Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
sniff, sniff, I think someone is telling me to drive to Cleveland for a football game. I KNEW I should have made the trek when TCC played.

As a heads up Benedictine will be honoring the 1970-71 City Championship teams at halftime of the game on Friday vs Erie Cathedral Prep at 7pm at Euclid Stadium.

ClevBenedictine4.jpg

Question for Bengal fans… didn’t Benedictine drop down to D4 or 5 not long ago for a short time? How did they increase enrollment in that time? Could it be the cost or is Benedictine insanely expensive like St. Ed’s and aight?

Question for Bengal fans… didn’t Benedictine drop down to D4 or 5 not long ago for a short time? How did they increase enrollment in that time? Could it be the cost or is Benedictine insanely expensive like St. Ed’s and aight?
Division 4 for 2 years, you might remember the 2014 state semifinal game at Canton Central Catholic. There were just 2 small classes in the school at that time. And no, Benedictine has cheaper tuition than St. Edward.

Long time no hear Crimson & Black, hope all is well.

They did drop to Div IV for a couple years as they worked through some smaller classes. They are currently the 2nd smallest school enrollment wise in Div II; they are a Div II team in talent but a Div III team in roster size and depth but because of competitive balance they were moved up to Div II. Aurora and Chardon are pushing 100 boys bigger than Benedictine and they are in the brutal Region 9, wonder if they would rather be in Region 5? Nonetheless Benny plays as hard as they can where they are placed but as a personal observation these pubs pushing Div I really have much larger rosters and therefore much more depth to play platoon football and weather key injuries. I am guessing in a year or so Benny will be back in Div III, would be cool to see the Big Red again. Some memorable games in the 2000s in the playoffs, still remember Reno calling a time out so he could get on the field and bark out some "comments" loud enough for the Benny sidelines to hear him at PBTS.

It’s nice to see one of Ohio’s blue bloods back in that yearly contender status. The Big Red is on the smaller end of D3 and I can’t see enrollment increasing. I would envision us going to D4 soon. Steubenville Catholic is D7 and may not even be able to continue football for long. That’s a very proud tradition and would be a shame to see them lose football. Folks just ain’t clamoring to move to the Ville!

Some more false news posted by the Yappi propaganda gang. The Bengals will be playing Cathedral Erie Prep Friday

Some more false news posted by the Yappi propaganda gang. The Bengals will be playing Cathedral Erie Prep Friday
That’s good news. Benedictine definitely has title aspirations and would benefit from these 3 tough games to close the season.

Long time no hear Crimson & Black, hope all is well.

They did drop to Div IV for a couple years as they worked through some smaller classes. They are currently the 2nd smallest school enrollment wise in Div II; they are a Div II team in talent but a Div III team in roster size and depth but because of competitive balance they were moved up to Div II. Aurora and Chardon are pushing 100 boys bigger than Benedictine and they are in the brutal Region 9, wonder if they would rather be in Region 5? Nonetheless Benny plays as hard as they can where they are placed but as a personal observation these pubs pushing Div I really have much larger rosters and therefore much more depth to play platoon football and weather key injuries. I am guessing in a year or so Benny will be back in Div III, would be cool to see the Big Red again. Some memorable games in the 2000s in the playoffs, still remember Reno calling a time out so he could get on the field and bark out some "comments" loud enough for the Benny sidelines to hear him at PBTS.
Can’t beat Avon or Avon Lake so try your luck with West G or West Holmes. Makes sense. Meanwhile once every eight years a Roman Catholic plays quarterback. And once every fifteen years a player in the secondary has received first holy communion.

Can’t beat Avon or Avon Lake so try your luck with West G or West Holmes. Makes sense. Meanwhile once every eight years a Roman Catholic plays quarterback. And once every fifteen years a player in the secondary has received first holy communion.
2.5/10 for the troll, at least be original.

A
2.5/10 for the troll, at least be original.
A little early to speculate, but since this is just a forum…why not? If the Bengals won R5, Massillon wins R7 and LaSalle wins R8, I would think the state semi match would depend on the R6 winner. If it’s Toledo CC, there is no way they would rematch them until the state final. If Avon (or another NEO team) wins R6, I can see another R5 vs R6 state semi at Byers, Lakewood or Finnie.

This is why they kick it off. Go Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.