Biden's town hall in Cincinnati will be at a Catholic college.

ElderHSfan02

President Biden's town hall Wednesday night in Cincinnati will be held at a Catholic college – prompting protests from local anti-abortion groups and grumbling from Cincinnati's archbishop.

Mount St. Joseph University confirmed Tuesday it is hosting the president for a CNN town hall which airs Wednesday at 8 p.m.

That prompted Right to Life of Greater Cincinnati is calling on people to contact the Sisters of Charity, who own the university; the group is also planning a protest Wednesday night.

The group, which opposes abortion, said the suburban Cincinnati university is hosting the "most pro-abortion president in U.S. history" and asked the public to call the university in protest along with Cincinnati Archbishop Dennis Schnurr.

The university was established by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati in 1920 as the first Catholic university for women in southwest Ohio.

"The University has always been and will continue to be a diverse and inclusive place where people from different races, ethnicities, social backgrounds, beliefs, and religions can come together to discuss and share their unique perspectives," a statement from the school said. "We look forward to introducing the Mount to a nationally televised prime time audience."

The Archdioceses of Cincinnati issued a statement Tuesday saying Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr would not have granted a visit by President Biden to Catholic property – but Wednesday's visit wasn't his call. The statement said Schnurr has not been contacted about the visit.

"Archbishop Schnurr has therefore not been asked for, nor would he have granted, his approval for any such event to occur on Catholic premises," the statement went on to say, "Mount Saint Joseph University operates independent from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati."

His invitation to speak at the University of Notre Dame also prompted alumni to criticize the school citing Biden's "pro-abortion and anti-religious liberty agenda." Biden declined the invitation due to a scheduling conflict.

"Tell them this is unacceptable for a Catholic university," an email from Right to Life of Greater Cincinnati read. "They should be ashamed to host a man responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent unborn lives."

They called on Schnurr to make it clear to area Catholics that "President Biden is not a Catholic in good standing until he does all in his power to put an end to abortion."

The group said Biden is working to roll back restrictions on taxpayer-funded abortion put in place by the Trump administration, and referred readers to a list of Biden's "crimes against the unborn."

News of the venue, a small Catholic university tucked into the hills of Cincinnati's conservative West Side, had been a closely held secret, despite a Monday influx of satellite trucks outside the university's main auditorium.

Mount St. Joseph University is in Delhi Township, a community of 30,000 residents 15 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati. And while Hamilton County voters chose Biden 57% to Trump's 41%, it was a different story in Delhi Township, which opted for Trump by a margin of 67% to 31%.

Auditor Dusty Rhodes, a Democrat and Catholic from Delhi, agreed with Right to Life in social media posts. He called Biden the “most pro-abortion president we’ve ever had.”

He said Catholic nuns agreeing to host him is “unconscionable.”

“For the Sisters of Charity, an alleged Catholic order, to allow him to use their facilities is just sending all the wrong signals,” Rhodes said.

Contributing: USA Today, Jackie Borchardt

Thoughts? I don't think Biden will be speaking on abortion yet many in Cincinnati are upset about him having a town hall at Mount St. Joe which is a Catholic college on the westside of Cincinnati in Delhi.

so how many liberals on Yappi got their invite to attend the townhall..... second question, did you get your card with the question you are suppose to ask? did banjo boy handlers send it by mail or email to you?

and I think Acosta is doing the townhall... now that is funny!!!!!

You let him speak and counter with your ideas, that's how its supposed to work.

I have no problem with him speaking there, maybe he'll spontaneously combust due to his heresy.

He does not personally support abortion. Just respects our constitution and Supreme Court decision on the governments role and personal choice.

Meanwhile trump broke up catholic families with his child separation policies. They would host him as well.
Which American Catholic families did Trump break up?

I'm more interested in if people think the Sisters of Charity should have said no to Biden speaking at their college. Archbishop Schnurr said he would not have allowed it, but MSJ is run by the Sisters of Charity and not the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. I guess Biden won't be welcome at Elder High School, which is run by the Archdiocese, any time soon!

He does not personally support abortion. Just respects our constitution and Supreme Court decision on the governments role and personal choice.

Meanwhile trump broke up catholic families with his child separation policies. They would host him as well.
BS!!!!

Yet he signed multiple pro abortion executive orders. Talks out of both sides to his mouth. Sold out for the votes

I'm more interested in if people think the Sisters of Charity should have said no to Biden speaking at their college. Archbishop Schnurr said he would not have allowed it, but MSJ is run by the Sisters of Charity and not the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. I guess Biden won't be welcome at Elder High School, which is run by the Archdiocese, any time soon!
Why TF would he go to Elder?

Yet he signed multiple pro abortion executive orders. Talks out of both sides to his mouth. Sold out for the votes
Who cares? Every politician is going to sell out in some way for votes lol plus, we're always talking about overpopulation so maybe we need abortion

Maybe he wanted the Pitt and they said no. I am surprised he is not going for Brent Spence as a back drop? It is sad how bad some of our infrastructure is...

He is making a few rounds in Cincinnati. I wouldn't be surprised to see something to that effect.

Speak the whole truth please Mr. lying,looney lefty! Trump broke up Illegal Immigrant Catholic Families. It’s also not Trumps fault that Illegal Catholics from Mexico or South America chose to break the law with their children in tow!