Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the Bengals left some points on the field this week. Any predictions for Brecksville game? Hudson really did them dirty, so maybe the Bees will be extra motivated for some revenge after the playoff loss two years ago.
Brecksville is awful Benny by 40.

Anyone have the current roster available they can share? It looks like some numbers have changed since the preseason and I am not sure who is wearing which numbers now.

Attachments

• Benny Varisity 2021.pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 35
Apparently Jake you don't know who this is. If you did you would not be questioning my reply. I was merely stating that I don't like tackle twill or Nike. Nothing to do with the awesome donation from Mr. Hannah. Moving forward you should hold your tongue before you insert your foot. I will continue to donate to Benedictine despite your rude comments.
How can it be a RUDE comment if I don't know who you are,????????? You are TBone 22 to me and some one questioning Mr Hannah judgement in beautiful uniforms. I dont" hold my tongue " to people that hide behind a made up name. I made no secret who I was and try to help out with information for people that ask for it. The one thing I have learned in the 17 years I've helped out at the HOC is you NEVER question the donation of generous benefactor. You can reveal yourself any time you like

How can it be a RUDE comment if I don't know who you are,????????? You are TBone 22 to me and some one questioning Mr Hannah judgement in beautiful uniforms. I dont" hold my tongue " to people that hide behind a made up name. I made no secret who I was and try to help out with information for people that ask for it. The one thing I have learned in the 17 years I've helped out at the HOC is you NEVER question the donation of generous benefactor. You can reveal yourself any time you like
Jake. That's the beauty of Yappi. I might be standing next to right now, but you'll never know it. I can give my opinions and not get ridiculed. All of my statements are positive. Even my opinion of the new jersey's. Because of the fact that I have never been a fan of tackle twill, since I had to wear those heavier than most jersey's, it's not a negative, it's an opinion. I am not a fan of Nike. Again. Just my opinion. Thank You Mr. Hannah for your wonderful donation. Thank You Jake for all of your hard work & dedication to Benedictine.

I hope the Bengals come in tonight focused tonight and take it to the Bees quickly. Work on what needs work and hopefully be at a point that some young guys get a feel for the varsity field with some playing time.

Next week it starts to get really interesting...

Any opinions on Cathedral Prep? They recently lost to McDowell - who barely beat Lake....Am I reaching too far with transitive law here trying to draw a comparison?

Any opinions on Cathedral Prep? They recently lost to McDowell - who barely beat Lake....Am I reaching too far with transitive law here trying to draw a comparison?
If Bene plays like they did against Brecksville, Prep wins , easily . Bene didn’t look interested. That’s all I can say.

Do you know how bad Brecksville is ? Bene did not play a good game.
And Derell Bedingfield Jr needs to clean it up.
If Brecksville did not have #25 playing both ways, the score would have been 50-0. Yes, they are bad, but the Bengals took care of business and did not take any unneeded risks.

Do you know how bad Brecksville is ? Bene did not play a good game.
And Derell Bedingfield Jr needs to clean it up.
Did you see the defense they were playing? Double coverage on #3 and safety playing 30 yds from LOS....they ran for 350 yds which is what you should do playing 11 vs 10

While McDowell isn't anything special it is a rivalry type game with Prep. Not saying Prep is all that this year but they are still a solid program with good coaching and players that are getting looks at the next level. On offense they have a big kid playing QB and they like to run the ball with the QB as a part of the package or throw short and go for YACs. On defense is where they seem to have more challenges, especially on the edges and at CB. This is HS football though and as a reminder of what can happen Ohio's best Div I team, Xavier, lost to a winless team from KY so be prepared when it comes to out of state teams.

Also any cleveland.com subscribers on this thread? They just posted their Sophomores to watch list and none of the solid Benny Sophs were listed but they did list the QB from Brecksville who was nothing special Friday night.

You are. McDowell is much better today than they were week 1. McDowell knows Prep inside and out since they play every year and they had a perfected game plan for THAT game. Prep vs. Benedictine is a toss up. I might lean towards Benedictine. But it could be a good game. Also I don't know how big Benedictine is, but McDowell's size and depth on defense wore Prep down. That's the advantage of being a 6A team vs. basically a 4A team.

You are. McDowell is much better today than they were week 1. McDowell knows Prep inside and out since they play every year and they had a perfected game plan for THAT game. Prep vs. Benedictine is a toss up. I might lean towards Benedictine. But it could be a good game. Also I don't know how big Benedictine is, but McDowell's size and depth on defense wore Prep down. That's the advantage of being a 6A team vs. basically a 4A team.
Is that equivalent to D1 vs D3 in Ohio?

Benedictine has seen the ‘spread offense with the running qb who doesn’t really have a prolific arm’ enough times this year that I don’t think defense should be any issues. I don’t have any reason to believe our offense won’t continue putting up 30+ points this week. If Solon can, we can.

Thanks for some of the western PA insight to give us something to talk about this week.

Thanks for some of the western PA insight to give us something to talk about this week.
To me Benedictine is the favorite. But Prep somehow someway seems to find a way to win games and state titles when you don't think they should win. But my gut says Bene by 14.

Benedictine has seen the ‘spread offense with the running qb who doesn’t really have a prolific arm’ enough times this year that I don’t think defense should be any issues. I don’t have any reason to believe our offense won’t continue putting up 30+ points this week. If Solon can, we can.
Prep DOES love to throw the bomb. It IS a part of their offense and they have had many big plays with it this season.

Prep DOES love to throw the bomb. It IS a part of their offense and they have had many big plays with it this season.
We’ll see if they have any success with it Friday but I’m not sure it will make a difference in the result.

To me Benedictine is the favorite. But Prep somehow someway seems to find a way to win games and state titles when you don't think they should win. But my gut says Bene by 14.
I expect a tough battle. Benedictine comes out on top , 24-17.

I expect a tough battle. Benedictine comes out on top , 24-17.
Should be a fun one. I have a list of 5 games for this Friday to choose from to go to. That is on the list, but probably won't make the final cut. I will narrow it down to 1 by Friday.

Should be a fun one. I have a list of 5 games for this Friday to choose from to go to. That is on the list, but probably won't make the final cut. I will narrow it down to 1 by Friday.
Just make sure the Euclid Booster Dogs and the Bengal Brain Buster Questions are taken into account during your decision make process.

Just make sure the Euclid Booster Dogs and the Bengal Brain Buster Questions are taken into account during your decision make process.
Euclid booster dogs? NO THANKS. Unless they are Smith's hot dogs, forget about it! Although I do like watching a game at that stadium. I'm wondering if the Euclid booster dogs are Smith's hot dogs??

Euclid booster dogs? NO THANKS. Unless they are Smith's hot dogs, forget about it! Although I do like watching a game at that stadium. I'm wondering if the Euclid booster dogs are Smith's hot dogs??
Best hot dog in HS FB. Tough to ignore these things too when you smell them going into the stadium, reminds me of when Peterson nuts would shoot the smell of roasting nuts out of the store and on to Euclid Ave to get the saliva juices flowing going.

Best hot dog in HS FB. Tough to ignore these things too when you smell them going into the stadium, reminds me of when Peterson nuts would shoot the smell of roasting nuts out of the store and on to Euclid Ave to get the saliva juices flowing going.
But are they Smiths hot dogs? Best in the world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.