Beavercreek Football Head Coach Position

Lots of good kids in 9th and 8th grade the future is bright for who ever gets the job.
Beavercreek's 8th graders went 1-6 this year and the freshmen class went 0-7 as 8th graders last year. Part of Beavercreek's problem is their parents don't understand how much better the rest of the GWOC is compared to their own kids. Junior high results don't mean everything but you have to have some evidence to say the future looks bright. Just because your kids beat up on Xenia and Fairborn in Pee Wee football doesn't mean you are ready for Springfield or Centerville when those kids get to high school.

Beavercreek could not get Burgbacher even if they threw everything they possibly could at him.
Obviously Tipp couldn’t compete in the GWOC, they are a D3 school, no D3 school in the Dayton area besides Trotwood historically could. However Tipp does compete and consistently beat bigger schools in the MVL, and that they do it with smaller less talented kids, like Beavercreek would need to do, which I think is what DC was referring to.

'Creek's best stretch in recent history was when they went 17-13 across a three year period from 2015-2017. I believe their high water mark since 2000 (maybe earlier?) is 7-3. How can they get back to developing teams that get to that level? IMO as an outsider to everything, they would be served best by finding a long-term committed guy to the community. Has to be somebody that will have relationships across the district and community and will be a stable, reliable presence for many years. They do not have the talent walking the halls for a "quick turnaround". Hiring a "proven coach" from another community sounds good, but unless that person moves to the community and connects with people from the ground-up, it's not going to build anything that lasts. Could be a young guy who is willing and able to move to Beavercreek, or could be someone already there with deep community ties. Not sure if those people are out there or exist, just my two cents as an outsider.

Beavercreek Beavers last 3 head coaches records

Colvin 4-16

2023 - 2-8
Wins - Ponitz, Thurgood
2022 - 2-8 Wins - Franklin, Ponitz

Black 25-56

2021 - 0-10
Wins - N/A
2020 - 2-9 Wins - Ponitz, Xenia
2019 - 2-8 Wins - Xenia, Ponitz
2018 - 1-9 Wins - Fairborn
2017 - 6-4 Wins - Xenia, Carroll, Fairborn, Lebanon, Miamisburg
2016 - 4-6 Wins - Xenia, Carroll, Fairborn, Fairmont
2015 - 7-3 Wins - Xenia, Carroll, Fairborn, Bishop Hartley, Northmont, Springfield, Fairmont
2014 - 3-7 Wins - Fairborn, Dunbar, Springfield

Clodfelter 43- 57

2013 - 5-5
Wins - Carroll, Piqua, Fairborn, Springfield, Fairmont
* 2012 - 7-3 Wins - Carroll, Piqua, Fairborn, Wayne, Springfield, Centerville, Fairmont
2011- 6-4 Wins - Fairfield, Carroll, Xenia, Northmont, Springfield, Fairmont
2010 - 1-9 Wins - Fairmont
2009 - 4-6 Wins - Stebbins, Carroll, Sidney, Xenia
2008 - 5-5 Wins - Stebbins, Carroll, Sidney, Xenia, Fairborn
2007 - 6-4 Wins - Fairborn, Lebanon, Fairmont, Springfield South, Springfield North, Xenia
2006 - 5-5 Wins - Lebanon, Fairmont, Springfield South, Springfield North, Xenia
2005 - 2-8 Wins - Fairborn, Springfield South
2004 - 2-8 Wins - Trotwood, Greenville

* League Champs

Beavercreek's 8th graders went 1-6 this year and the freshmen class went 0-7 as 8th graders last year. Part of Beavercreek's problem is their parents don't understand how much better the rest of the GWOC is compared to their own kids. Junior high results don't mean everything but you have to have some evidence to say the future looks bright. Just because your kids beat up on Xenia and Fairborn in Pee Wee football doesn't mean you are ready for Springfield or Centerville when those kids get to high school.
To add context to this post. The current 9th graders went 7-2-1 this year. So they turned around that 0-7 in a very positive way. 8th grade did go 1-6 after a successful 6-2 campaign in 7th grade. However, they lost their starting running back to Alter and lost 4 starteds due to injury before the first game was played with season ending injuries. 4 of those loses were also by 6 points or less. Future is bright just doesn’t shine as bright for someone on the outside looking in.

In 20 seasons that's 20 wins vs. Those teams who make up the GWOC these days. 4 of those coming vs split Spingfield teams (North and South) that's a pretty broad sample size to determine that the league isn't a great fit for football. It's going to continue to be very difficult.

Does theCreek need to look at changing leagues? I don’t know if the SWBL or the league with Piqua and Tipp would take them(sorry the name escapes me now) . But maybe several years of of playing against a lower level of competition might bring more success laying the bricks for a new foundation.

Does theCreek need to look at changing leagues? I don’t know if the SWBL or the league with Piqua and Tipp would take them(sorry the name escapes me now) . But maybe several years of of playing against a lower level of competition might bring more success laying the bricks for a new foundation.
they would do better football-wise in the MVL, but they would be completely dominant in every other sport, and i don’t think the other schools in the league would like that.

To add context to this post. The current 9th graders went 7-2-1 this year. So they turned around that 0-7 in a very positive way. 8th grade did go 1-6 after a successful 6-2 campaign in 7th grade. However, they lost their starting running back to Alter and lost 4 starteds due to injury before the first game was played with season ending injuries. 4 of those loses were also by 6 points or less. Future is bright just doesn’t shine as bright for someone on the outside looking in.
Current Freshman went 7-2-1 as freshman and 1-7 as 8th graders. Mix 2027 and 2028 together it is going to get good for a couple years

seems like a decent hire. he did an admirable job at Xenia. he turned Xenia around from being a dumpster fire to a formidable team. i hope he has the ability to be a great recruiter in the hallways.
I remember him at Stebbins. Though I don't think he won game in the CBC divisional play...I could be wrong, he did provide a solid base to a school that had been struggling to compete. He seemed to do well at Xenia and looks to have the credentials. Is he still a triple option, double wing, kind of guy?

Congrats to him on his hiring.

I remember him at Stebbins. Though I don't think he won game in the CBC divisional play...I could be wrong, he did provide a solid base to a school that had been struggling to compete. He seemed to do well at Xenia and looks to have the credentials. Is he still a triple option, double wing, kind of guy?

Triple Option guy.

Yes, during his 2 years at TCN he ran double wing triple option. More midline; Q handed it off alot to their big FB or kept it. Rarely did you see a pitch

Yes, during his 2 years at TCN he ran double wing triple option. More midline; Q handed it off alot to their big FB or kept it. Rarely did you see a pitch
To be fair, he didn't have a lot to work with at TCN besides a decent athlete at QB and a big FB that was a tough runner.

Triple Option guy.
In your opinion, how well will the 3X O stack up in the GWOC? Don't get me wrong, I'm old school and love the running option offense but.....
Does this kind of offense scare kids off?
Granted Creek didn't light up the stats last year and with their #1 rusher being a Sr and returning QB having negative yards rushing, there is a lot of missing pieces coming into this year. He has is work cut out for him.

In your opinion, how well will the 3X O stack up in the GWOC? Don't get me wrong, I'm old school and love the running option offense but.....
Granted Creek didn't light up the stats last year and with their #1 rusher being a Sr and returning QB having negative yards rushing, there is a lot of missing pieces coming into this year. He has is work cut out for him.
Wasn’t Beavercreek running the triple the last time they won GWOC? I think they had as good of numbers as anybody in the GWOC when they were running the triple under Scott? I seem to remember beating Centerville with that offense but I could be wrong?

Wasn’t Beavercreek running the triple the last time they won GWOC? I think they had as good of numbers as anybody in the GWOC when they were running the triple under Scott? I seem to remember beating Centerville with that offense but I could be wrong?
2012? I don't recall the the particulars of that year. Fast forward a decade or so and kids see the Spread, Empty Sets, RPO, read options, etc.. They see the receivers are more integral to the system than the RBs. Especially QBs. Again, don't get me wrong, I love the 3X O, anything strong rushing but coming into a dumpster fire, the coach will have a tough row to hoe selling a ground, RB dominated offense....even to fickle parents.

Just a question to how a 3X O would do in the GWOC...I am sure the D Coords will be pulling their hair out, lol

I really like the hire and I believe he can have success but it will take some time and I hope the Creek faithful have a bit of patience and buy in.

Im with you on what most teams run these days. Almost every team on Friday night (except a few in the miami valley) are running some sort of read, rpo spread and everybody seem to incorporate an h-back, which the commonality is much easier on dc’s from week to week. But like Saban said, when he had only a few practices (one week) to prepare for the triple and his kids couldn't simulate it in practice, even they got gouged trying to defend that offense.

IMO It’s the best offense for them. Creek does not have spread kids. They could keep running it and beat Ponitz and Thurgood. But if they want to compete and at least have a chance in games where they are mismatched talent wise, then yes the triple is perfect!

Im with you on what most teams run these days. Almost every team on Friday night (except a few in the miami valley) are running some sort of read, rpo spread and everybody seem to incorporate an h-back, which the commonality is much easier on dc’s from week to week. But like Saban said, when he had only a few practices (one week) to prepare for the triple and his kids couldn't simulate it in practice, even they got gouged trying to defend that offense.
I think all D Coords say that about the 3X O and most hate playing the military Academies. Yet, there are horses needed that can pull that scheme off. It's a poor man's Wing-T. Does the Creek have studs in the stable to do this?

I remember the McNabb era at Syracuse and the offensive flavor that filtered down into HS was the Midline and Freeze Option. Then again, all that revolved around an athletic QB that could make decisions and execute. There are shades of that now with spread. What does this man have to work with?
IMO It’s the best offense for them. Creek does not have spread kids. They could keep running it and beat Ponitz and Thurgood. But if they want to compete and at least have a chance in games where they are mismatched talent wise, then yes the triple is perfect!

I will agree 100%. Yet, who knows what he will do but we have an idea from his past. I think he is good at shortening the games to give his kids the best chance at winning in the end and that does revolve around the triple. Any thoughts to his defense? Again, as stated above, what does he have to work with?