Blue Jackets First Post Season

terrible. Jackets have had a few chances (first game in the first period, second game in the second) if they could of finished them they woulda had a shot in both games, not saying they would have won them but they wouldnt of gotten killed. Jackets will feed off the home crown and win one of the two and send it back to detroit.

terrible. Jackets have had a few chances (first game in the first period, second game in the second) if they could of finished them they woulda had a shot in both games, not saying they would have won them but they wouldnt of gotten killed. Jackets will feed off the home crown and win one of the two and send it back to detroit.

For sure the home crowd helps-first playoffs ever-sellout crowd and then some
Definitely win 1, possibly both

Ya usually its the other way around with Col having a good PwrPlay attack but not the case

they can pull it together..but will they

Actually, Im pretty sure the jackets have one of the worst power plays in the league.. But i do agree with you- I wouldnt be shocked if jackets win both at home

Actually, Im pretty sure the jackets have one of the worst power plays in the league.. But i do agree with you- I wouldnt be shocked if jackets win both at home

I thought they had one of the worst penalty kills in the league?

Anyhow, Detroit was 24th in the league on power plays but has really got it going against Columbus. Columbus needs to realize that the playoffs is a marathon and not a sprint. They came out strong for 1 and 1/2 periods in game one but Detroit withstood the storm and had plenty left to put them away. This could end up being a sweep.......but I also remember Detroit being up 2-0 in a series before and then losing 4 straight. Home crowd will get Columbus fired up but could the pressure of playing at home be too much???

Game 3 on TV? Anyone?

Hey, I would check FSN ohio when you can. Originally FSN ohio was the reds game(up until last night) but when i checked this morning they had the blue jackets game.

Go jackets--huge game and I think with the homecrowd in a must win you will see the jackets win 3-2

Hey, I would check FSN ohio when you can. Originally FSN ohio was the reds game(up until last night) but when i checked this morning they had the blue jackets game.

Go jackets--huge game and I think with the homecrowd in a must win you will see the jackets win 3-2

My FSN Ohio has the REDS game on one channel and the CAVS on the other. The alternate channel is showing a NBA game which I presume is also the CAVS game. I'm hoping that one of them will show the Jackets game. I had heard that STO might be televising it. I do not receive STO 24/7 so I am hoping that it comes on for the game......:shrug:

Columbus losing composer, after a hard hit on Umberger (nearly KO'ing him) Two Jacket players are putting hits on REDWING players behind Mason, forgetting about where the puck is and Zetterberg puts it in to go up 3-0.

dissipointing. Now its going to take something special. If they win thursday, and somehow pull it out at Detroit in game 5 and bring it back to nationwide then you never know. Very doubtful though

horrible horrible way to end the game, I cant believe they actually called that. The way they were calling everything late in the game, then they call that?! Thats horrible- I just am so shocked they called that- it did not change the game in any way- that ref totally blew that call

horrible horrible way to end the game, I cant believe they actually called that. The way they were calling everything late in the game, then they call that?! Thats horrible- I just am so shocked they called that- it did not change the game in any way- that ref totally blew that call

If the man coming onto the ice had not played the puck it probably would not have been called. The Blue Jackets announcers counted 6. It was the right call. Crappy way to end it but right.

It had to be called because the player coming on the ice played the puck before the player he was replacing left the ice....you can have 6 on the ice as long as know one plays the puck. Blame the player, not the official who made the right call. It was a no brainer. Point, though, Mason should have smothered the puck instead of leaving it their to be knocked in for the game winner. Mason is the reason why the Jackets got to the playoffs, but the playoffs is another story, Mason and the Jackets will be back and will be ready for the playoffs next season.

Mason had a bad night tonight, he should of had a couple of those goals. Infact, i dont know that he played to his potential at all in the playoffs. Then again, detroit probably had a lot to do with that. Either way its a shame jackets couldnt play like that the whole series. Here is to next season though(and to the wings losing to luongo if/when they match up in the conf finals)