Beavercreek Football Head Coach Position

I do not see Scott coming back. Even though he was pretty successful at Creek. Nic Black showed you can win there but sometimes the well runs dry.

Creek is similar to Fairmont IMO with size of school, kids that go there, and other things. Creek wants to win but does not want to do what is needed to win. You have to be tougher than most and be almost perfect to win. Parents ran Nic out because they wanted to throw the ball. I think the best thing Creek could do is go back to slowing games down and running the ball. Parents did not like Scott because he was "too hard" on the kids.

Creek also has arguably the worst facilities in the GWOC which is sad.

The community wants competetive teams but again does not want to put in the money/work to make them have pride. The last GWOC championship was 2012 (Creek beat Wayne and Centerville, and lost by 1 to Hillard Davidson), crazy to think about because now they do not even compete well in the GWOC.

I hope Creek can keep builidng things and hopefully they hire someone who will stay a while.

What a great job for a young coach. Absolute perfect place for a young coach to make bank and create a culture of winning. There's obviously no expectations to win right away. Colvin had a nice career at CJ.

This is rough for Beavercreek, they were wanting to get a culture built and grow the program when they hired Marcus. They made a special position for him to free up time during the day and I think he was making progress in growing a culture and numbers for the program. Now you have to go get another outside big name or a safer in the system pick. I think Butch Snider, head coach at Oakwood, was in the running when Marcus got the job 2 years ago and he is in the building already would be a good pick. He was the DC in 2012 when they won their division in the GWOC and he is an alumni. I don't know what big name person locally would want that job? I'm thinking Springfield Shawnee Head coach Rick Meeks or Tipp City's Matt Burgbacher would be a good choice. If I was the AD at Beavercreek I would throw everything at Burgbacher to try and get him to take the job, he has won everywhere is has been (Fort Loramie, Troy, Tipp City) and Tipp has the similar student body make up as Beavercreek and wins regularly against bigger schools.

Burbacher is a good man and a good choice but to compare Tipp and Beavercreek is foolish. Tipp would not win a game in the current GWOC set up. He has also coached at traditional powers where all the coaches win. Beavercreek is a different situation.
I wasn't saying that Tipp would win in the GWOC, I meant that they, like Beavercreek, don't have the most talent in their league but still win, even against the higher division schools, consistently. That is what Beavercreek needs, someone who can out execute and be more disciplined because they will never have more talent than Wayne, Centerville, Springfield(with Maurice there) and Northmont, but they can be more disciplined and execute better. Kettering has proved that in the GWOC over the last few years with Coach Miller. I'm saying I believe Burgbacher could have them winning 3-4 GWOC games by his 2nd or 3rd season and Beavercreek has not won a GWOC game since 2018. I could be wrong, but that is what I think. 🤷‍♂️ Also, Troy is a traditional power, but not all the coaches win there. Look at the 8 years before Burgbacher go there in 2015 and it was 4-6, 6-4, 5-5, 8-3, 8-3, 4-6, 3-7, 1-9 and his second year they won 10 games and made the 2nd round of the playoffs.

They’re very strong in Soccer, XC, Swimming.
They have had talent but I think there’s a lot of creek kids on private schools rosters and it’s just tough to compete with the GWOC programs that are already established.

It’s really hard to get buy in when 5-5 might be the best you can do over a 3-4 year stretch. You’re going to need to have a special coach and get a couple good classes of kids who won’t bail on the process.

Simply cannot compete in the GWOC, GMC, ECC if you don’t have kids who are all in for 3 to 4 years.

Marcus Colvin has resigned, any ideas on who takes his spot? Alumni?
That's a shame, Colvin is a terrific coach. I know the people at CJ would really love to have him back.

I'll tell you one thing...there seems to be a LOT of great young assistants in the area. Dayton has produced some great coaches. In Beavercreek's case, I know they want to try and get a HC with some experience but this is a program that needs some young blood. Don't go hiring an older coach just because he's been a head coach. You need to get a young guy who is going to excite the players and draw more athletes to football because Beavercreek is what I would call a "country club" sport school.

That's a shame, Colvin is a terrific coach. I know the people at CJ would really love to have him back.

I'll tell you one thing...there seems to be a LOT of great young assistants in the area. Dayton has produced some great coaches. In Beavercreek's case, I know they want to try and get a HC with some experience but this is a program that needs some young blood. Don't go hiring an older coach just because he's been a head coach. You need to get a young guy who is going to excite the players and draw more athletes to football because Beavercreek is what I would call a "country club" sport school.
I thought that Colvin would be the coach who could get the program back on the right track. I guess I was wrong.

I always thought of Beavercreek as the Oak Hills of Dayton - good resources and larger school that always underachieves.

As you can see from Fairmont the option will win you games, but not titles. It just depends on what the fans, AD, and coaches are happy with.
Is there any scheme Fairmont could run that would bring them a title? You could bring in a spread guru and they won't have the athletes to consistently complete. I think they're probably performing on par with the level of athlete they have in most cases and keeping games close enough that they can win some vs superior competition.

You are right though, it requires support from community and the school. The choice of scheme will always be the first "issue" when people turn on a coach who is running "old school" stuff.

Is there any scheme Fairmont could run that would bring them a title? You could bring in a spread guru and they won't have the athletes to consistently complete. I think they're probably performing on par with the level of athlete they have in most cases and keeping games close enough that they can win some vs superior competition.

You are right though, it requires support from community and the school. The choice of scheme will always be the first "issue" when people turn on a coach who is running "old school" stuff.
No doubt they do the best with what they have. The biggest thing Miller has done at Fairmont was getting the kids to buy in and gets them to work hard. That's the key anywhere to get some wins.

Any update on this job? I saw where Oakwood is open and that is where Butch Snider was the head coach. Does that mean he is getting this job? He is a teacher in the district already.

They’re very strong in Soccer, XC, Swimming.
They have had talent but I think there’s a lot of creek kids on private schools rosters and it’s just tough to compete with the GWOC programs that are already established.

It’s really hard to get buy in when 5-5 might be the best you can do over a 3-4 year stretch. You’re going to need to have a special coach and get a couple good classes of kids who won’t bail on the process.

Simply cannot compete in the GWOC, GMC, ECC if you don’t have kids who are all in for 3 to 4 years.
Lots of good kids in 9th and 8th grade the future is bright for who ever gets the job.