Best District 2021 performance?

Chante Clinkscale. Niles McKinley
Broke the district record in the 100 and 200

0.07 seconds off the D2 state record.
100 time even faster than Paige from Mentor
I second this. She will break the
100 record in these next 2 weeks

The Lady Griff's from Buchtel led by junior DaMya Barker set 4 meet records at the Salem district ( 100h, 300h, 4x2 and 4x4)
The girls side of this meet will probably fly under the radar, but it was ultra-competitive. Teams from Salem, Buchtel, StVM, Marlington and others battled it out all day. If I remember correctly there was three teams tied for first after scoring 15 events. Inspirational performances from all.

Chante Clinkscale. Niles McKinley
Broke the district record in the 100 and 200

0.07 seconds off the D2 state record.
100 time even faster than Paige from Mentor
I agree with this, I was there and she is impressive!! Not only will she possibly brake the 100m record but wouldn't be surprised if she broke the 200m record also. She started to pull up w/ about 15m to go, said she felt tight. She ran a 24.58, only 0.62 off the record, and won by almost 40m, with no one pushing her. I can't wait to see her times w/ someone pushing her, but it might not happen till state cuz she's still over a second faster than the next best qualifier in her region.

I agree with this, I was there and she is impressive!! Not only will she possibly brake the 100m record but wouldn't be surprised if she broke the 200m record also. She started to pull up w/ about 15m to go, said she felt tight. She ran a 24.58, only 0.62 off the record, and won by almost 40m, with no one pushing her. I can't wait to see her times w/ someone pushing her, but it might not happen till state cuz she's still over a second faster than the next best qualifier in her region.
Speaking of her- well basically Niles, Mooney and East. Why were they in Bedford for district instead of Lakeview or Salem? Why were Akron teams in Salem and not Bedford?

Speaking of her- well basically Niles, Mooney and East. Why were they in Bedford for district instead of Lakeview or Salem? Why were Akron teams in Salem and not Bedford?
I think it had something to do with Bedford being an all Girls district, do all of those teams have D-2 Boys teams?

I think it had something to do with Bedford being an all Girls district, do all of those teams have D-2 Boys teams?
Hubman has the right idea. There were enough DII girls teams in the NE District to fill 5 district meets but only enough DII boys teams to fill 4 district meets, so they assigned all the DII girls teams whose boys teams were in either DI or DIII to Bedford, and those qualifiers will compete at the Lexington Regional. This will enable all the NE schools whose boys and girls are all in DII to go to the same regional instead of forcing coaching staffs and parents to potentially be split between 2 locations.

Franklin runner Liam Acevedo ran a 49.21 400m dash as a freshman at districts which puts him 1st in the state and 3rd in the country among freshman 400 runners. Overlooked performance

Franklin runner Liam Acevedo ran a 49.21 400m dash as a freshman at districts which puts him 1st in the state and 3rd in the country among freshman 400 runners. Overlooked performance
Where is he ranked 3rd? While a tremendous result for a freshman, I wouldn't put any trust in Milesplit, AthleticNet or others for accurate, complete rankings.

One other Ohio freshman broke 50 at the Riverside DI district meet, Karl Dietz 49.96 second in state and fifteenth nationally.

Last edited:
Marlington finished fifth in their district. They have a solid 4X800 relay and are having a good year as a team. But what’s the fuss all about.

DQ at the Regionals , what happened ?
Long story. Official wasn't at check in tent when he walked over. Never checked in. Officials let him race but said his time would not count. Lots of argument by Franklin coaches but head official wouldn't change his mind. the next day the lady who was supposed to check him in at the tent, came forward and said she saw him walk over to check in when she was guiding the girl 400 runners to the start line. Officials changed their mind, Liam ran tonight and qualified for state.