Blue Jackets First Post Season

Playoff's = Goaltending.....

I think the "CHILL" can get pass the first round, Calgary/Vacouver shouldn't be too bad...after that though, it depends who they get.......!!!!!

i agree.
I think even if they were overmatched(?) in the first round they might be able to pull it off due to adrenaline and such

I think I would rather play Calgary first round. If goaltending is what gets you far in the playoffs, I would be worried if we were faced up with the best goalie in the league in Luongo. The only reason they arent too scarry is because their offense is just pitiful. If vancouver could generate a little bit of offense, they would be a dangerous team.

On that note, the blue jackets have been playing very well as of late and I woldnt be surprised if they got to the conference finals. It is exciting to finally see columbus make a playoff run.

Columbus is not mathematically in it, they could do that with a point tonight against Chicago....if their not careful they could drop out of the #6 spot which I feel is a good seed for them.

Congrats to the Blue Jackets, sure would be nice to see both the Blue Jackets and Red Wings play in the confrence finals for me at least...

1-San Jose 117
2-Detroit 112
3-Vancouver 98
4-Chicago 100
5-Calgary 96
6-Columbus 92
7-Anaheim 88
8-St.Louis 88
Nashville 88
Minnesota 85

Minn vs Nashville and CBJ vs St.Louis tonight

Anyone know if any major networks will be broadcasting the playoffs (other than versus)? i.e. ESPN, NBC?

1-San Jose 117
2-Detroit 112
3-Vancouver 98
4-Chicago 100
5-Calgary 96
6-Columbus 92
7-Anaheim 88
8-St.Louis 88
Nashville 88
Minnesota 85

Minn vs Nashville and CBJ vs St.Louis tonight

Anyone know if any major networks will be broadcasting the playoffs (other than versus)? i.e. ESPN, NBC?

ESPN never covers the NHL. NBC only does the finals, and Versus does most of the playoffs. I think they do 2 games a night.

NHL Network (ch. 215 DirecTV) may broadcast some of the games from the Canadian Networks (TSN, CBC). Hopefully ESPN will step up and buy the broadcasting rights sometime soon.

It'd be really handy to buy CBC and TSN just for their hockey coverage though

Jackets could very easily sneak into the conference semifinals. Great thing about the NHL playoffs is that just about anyone can make a run.

Jackets get the Red Wings in round one. Thoughts? In the regular season they went 3-3. I am hoping for a win and with Mason anything can happen.

Well, this kind of sucks.

I am a "Chill" fan and support Columbus, but Detroit is my favorite team. I was hoping that they would avoid each other as long as possible. Now a first round matchup.....man, it will be tough for me.

I think Columbus matches up well, but the playoffs is a different world that the "Chill" are not used to. It will be interesting to see how they come out to play in game 1.

I think game one is huge. I dont know that the jackets have to win it in order to win the series, but if they get blown out it could be the end for them. Detroit is a different team in the playoffs and if the jackets keep game one within a goal it could send a message. (2-1 or 3-2)

Mason is the key to the series(obviously) Its clear he has the potential to play outstanding and lead the jackets to the next round but you have to keep in mind Mason is a rookie-will he perform as good as he did in the regular seaosn in the playoffs?

ESPN never covers the NHL. NBC only does the finals, and Versus does most of the playoffs. I think they do 2 games a night.

NHL Network (ch. 215 DirecTV) may broadcast some of the games from the Canadian Networks (TSN, CBC). Hopefully ESPN will step up and buy the broadcasting rights sometime soon.

It'd be really handy to buy CBC and TSN just for their hockey coverage though

1st round TV Schedule

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31386

What is TSN?

If FOX Detroit is showing REDWING hockey games that aren't being televised by Versus, than, will FOX OHIO show the Jackets??

The Sports Network. Canada's ESPN .... I guess. Games are often picked up by the NHL Network. I have not yeat looked ahead on DirecTv to see. I just thought the link might help for those who have Versus and the NHL Network. Plus, it is the whole 1st round schedule.

Okay, so I'm not sure how the Jackets choked away the 6th seed, but I no longer believe they can win their first round series. The Red Wings are a bit banged up, but no matter, they're still a tough, experience squad. Detroit in 5.

Okay, so I'm not sure how the Jackets choked away the 6th seed, but I no longer believe they can win their first round series. The Red Wings are a bit banged up, but no matter, they're still a tough, experience squad. Detroit in 5.

LIke what was said before by some: the Wings are a different team in the playoffs & Mason could fold under the playoff atmosphere

CBJ lose tom 4-2 but comeback in the next game and eventually stun the Red Wings in 7 games

What is TSN?

If FOX Detroit is showing REDWING hockey games that aren't being televised by Versus, than, will FOX OHIO show the Jackets??

Yes the game tonight is on Fox Sports Ohio. Also it's on Versus but I guess it's blacked out in Ohio. When the Reds play only the Columbus and Cleveland area will get the Blue Jackets. Also for Cleveland it depends when the Cavaliers play too.

Yes the game tonight is on Fox Sports Ohio. Also it's on Versus but I guess it's blacked out in Ohio. When the Reds play only the Columbus and Cleveland area will get the Blue Jackets. Also for Cleveland it depends when the Cavaliers play too.

Why would it be blacked out in all of Ohio?

Confused....

I need to DVR the game, so do I DVR Versus, or DVR Foxsports???

I would DVR both but that is not an option...lol

I think I can reason out my own question.

When I was looking into getting Fox Detroit, I learned that all REDWINGS games were blacked out unless you lived in Michigan. (this does not make sense but it is so you are forced to buy the NHL package) ... So, using this reasoning, Fox Sports Ohio will show the BlueJackets game, but if you live outside Ohio, it will be blacked out and you will have to watch it on Versus. So, if you live in Ohio, this game will be blacked out on the Versus channel....similar to when the REDS play on ESPN and FOX, the ESPN game is blacked out.

I think I can reason out my own question.

When I was looking into getting Fox Detroit, I learned that all REDWINGS games were blacked out unless you lived in Michigan. (this does not make sense but it is so you are forced to buy the NHL package) ... So, using this reasoning, Fox Sports Ohio will show the BlueJackets game, but if you live outside Ohio, it will be blacked out and you will have to watch it on Versus. So, if you live in Ohio, this game will be blacked out on the Versus channel....similar to when the REDS play on ESPN and FOX, the ESPN game is blacked out.

Correct...So hopefully you DVR Fox Sports Ohio.

Here's the rule, MLB and NHL have the same blackout policies...

Local broadcast and cable stations which contract with a team to show their games in the local market have priority to televise those games over national broadcasters (assuming that the national broadcaster does not have exclusive rights to the game, as discussed below). If ESPN telecasts a game, and the game was scheduled to be telecast by the local rights holder, the game will be blacked out on ESPN in that market (usually replaced by ESPNEWS). Similar blackouts occur on other networks which telecast nationally, such as WGN, although this would be considered a local broadcast in Chicago respectively since the network only cover its local team (the game would be blacked out in the opponent's market only). (The same restriction was in place when TBS televised the Atlanta Braves, which was a local broadcast in Atlanta.)

Jackets had a pretty good first period (if only they coulda put one of the many chances home) but i kept thinking they couldnt play like that the whole game. Jackets need to take the next one bad.

Jackets had a pretty good first period (if only they coulda put one of the many chances home) but i kept thinking they couldnt play like that the whole game. Jackets need to take the next one bad.

Well, they had 4 power plays in the first period and couldn't cash in. Detroit is not that good at the kill and even as horrid as Columbus is on the power play they really needed to cash in.