Bearcats baskteball

Even after yesterday's near-disaster, the Bearcats are 2.5-point favorites over the injury-depleted Jayhawks for tonight's clash.

Aside from Day Day and Simas, the rest of the team shot 11/34 from the field and 2/16 from 3 against WVU. That will have to improve tonight.

Even after yesterday's near-disaster, the Bearcats are 2.5-point favorites over the injury-depleted Jayhawks for tonight's clash.

Aside from Day Day and Simas, the rest of the team shot 11/34 from the field and 2/16 from 3 against WVU. That will have to improve tonight.

I'd say if we're waiting for our guys to suddenly turn into good shooters, we're in for a long wait.....What we can do, is defend and rebound. We've got to turn every game into a rock fight from here on out. My concern with us scoring 90+ in the last two games against WVU is now our boys might think they're the Lakers from the 80's, and can just out score everybody. Limit turnovers, defend, and rebound like a pack of wild dogs. Everything else will be OK.

I'd say if we're waiting for our guys to suddenly turn into good shooters, we're in for a long wait.....What we can do, is defend and rebound. We've got to turn every game into a rock fight from here on out. My concern with us scoring 90+ in the last two games against WVU is now our boys might think they're the Lakers from the 80's, and can just out score everybody. Limit turnovers, defend, and rebound like a pack of wild dogs. Everything else will be OK.

I agree that the run-and-gun formula that worked in spurts against WVU should not be the formula for success going forward.

With that being said, the players who shot 2/16 from 3 last night (Skillings, Newman, Jizzle and Reed) should be expected to shoot over 30% from 3 collectively night in and night out.

They're getting plenty of open looks. As high major D1 guards/wings, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to make a few more than they did yesterday.

NET is now up to 34.......got Baylor tonight in what seems like our 20th consecutive must win game. Bearcats are playing just about as well as they have all season, so the opportunity is right there in front of them. As an aside, whoever told Josh Reed he was a three point shooter absolutely lied to him. He has attempted four three pointers from the corner, and air balled three of them. The one last night he missed a good foot and a half to the left of the basket. I've seen guys air ball short or long, but it is rare to see a guy air ball left or right of the basket. Stop shooting Josh, there's a reason the other team is leaving you wide open.

NET is now up to 34.......got Baylor tonight in what seems like our 20th consecutive must win game. Bearcats are playing just about as well as they have all season, so the opportunity is right there in front of them. As an aside, whoever told Josh Reed he was a three point shooter absolutely lied to him. He has attempted four three pointers from the corner, and air balled three of them. The one last night he missed a good foot and a half to the left of the basket. I've seen guys air ball short or long, but it is rare to see a guy air ball left or right of the basket. Stop shooting Josh, there's a reason the other team is leaving you wide open.

Reed was shooting a respectable 34.3% from 3 coming into the Big 12 tournament, but he's obviously looked out of sorts offensively over the past 2 games. I like his effort on defense and the boards, but his ineptitude with the ball in his hands makes it hard to justify keeping him on the roster next season.

Ohhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhh

👏👏👏👏

UC!

Keep it rolling against Baylor tonight!

Skillings Jr. looked great last night! I like it when he is aggressive like he was last night.

There were a couple of possessions last night late into the 2nd half that we were jacking up 3s early in the shot clock which had me scratching my head. Trying to not focus on the negative...lol

I like the lineups with Day Day and Jizzle are in at the same time! They are both really good at penetrating and creating shots for themselves or others!

Ohhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhh

👏👏👏👏

UC!

Keep it rolling against Baylor tonight!

Skillings Jr. looked great last night! I like it when he is aggressive like he was last night.

There were a couple of possessions last night late into the 2nd half that we were jacking up 3s early in the shot clock which had me scratching my head. Trying to not focus on the negative...lol

I like the lineups with Day Day and Jizzle are in at the same time! They are both really good at penetrating and creating shots for themselves or others!

Cats are gonna' need to play with more intelligence tonight. In a league full of great coaches, Scott Drew is probably the best. Cats were rolling down in Waco, til Drew thru that 1-3-1 at em', and completely took us out of our offense. Our roster is as good as there's, if we play smart, guard, and rebound we should take em' down to the final possession....... As usual.

The path to earn the automatic bid was probably too much for UC, given their conference tournament seed. But, does a win tonight put them back in the conversation of an at large bid?

The path to earn the automatic bid was probably too much for UC, given their conference tournament seed. But, does a win tonight put them back in the conversation of an at large bid?

A win definitely puts them in the conversation - at minimum.

With a win, they'd be very strong in some metrics (high NET ranking/KenPom ranking, strong record to end to the season, several very strong away/neutral site wins) and weaker in others (spotty Q1/Q2 record, 2 Q3 losses, 7-11 conference record, weak non-conf schedule).

It would come down to what criteria the committee values the most along with what happens with many of the other bubble teams today and tomorrow.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a win over Baylor, but if UC does pull it out, things will get really interesting.

A win tonight would put their NET in the mid 20's.......don't know how they could keep em' out.
No non-conference wins of note.
Atrocious non-conference schedule.
Sub-.500 league record.

I don’t care what the NET says, that’s a tough sell. Lunardi as of this morning still doesn’t have UC in his first 8 teams out. UC better plan on winning at least two more games just to merit a close look.

No non-conference wins of note.
Atrocious non-conference schedule.
Sub-.500 league record.

I don’t care what the NET says, that’s a tough sell. Lunardi as of this morning still doesn’t have UC in his first 8 teams out. UC better plan on winning at least two more games just to merit a close look.
We get it......you really don't like all things UC. That is OK, I personally don't like anything Notre Dame. I generally don't go around trolling their fan forums, but Notre Dame can not lose enough in any sport to suit me. We all have our schools we root for. Mine just happens to be the school I actually attended.

A win definitely puts them in. The last three years, every team in the top 38 of the NET has gotten in. They are at 34 now. Even with a loss tonight, they may still get a bid. Baylor is currently 14. A win puts them in the top 30. A loss may still keep them in the top 38.

We get it......you really don't like all things UC. That is OK, I personally don't like anything Notre Dame. I generally don't go around trolling their fan forums, but Notre Dame can not lose enough in any sport to suit me. We all have our schools we root for. Mine just happens to be the school I actually attended.
I root for UC basketball — not ardently, but I do hope they do well. I lapsed a lot as far as caring about them as much when they moved to the American and had a putrid schedule every year. This year I have been more attuned to UC basketball than the past decade probably.

I am not a fan of UC football. The same goes for FC Cincinnati. Why? Highly bandwagon fanbases that get loud and chirpy when the team becomes a fad when it’s doing well.

I am happy following the Bengals, Reds, White Sox and Notre Dame, while checking in on UC basketball from time to time. No bandwagoning the latest fad for me.

A win definitely puts them in. The last three years, every team in the top 38 of the NET has gotten in. They are at 34 now. Even with a loss tonight, they may still get a bid. Baylor is currently 14. A win puts them in the top 30. A loss may still keep them in the top 38.

UC's resume has enough holes that they seem like a pretty easy team to omit at #38 right now. They may fall a few more spots by Sunday.

UC's resume has enough holes that they seem like a pretty easy team to omit at #38 right now. They may fall a few more spots by Sunday.

Yeah, the losses at West Virginia and at home to Oklahoma State are killers....They only lose John Newman, and Ody from this group. Hopefully they can keep the rest together along with adding McKinley and Rayvon Griffith, and the roster should be pretty solid heading into next year. I do feel a little better about Wes Miller going forward.

Yeah, the losses at West Virginia and at home to Oklahoma State are killers....They only lose John Newman, and Ody from this group. Hopefully they can keep the rest together along with adding McKinley and Rayvon Griffith, and the roster should be pretty solid heading into next year. I do feel a little better about Wes Miller going forward.

I agree that the core of this roster has a great chance to take another step forward together next season.

There are zero open scholarships at the moment so it's going to take a few transfer ins and outs to fill some of the current roster holes.

I agree that the core of this roster has a great chance to take another step forward together next season.

There are zero open scholarships at the moment so it's going to take a few transfer ins and outs to fill some of the current roster holes.
You’d have to think one of the four bigs transfer. As much as they try to pigeon hole Vik into a stretch 4 position, all of Aziz, Jamille and Vik play their best at a true 5 and three 5s is just too many and that’s not to mention Sage on the bench. To your point earlier, seems like Reed needs to make a big jump offensively or move elsewhere.

You’d have to think one of the four bigs transfer. As much as they try to pigeon hole Vik into a stretch 4 position, all of Aziz, Jamille and Vik play their best at a true 5 and three 5s is just too many and that’s not to mention Sage on the bench. To your point earlier, seems like Reed needs to make a big jump offensively or move elsewhere.

Miller must see Reed as John Newman 2.0......I believe Sage will be strongly encouraged to find a new home.

Miller must see Reed as John Newman 2.0......I believe Sage will be strongly encouraged to find a new home.
Sage would be a good fit in the MAC. Vic should go too. Jamille has a track record of transferring often..... Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.