior) Holding them hostage lol. Come on. That’s what good programs do. Team dinner after school, film, meetings ect.

-Injuries are the coaches fault?

-His position is not an admin position. It’s a glorified aide position.

-The students he deals with do not care about school. Once they hit 18 they drop out.

Lmao

-Most football programs don’t let their players go home after school. I’m sure he was pretty much on the same schedule Kenston was on. (Since he coached there for several years prior) Holding them hostage lol. Come on. That’s what good programs do. Team dinner after school, film, meetings ect.

-Injuries are the coaches fault?

-His position is not an admin position. It’s a glorified aide position.

-The students he deals with do not care about school. Once they hit 18 they drop out.
- did kenston coach send texts via an app at 11:00pm on some nights? Emails mandating athletes to do what he said or consequences on loosing positions will he had? During non football seasons?
- no wonder Cardinal had a loosing record when the kids were burned out by 7:00pm fridays.
- it is the coaches fault when athletes are injured prior to OHSAA contact regulations?? Ummm YES!!! How many were sidelined prior to the start of the 2021 season for the year? And why? Before contact was allowed? Explain please.
-regardless of student drop out rates, was it not his duty to at least pretend to help these kids? But to save the day let’s hack grades.
Once again it’s individual ADULT choices that lead here.

- did kenston coach send texts via an app at 11:00pm on some nights? Emails mandating athletes to do what he said or consequences on loosing positions will he had? During non football seasons?
- no wonder Cardinal had a loosing record when the kids were burned out by 7:00pm fridays.
- it is the coaches fault when athletes are injured prior to OHSAA contact regulations?? Ummm YES!!! How many were sidelined prior to the start of the 2021 season for the year? And why? Before contact was allowed? Explain please.
-regardless of student drop out rates, was it not his duty to at least pretend to help these kids? But to save the day let’s hack grades.
Once again it’s individual ADULT choices that lead here.
2020 season… my bad.

I am involved in the district in ways that I am not going to share, and have ties to players on the team. I agree that what Gresko did was an individual choice. However, the way the administration handled this has been poor all the way around (unless there are things that we don’t know yet). If Gresko was just changing grades, he should have been fired immediately and the district washes their hands of him in March. However, they let a 3+ month police investigation turn into terrible publicity for the district, parents and community members in tears at a board meeting trying to keep Gresko, and no coach for the team in the middle of June (and for the time being). Again, we probably don’t know the whole story, but it seems to me that this should have been taken care of months ago and the fact that this guy is still employed by the district and that there is technically no football coach at cardinal right now shows lack of leadership in my eyes

I am involved in the district in ways that I am not going to share, and have ties to players on the team. I agree that what Gresko did was an individual choice. However, the way the administration handled this has been poor all the way around (unless there are things that we don’t know yet). If Gresko was just changing grades, he should have been fired immediately and the district washes their hands of him in March. However, they let a 3+ month police investigation turn into terrible publicity for the district, parents and community members in tears at a board meeting trying to keep Gresko, and no coach for the team in the middle of June (and for the time being). Again, we probably don’t know the whole story, but it seems to me that this should have been taken care of months ago and the fact that this guy is still employed by the district and that there is technically no football coach at cardinal right now shows lack of leadership in my eyes
I see them trying to do the right thing in the correct manner. Yes, the community should have been updated as to what what’s was going on but I see where, legally, they may not have been able to. For multiple reasons. I saw members with true community
influence sticking up for a person they don’t even know. This guy is a blip in Cardinal history but necks are out there. Why?

I see them trying to do the right thing in the correct manner. Yes, the community should have been updated as to what what’s was going on but I see where, legally, they may not have been able to. For multiple reasons. I saw members with true community
influence sticking up for a person they don’t even know. This guy is a blip in Cardinal history but necks are out there.
You hit the nail on the head right here.

influence sticking up for a person they don’t even know. This guy is a blip in Cardinal history but necks are out there. Why?

I still don’t understand why members of the community, alumni, and parents are sticking their necks out for someone they don’t even know. This guy has been a coach for 2 seasons. It’s not like a huge scandal happened and a coach that has been at Cardinal for 30 years was involved. Or a coach that was a Cardinal athlete back in the day. Why are you sticking your neck out? You all are going to bat for who? “The kids gravitate fo him” - ummmm as they do to most coaches! They are teens. When this comes out fully, it’s not the HS principal, it’s not the school board (who’s members have been here for decades, not 2 years), it’s not the MPD, it’s his fault. He never cared about the kids. It’s all been about his ego. I’m not 100% hating. I feel bad for him. He had potential. His ego got into the way. Blinders in your 20’s is a real MF’er

You seem to have some personal beef with Gresko & that’s fine, but you’re missing what’s actually going on here. The administration created a position for him because they wanted him in the building. He is not a teacher. He does not have any degree of any kind. In fact, he doesn’t even have the credentials to be a board approved substitute in the district. He should’ve never been given access to grade books. Instead of firing him and handling it in house, the superintendent ran to the police and opened the flood gates for liability against the district. It is a crime to grant access to any joe blow off the street to confidential student information. Administrators are bound to privacy laws to protect the students. You may not like gresko as a coach, but he isn’t actually under attack for anything he did as a coach. Separate the two. He’s a young guy that’s getting railroaded by an administration in an effort to cover their own asses. Even if gresko is charged and found guilty, he is the least guilty party in this situation. And you should be questioning the integrity of your board and administrators, who are allowing these things to happen. THEY are the biggest liability. Superintendents and principals get their licensure to ensure these situations can’t happen. If gresko was actually a certified teacher - totally different story. But he’s not.

I still don’t understand why members of the community, alumni, and parents are sticking their necks out for someone they don’t even know. This guy has been a coach for 2 seasons. It’s not like a huge scandal happened and a coach that has been at Cardinal for 30 years was involved. Or a coach that was a Cardinal athlete back in the day. Why are you sticking your neck out? You all are going to bat for who? “The kids gravitate fo him” - ummmm as they do to most coaches! They are teens. When this comes out fully, it’s not the HS principal, it’s not the school board (who’s members have been here for decades, not 2 years), it’s not the MPD, it’s his fault. He never cared about the kids. It’s all been about his ego. I’m not 100% hating. I feel bad for him. He had potential. His ego got into the way. Blinders in your 20’s is a real MF’er
The majority of school board members have been there for decades. The district has been a joke for decades. Gresko has only been there for 2 years. The superintendent has only been there for 2 years. The principal has only been there for 2 years. You’re so quick to say no one knows gresko, why stand up for him? No one knows Bill or Markiel either, so what makes you so sure about them? The school board hasn’t paid attention to anything for decades. Clearly. So if you’re putting all your eggs in that basket, you’ll lose every time.