Block buster Transfers to Canton McKinley

Yea, because your qb, rb and one of your receivers last year weren't transfers, were they? How about your new rb this coming season? He is a transfer, correct?

Seems to me that you guys already know how to do it. Must be another reason or reasons, you can beat any quality teams.
Like I said learned it from the best.

Bulldogs are headed in the right direction. 4 losses, 3 of them to top 5 teams in the state and the other to another team headed in the right direction. The demise of Canton McKinley football is being exaggerated.

Bulldogs are headed in the right direction. 4 losses, 3 of them to top 5 teams in the state and the other to another team headed in the right direction. The demise of Canton McKinley football is being exaggerated.
Don’t disagree but they have to win one of Avon/Massillon and make a run in Region 1. Probably the second toughest non-league schedule in the state.

I would agree that it’s being slightly exaggerated BUT they got smoked by the three good teams they played, found a way to lose to Glenoak, and really only barely pulled out a win vs Green

104–24 to those 3 teams……
What is their record against non league D1 teams the last decade ?
How about playoff wins over the last decade ?
We all know the last 8 games against Massillon.
Demise ? No not by definition but it sure has diminished over the last decade for sure.

I think it will depend who has the better recruiting year.
If McKinley has been recruiting, they need a new director of recruiting. They have a solid, respectable program but at the end of the day they are not competing for championships. And I don’t mean state championships. Winning regional titles has to come first. When is the last time the Bulldogs were in the final four.

If McKinley has been recruiting, they need a new director of recruiting. They have a solid, respectable program but at the end of the day they are not competing for championships. And I don’t mean state championships. Winning regional titles has to come first. When is the last time the Bulldogs were in the final four.

Approximately 20 years ago McKinley decided

True. It's not just the players, it's the culture and that's where McKinley....well, let's just say that the culture is gone. Probably forever.
I think you are on to something, but the potential is great if someone can put it all together. I do think the coach is on the hot seat.

Good morning. This is a bet I’d take. If McK doesn’t get out the region with their loaded roster and Ed’s having so much turnover… Massillon is loaded again but beating Hoban back to back will be tough but not impossible.
Mck barely got past a 3 win Iggy and then got annihilated by Ed’s last year. Ed’s is a machine and just reloads at this point

Mck barely got past a 3 win Iggy and then got annihilated by Ed’s last year. Ed’s is a machine and just reloads at this point
Agreed, agreed, and agreed. I’m a believer in the Jimmies and Joes and it could be argued in 2024 McK has more Jimmies and Joes than St. Edward. Moore is a solid coach but a lot of Massillon (not saying you’re one of them) gave him a hard time for not winning it all, he accumulated some very very talented Jimmies and Joes and your Tigers got over the top. Re: Ed’s, they do reload but they’re not replacing the 5 B1G/ND players with players that will be playing at that level. Based on pure talent if McK can’t get past St. Edward next season they never will,

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. I’m a believer in the Jimmies and Joes and it could be argued in 2024 McK has more Jimmies and Joes than St. Edward. Moore is a solid coach but a lot of Massillon (not saying you’re one of them) gave him a hard time for not winning it all, he accumulated some very very talented Jimmies and Joes and your Tigers got over the top. Re: Ed’s, they do reload but they’re not replacing the 5 B1G/ND players with players that will be playing at that level. Based on pure talent if McK can’t get past St. Edward next season they never will,
Mck has some talent no doubt, but they always have talent. St Ed’s had a lot of seniors graduating but I’d be shocked if they don’t have a crop of talent right behind them who just happened to be stuck on the bench. Look at the RB that burst onto the scene last season out of nowhere and by the end of the season and playoffs was running for 200yds per game. The qb will be a senior who has experience now as well. I just don’t see Mck going from being a team that got running clocked by Massillon and Ed’s to being a state semi finalist. They’ll beat up on the Fed like usual but will struggle when it comes to playing multiple tough teams in a row in the playoffs.

I’m a believer in the Jimmies and Joes and it could be argued in 2024 McK has more Jimmies and Joes than St. Edward.
I’d love to hear this argument.
They have 2-3 decent kids from last years team and a few transfers from Texas and a RB from Glenoak.
That certainly doesn’t put them above what Ed’s will have next year.

I’d love to hear this argument.
They have 2-3 decent kids from last years team and a few transfers from Texas and a RB from Glenoak.
That certainly doesn’t put them above what Ed’s will have next year.
We can agree to disagree. Keeping the argument to 2025’s, I won’t argue and won’t take your money, I guarantee McK has more 2025 kids go D1 than St. Edward. Why italicize Texas, would it make a difference if they came from NEO? Would you italicize Beachwood or Copley (Mass transfers) or Cleveland (our transfers)?

Reactions: Mck