Bearcats baskteball

A big overtime win for the Bearcats last night. With that win, does that help their case to make the NCAA this year? lol

Great crowd at 5/3 last night. UC fans bring great energy, I'll give 'em that!

A big overtime win for the Bearcats last night. With that win, does that help their case to make the NCAA this year? lol

Great crowd at 5/3 last night. UC fans bring great energy, I'll give 'em that!

Glad the fans were rewarded with a win.

Seems like Day Day may have suffered a serious foot injury. Probably going to see a lot more of Jizzle for as long as our run continues.

Another season ends in the quarterfinals of the NIT. This team looked the part for large chunks of games but ultimately wasn't able to win enough "big" games to be a NCAA Tournament team.

It was great to see Jizzle emerge as a future superstar over these past few games though. If UC is able to keep the core of Jizzle, Simas, Skillings, and Aziz together for another season, we will likely see the breakthrough we've been awaiting for a long time.

Another season ends in the quarterfinals of the NIT. This team looked the part for large chunks of games but ultimately wasn't able to win enough "big" games to be a NCAA Tournament team.

It was great to see Jizzle emerge as a future superstar over these past few games though. If UC is able to keep the core of Jizzle, Simas, Skillings, and Aziz together for another season, we will likely see the breakthrough we've been awaiting for a long time.
Agree. Last night’s game was a microcosm of their season.

I’m still not convinced Wes is the guy to lead them. But, if all key talent returns, and they add a player or two, it’s next year or bust with him—for me.

Will Jizzle James return next year? He is likely going to be a target for some bigger programs that have a more solid track record of success and getting to/winning in the tournament than Wes Miller has.

I love Day Day, especially his defense, but gosh the offense was just so much smoother these last two games with Jizzle running it. Really hope he sticks around.

Will Jizzle James return next year? He is likely going to be a target for some bigger programs that have a more solid track record of success and getting to/winning in the tournament than Wes Miller has.

I expect Jizzle to return. If Wes/UC's recent tournament track record was that big of a factor, I don't think he would've committed in the first place.

It's pretty obvious that if this team's core stays together, they're going to be on the fast track towards a tournament bid in 2025.

I expect Jizzle to return. If Wes/UC's recent tournament track record was that big of a factor, I don't think he would've committed in the first place.

It's pretty obvious that if this team's core stays together, they're going to be on the fast track towards a tournament bid in 2025.

Jizzle, Skillings, and Simas will stick around if Cincy Reigns cuts big enough checks. Better get down to Nippert for the Kelsey Brothers podcast on April 11th. Tickets are only $100, and proceeds go to the NIL/Cincy Reigns....

Jizzle, Skillings, and Simas will stick around if Cincy Reigns cuts big enough checks. Better get down to Nippert for the Kelsey Brothers podcast on April 11th. Tickets are only $100, and proceeds go to the NIL/Cincy Reigns....
I wish. The Swifties sold that puppy out in less than a minute. Shout out to the Swifties for funding UC’s NIL

Viktor Lakhin posted a good-bye message on Instagram and is apparently leaving UC to pursue professional opportunities overseas (edit: he also entered the transfer portal today, so maybe he is considering a grad transfer year as well).

From what I've read, he is the first of several expected departures.

Last edited:
Viktor Lakhin posted a good-bye message on Instagram and is apparently leaving UC to pursue professional opportunities overseas.

From what I've read, he is the first of several expected departures.
James and Skillings back per reports, so that’s good.

Any other news on comings and goings, please report. This is definitely not the college hoops I grew up with, haha.

I just saw that James and Skillings Jr. are declaring for the NBA draft. I really hope it isn’t true. It was on Barstool Cincinnati.

Jamille Reynolds is in the portal now. That's 3 frontcourt players gone from last season's team (along with Vik and Oguama).

It'll be interesting to see how the staff addresses that area going forward.

Jamille Reynolds is in the portal now. That's 3 frontcourt players gone from last season's team (along with Vik and Oguama).

It'll be interesting to see how the staff addresses that area going forward.
I was hoping with Vik leaving Jamille would stay, but given his tweets about how he was used I knew it was a long shot.

Had a few friends who worked the event. Dedicated fans waited in the rain and packed the place. Some of the concessions ran out of food. Kelce brothers did good here for UC. Hope (and already heard) they return.

Had a few friends who worked the event. Dedicated fans waited in the rain and packed the place. Some of the concessions ran out of food. Kelce brothers did good here for UC. Hope (and already heard) they return.
I wasn't gonna go, I just bought a ticket cause the Kelce Bros were coming back to campus and the money was going to the NIL.....When they moved it inside the Shoe, I figured what the hell and went. It was quite possibly the coolest event I have ever attended. It was a combo of The Gong Show meets the WWE meets Animal House.The place was SRO, but intimate enough that even in the top row of the upper deck you could still see everything going on stage. President Pinto and the graduation thing was off the hook, the basketball guys being there was cool, and Mama Kelce brought the house down...When this podcast drops be sure to check it out. It was an absolute UC Love Fest. The Kelce Bros are true Bearcats.

I wasn't gonna go, I just bought a ticket cause the Kelce Bros were coming back to campus and the money was going to the NIL.....When they moved it inside the Shoe, I figured what the hell and went. It was quite possibly the coolest event I have ever attended. It was a combo of The Gong Show meets the WWE meets Animal House.The place was SRO, but intimate enough that even in the top row of the upper deck you could still see everything going on stage. President Pinto and the graduation thing was off the hook, the basketball guys being there was cool, and Mama Kelce brought the house down...When this podcast drops be sure to check it out. It was an absolute UC Love Fest. The Kelce Bros are true Bearcats.
Any idea how much money was raised for Cincy Reigns, UC'S NIL platform?

Was told this was great. I never got to walk myself after completing my undergraduate work due to military deployment. So glad this happened for them.

UC needs to pick up a solid big man to be taken seriously in the Big XII.

Bandaogo can still come back. I don't see an NBA biting on him. That would be the best case scenario for UC