Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Not sure if anybody has underachieved more than Gahanna over the last decade+. Always tough and talented, the Lions seem to always find ways NOT to come up big when it matters most. It will be an interesting season... I am really curious as to how PC uses Troy Lane - LITERALLY the fastest high schooler in Ohio... Gahanna's guy may have "blazing" speed, but Lane has world-class speed.
Interested to see if Lane can translate that track speed to the football field, will be fun to watch.

Christian Scott a PN Sophomore football and basketball player has passed away a few days after a drowning incident . Condolences to the Pick North community and Pickerington community at large . Very sad . Was reminded of another tragedy over a decade ago now when Hilliard Davidson RB Rico Butler passed away by drowning . RIP Christian

Christian Scott a PN Sophomore football and basketball player has passed away a few days after a drowning incident . Condolences to the Pick North community and Pickerington community at large . Very sad . Was reminded of another tragedy over a decade ago now when Hilliard Davidson RB Rico Butler passed away by drowning . RIP Christian
Never easy to see our youth leave this earth before reaching their potential in whatever aspect they choose in life.

Hearing that PN looked pretty good in yesterday's scrimmage vs St Ed's. Anyone got any insight? Was told the pipeline looks strong as well. Hoping both Pick teams have a strong season

Hearing that PN looked pretty good in yesterday's scrimmage vs St Ed's. Anyone got any insight? Was told the pipeline looks strong as well. Hoping both Pick teams have a strong season
Go to the St Edward's thread if you want video.

North scored a TD near the end of the team scrimmage period. Technically beat Ed's 7-0. According to Ed's website they scored 9TD's on the day. 5 against Fitch. Which means the scored 4 on PN

North scored a TD near the end of the team scrimmage period. Technically beat Ed's 7-0. According to Ed's website they scored 9TD's on the day. 5 against Fitch. Which means the scored 4 on PN
Nope i was there, pn had three straight 3 and outs vs st eds…
Pn will have the best defense in the state.

What would you put the UA win total number at? I have Coffman at 5.5 . I think 6 wins may be the ceiling. Anything more I said would warrant COTY consideration for Stokes [ 8 Wins? he and the team will be the story in CO} . UA schedule has two lay-ups in Westy C and GPM. I think PN is their hardest opponent. [DeSales and Burg the other two non conference games} I think UA should be the favorite again in the conference but I do think Bradley could be competitive. .
DeSales is Toledo St.Francis DeSales, not the Columbus one. I would think UA will be favored in that one as well.

UA, Bradley, Coffman, Orange, Liberty, Davidson may all be the same thing this year. Lets see who gets better as the weeks go by.

DeSales is Toledo St.Francis DeSales, not the Columbus one. I would think UA will be favored in that one as well.

UA, Bradley, Coffman, Orange, Liberty, Davidson may all be the same thing this year. Lets see who gets better as the weeks go by.
I agree the league is down this year . There isn’t as much talent overall but I don’t think they are all the same . Bradley has the best QB and some weapons . Not a great team but has a great chance to win the league . A lot of rebuilding = a bit of mediocrity . Which equals a lot of close go either way games . UA has the best Soph class but Liberty and Davidson have solid ones as well . Coffnan has some talented Sophs but not as many as the aforementioned three . Bradley and Orange are closer to Coffman . Real lack of D-1 and 1-AA guys in the OCC Centtal this year .

I agree the league is down this year . There isn’t as much talent overall but I don’t think they are all the same . Bradley has the best QB and some weapons . Not a great team but has a great chance to win the league . A lot of rebuilding = a bit of mediocrity . Which equals a lot of close go either way games . UA has the best Soph class but Liberty and Davidson have solid ones as well . Coffnan has some talented Sophs but not as many as the aforementioned three . Bradley and Orange are closer to Coffman . Real lack of D-1 and 1-AA guys in the OCC Centtal this year .
Thanks for your thoughts. I admit i dont know much about the Central this year. I will be watching like everyone else. Yes, UA had good fresh and JV teams so there are reasons to be optimistic. Okay, not looking to highjack Pickerington thread.
Done

Ok let's talk. PN best two kids came from outside the district. One from my town and heading to Miami and the other from a Columbus City School.(Independence). Everyone in central Ohio knows what's going on at PN, heck at a college clinic this spring a college coach joked about what is going on at PN program to the audience. What do you have to say about that....
I’d say both schools are working the same plan.

what do you need to accomplish to become a "dynasty"?!?!?! I mean they have been regional champs i think a lot (insert 0 now) ... and obviously have won their own rivalry a lot ... again no. They have had some AMAZING talent come through, FOR SURE, but a dynasty, I think not. The potential has been there for years, but doesn't seem like they are able to come through and finish a season meeting expectations. Coaching staff seems legit, hopefully they turn the corner and work towards that dynasty
You have to win state titles to be a dynasty.

They look solid everywhere but their 3 star qb lmaooo dude what are you talking about??‍♂️
You watch that offense last year? 3 star was was protected by the run game. He’ll have to make plays.
Btw, what number is your kid on the team ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gc8
Pick North... very good program? Yes. Dynasty? No.
I think it’s was mostly sarcastic or if not that just a shake up a few PC supporters . Take a jab at them . PN is riding and some of the local good players may be a bit more comfortable transferring to the Panthers than Tigers. They certainly are putting together a nice club . We will see if they come together. They had done good talent that was homegrown of course .