Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have your mask over your eyes? Benedictine scored 3 touchdowns to McKinley 1. Sandusky was also there , Art Bortnick is their Defensive Coordinator.

That could go either way . But I think Bene was a bit too much . Then the Bedford offensive line outworked Bene d-line and we had more issues .
Hey, MrBeneBengal, Maybe if you truly knew the team, you would known that the "issues" the d-line was having was because their coach died the night before in a sad drowning accident. Bedford was nothing but thugs! Easy to judge when you have no real knowledge of the team, coaches or players!

Hey, MrBeneBengal, Maybe if you truly knew the team, you would known that the "issues" the d-line was having was because their coach died the night before in a sad drowning accident. Bedford was nothing but thugs! Easy to judge when you have no real knowledge of the team, coaches or players!
I’ve been around a long time . Had no idea about the coach , so chill .

LONG TIME ? Maybe on Yappi talking about the team.... Maybe sitting in the stands.

Trust me , my family legacy at Benedictine goes much further back than yours . Plus friends . You’re a JOHNNY COME LATELY.

LONG TIME ? Maybe on Yappi talking about the team.... Maybe sitting in the stands.

Trust me , my family legacy at Benedictine goes much further back than yours . Plus friends . You’re a JOHNNY COME LATELY.
I don’t care if you’re a decedent of St. Benedict. You don’t have the right to tell our kids how they should or shouldn’t act when deal with major trauma like this.

I don’t care if you’re a decedent of St. Benedict. You don’t have the right to tell our kids how they should or shouldn’t act when deal with major trauma like this.
If only you could read . Did I not say I had no idea a coach passed away ? What a complete moron you are . Hopefully you are not a coach .

I’m all for supporting . Like I said , just learned about this . Didn’t see it posted anywhere . Was at 7 on 7’s last night . Didn’t hear anything about it. Spoke with a few people as well. CONDOLENCES TO THE COACHES FAMILY.

Last edited:
I’m all for supporting . Like I said , just learned about this . Didn’t see it posted anywhere . Was at 7 on 7’s last night . Didn’t hear anything about it. Spoke with a few people as well. CONDOLENCES TO THE COACHES FAMILY.
Which coach passed away?

I have no dog in this fight bro but how can you call them thugs? You dont kno nothing about Bedford what if they had somebody die? You don't kno

Why is this thread buried 4 pages deep? Lets go Bengals! Football season is upon us! Practices are in full swing. Field at MLK is buzzing. Got to watch a couple 7 on 7's--- all are excited. What will this team look like this season. Excited to see the dynamic WR Marv Conklin tear up opponents. The young RB will also be a treat. The concern will be replacing nearly every other position on the field. A strong senior class has graduated. There will be gapping holes needing to be replaced on both sides of the ball. OL is rebuilt, DL will be all new. 1 LB and 1 DB return. Big challenges on the Defensive side of ball. This added to last couple years of weak defensive schemes and development (slow attack at snap, separation issues, and limited gap containment-all 'bull rush' mentality) and will be interesting. Based on some of the lack discipline (see Bedford 7v7) exhibited last couple years IF going gets tough, it could get dicey. Good challenge for all.

Game 1 will be a big indicator and evaluation of the program and coaching staff. Both Walsh and Benny hired their HC's 3 years ago. Prior to last years OT win, Benny has owned Walsh at every level. To the point where Walsh didnt even want to schedule Benny. It appears that approach has changed. Walsh HC seems to be making some advancements with adding players and developing. This will be Goode's 3rd year and should see the players he has developed make some progress? The jr's and soph's are Goode's "guys". The results of that game will tell what direction each of the program are heading. Still don't think Walsh can hang with Benny's athletes. Also Walsh's loss of their star RB is a big setback. Should be a good game.

Good news is that 12 teams now make the playoffs. At that point its a new season. Best of luck!

A few scrimmages coming up. At Lorain on August 7th, 10:00 AM.
Then at St Eds on August 13th , 6:00 PM

Attachments

• 14A3A816-5DBD-479F-A37D-21B65ACBD86C.jpeg
    14A3A816-5DBD-479F-A37D-21B65ACBD86C.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 21
M
Why is this thread buried 4 pages deep? Lets go Bengals! Football season is upon us! Practices are in full swing. Field at MLK is buzzing. Got to watch a couple 7 on 7's--- all are excited. What will this team look like this season. Excited to see the dynamic WR Marv Conklin tear up opponents. The young RB will also be a treat. The concern will be replacing nearly every other position on the field. A strong senior class has graduated. There will be gapping holes needing to be replaced on both sides of the ball. OL is rebuilt, DL will be all new. 1 LB and 1 DB return. Big challenges on the Defensive side of ball. This added to last couple years of weak defensive schemes and development (slow attack at snap, separation issues, and limited gap containment-all 'bull rush' mentality) and will be interesting. Based on some of the lack discipline (see Bedford 7v7) exhibited last couple years IF going gets tough, it could get dicey. Good challenge for all.

Game 1 will be a big indicator and evaluation of the program and coaching staff. Both Walsh and Benny hired their HC's 3 years ago. Prior to last years OT win, Benny has owned Walsh at every level. To the point where Walsh didnt even want to schedule Benny. It appears that approach has changed. Walsh HC seems to be making some advancements with adding players and developing. This will be Goode's 3rd year and should see the players he has developed make some progress? The jr's and soph's are Goode's "guys". The results of that game will tell what direction each of the program are heading. Still don't think Walsh can hang with Benny's athletes. Also Walsh's loss of their star RB is a big setback. Should be a good game.

Good news is that 12 teams now make the playoffs. At that point its a new season. Best of luck!
My concern are the lines and the depth.

Lack of discipline? If you were there you would have seen the Benny OL pancake the Bedford DL and the DL coach from Bedford run over and get all crazy which started the pushing and shoving....its football and little skirmishes are gonna happen...far from lack of discipline IMO

M

My concern are the lines and the depth.
Depth is actually the #1 concern. Benny is really a Div III team pushed up to Div II with the key difference between the two being bodies on the sidelines. Yes they may be able to get athletes from a wider area but that still doesn't take into account that they just don't have the numbers that these large Div II programs that can platoon both sides of the ball and also be able to absorb key injuries better. Oh well, they just have to suck it up and play with the hand they were dealt.

Very interested on the upcoming week 1 game vs Walsh. Walsh keeps getting better and better each year and it will definitely not be a walk through game for the Bengals. Both teams have a lot to prove this season. Bengals lost a very experienced line and my worry is they do not have the same fire power as the guys last year.

Discipline has been a huge issue over these past years for Benny. Especially the past season. From the jumping off sides, personal fouls, and fights after games (Massilon). Felt like the Bengals had more talent then any other team last year but discipline issues have held them back.

Looking forward to watching Benny this year. From all the 7 on 7’s seems like a hungry, energetic group. Hopefully the Bengals surprise some people this year! Go Bengals!

Status
Not open for further replies.