Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Speaking of PN...what's up with their field? I'd say 75% of it's all jacked up. Was that expected and isn't It just one year old? Recall last year at this time they were just putting in a new surface and right now much of it's dirt and brown
Just getting some maintenance done. Back and better than ever for Week One.

North has a tough OOC schedule with Pine Richland, UA, central and reynoldsburg along with New Albany and Gahanna. We should find out pretty quick if they are for real
I have been saying it for years. PN needs to pick up their OOC schedule if they truly want respect in CO. Playing tougher teams benefits them in many ways. Look at big brother PC. Coach Sharrett says we'll play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Glad to see PN stepping up. It's about time.

I have been saying it for years. PN needs to pick up their OOC schedule if they truly want respect in CO. Playing tougher teams benefits them in many ways. Look at big brother PC. Coach Sharrett says we'll play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Glad to see PN stepping up. It's about time.
No need not to play a really tough schedule if you have a talented team since almost everyone makes the playoffs. PN will be a top three D-1 program in CO going forward . The third program will be fluid but I know Buttermore has sights on being really consistently top tier

No need not to play a really tough schedule if you have a talented team since almost everyone makes the playoffs. PN will be a top three D-1 program in CO going forward . The third program will be fluid but I know Buttermore has sights on being really consistently top tier
Your guys will be up there soon enough Harry. Coffman won’t stay average for long

Your guys will be up there soon enough Harry. Coffman won’t stay average for long
Last year was below average ( 4-8!) after two decades of above average to very good every year . Average is a step up this year (. Give up less than 5 touchdowns a game should be a given and an improvement

I’m hearing the incoming freshman Rocco has great potential.Will this be a QB starting job battle this summer?

Very well said. I agree 100%

Last year was below average ( 4-8!) after two decades of above average to very good every year . Average is a step up this year (. Give up less than 5 touchdowns a game should be a given and an improvement

Harry my Dublin sources say 2022 could be another lean year for the ROCKS. What's your pick for total wins?

PN just added its 3rd transfer athlete since last season. The previous 2 walked into starting positions. The newest addition is arguably the biggest add. Something special brewing on Refugee Rd...

I’m hearing the incoming freshman Rocco has great potential.Will this be a QB starting job battle this summer?
PN Junior will be the guy . He will be much improved and as many will take a nice jump from Soph to Jr. yr. Source says this is the best team over there since Jimmy Football was there .

Harry my Dublin sources say 2022 could be another lean year for the ROCKS. What's your pick for total wins?
Schedule a bit easier overall . Second year of a new staff usually shows improvement with expectations being clear and kids adjusting : a lot of hard work has been done . They don’t have a lot of top end talent or overall team speed they used to regularly have but they attack the weight room “. HARD”. Just talked to two kids recently. Stokes is maniacal about training and making kids push . OCC Central has very little top end talent . As little as I can remember the last 20 years (. The programs now in this last recent realignment and the few others that used to be included ). Competitive . Well coached dedicated programs overall but not much to see in terms of D-1 kids or even many 1-AA level kids . Top three teams have less experience and UA lost a ton . So Coffman
should be much more competitive this year . Only had one easy win all year and got blown out a handful of times so times will improve. 3-1 in close games last year was a positive . Win the close ones this year ? Stay healthy ? Develop a QB ? Defense has a lot back BUT that is from a unit that gave up 35 a game . So new territory
In terms of assessing Coffman since being in this position is decades in the past . 6-4 is doubling the reg season win total . It’s doable . Rocks feeders have had about 4-5 straight less than successful and talent deep classes in succession( last years 2022 class through the incoming Frosh ). Most in their conference have had more success and more coaching staff continuity so I’ll wait until I see the scrimmages

PN just added its 3rd transfer athlete since last season. The previous 2 walked into starting positions. The newest addition is arguably the biggest add. Something special brewing on Refugee Rd...
Heard a certain D1 offered tight end was considering PN but that rumor has quelled recently. Who knows, maybe not?

Heard a certain D1 offered tight end was considering PN but that rumor has quelled recently. Who knows, maybe not?
A nice player from Canal Winchester and a really good D-Lineman from Olentangy have transferred over. Not sure about the 3rd player but the two I mentioned will add value for sure.

With PC losing a ton of talent from last season where do they stand in regards to talent and season predictions. I believe the quarterback did a good job last season and also the Pitt commit.

With PC losing a ton of talent from last season where do they stand in regards to talent and season predictions. I believe the quarterback did a good job last season and also the Pitt commit.
PC's QB is better than he looked last season. Imagine Bernie Kosar running the qb keeper every third play... So, PC's dilemma is 'how do you maximize a passing qb when you fundamentally don't want to pass the ball'? Last year's team had way more talent than this one, but running a little league offense finally caught up to them vs. UA... I think the Jay of old will re-surface this fall and we will see a much more creative offensive scheme.

PC's QB is better than he looked last season. Imagine Bernie Kosar running the qb keeper every third play... So, PC's dilemma is 'how do you maximize a passing qb when you fundamentally don't want to pass the ball'? Last year's team had way more talent than this one, but running a little league offense finally caught up to them vs. UA... I think the Jay of old will re-surface this fall and we will see a much more creative offensive scheme.
Every year in July, we hear/read the same thing which is "PC lost a lot last year". Its true that PC loses a lot every year because when you have so many great players, they all graduate eventually. The PC QB is faster than most think, clocked at 4.7 - 4.8 (Laser). He's added ~30Lbs since last season so we should see big improvement over last year. The offense is what it is but I will say that it does not make a lot of sense to be slinging it around with a 1st year starting QB when you have a defense that only allows about 7 pts/game and an O-Line full of 300LB road graders. However, I would like to see them get the play in faster to allow for a pre-snap read. Simply switching a running play from one side to the other is the difference between a 5 yard loss and a 20 yard gain. Having a more balanced attack would also free up the running game. This will be a different team than last year so we will see how the offense evolves. If PC would put their 4-5 best athletes on the field at WR at the same time, find the best matchup and get them the ball quickly, they could score a ton of points.
As far as what the team has coming back, there is a ton of Talent/Speed/Athleticism amongst the ~40 seniors. I think the Defense could be faster this year than last year. The offense will come down to how well the O-Line comes together and the kicking game will be much improved over last year.
Lastly, Coach Sharrett knows what he is doing and will run whatever offense gives them the best chance to win. Over the past 20 years, PC has won 83% of their games and their worst season was 6-4. I am confident in saying they have played the toughest schedule of any team in Central Ohio and at the same time, have the highest winning %.

Every year in July, we hear/read the same thing which is "PC lost a lot last year". Its true that PC loses a lot every year because when you have so many great players, they all graduate eventually. The PC QB is faster than most think, clocked at 4.7 - 4.8 (Laser). He's added ~30Lbs since last season so we should see big improvement over last year. The offense is what it is but I will say that it does not make a lot of sense to be slinging it around with a 1st year starting QB when you have a defense that only allows about 7 pts/game and an O-Line full of 300LB road graders. However, I would like to see them get the play in faster to allow for a pre-snap read. Simply switching a running play from one side to the other is the difference between a 5 yard loss and a 20 yard gain. Having a more balanced attack would also free up the running game. This will be a different team than last year so we will see how the offense evolves. If PC would put their 4-5 best athletes on the field at WR at the same time, find the best matchup and get them the ball quickly, they could score a ton of points.
As far as what the team has coming back, there is a ton of Talent/Speed/Athleticism amongst the ~40 seniors. I think the Defense could be faster this year than last year. The offense will come down to how well the O-Line comes together and the kicking game will be much improved over last year.
Lastly, Coach Sharrett knows what he is doing and will run whatever offense gives them the best chance to win. Over the past 20 years, PC has won 83% of their games and their worst season was 6-4. I am confident in saying they have played the toughest schedule of any team in Central Ohio and at the same time, have the highest winning %.
I've got 33 years invested going to football Friday nights in Picktown. No one has to convince me that Jay is a GREAT coach. However, even great coaches make adjustments... Who would have ever believed Nick Saban's Crimson Tide QBs would be slinging the ball all over the field. There is no bigger PC fan than me... but I'm also a realist. PC Tigers can be way better on offense this coming year. No way they're better on defense.

Pick North appears loaded . Their top 10 guys are as good as anyone in CO . Tape doesn’t lie . Not saying they are better than Central or will supplant them as the best in Pick Town but they can hang with them .

Kids from certain communities will be more apt to transfer to PN than PC . It’s those two going forward with a couple wild cards challenging periodically . ( UA last year for instance ) Demo . Tradition . Talent . Size and speed advantages . Gahanna has some material to work with but not as good as these two . UA will rebuild and challenge in another year off two . Coffman talent is still thinner. Darby can be good . North had a nice group coming back as it was and add three more talented kids ? Liberty had a good Frosh team but isn’t the same this year.

When Sebert gets reps at WR and learns how to play that position with the QB they have ? Watch out. Will be together two years

Pick North appears loaded . Their top 10 guys are as good as anyone in CO . Tape doesn’t lie . Not saying they are better than Central or will supplant them as the best in Pick Town but they can hang with them .

Kids from certain communities will be more apt to transfer to PN than PC . It’s those two going forward with a couple wild cards challenging periodically . ( UA last year for instance ) Demo . Tradition . Talent . Size and speed advantages . Gahanna has some material to work with but not as good as these two . UA will rebuild and challenge in another year off two . Coffman talent is still thinner. Darby can be good . North had a nice group coming back as it was and add three more talented kids ? Liberty had a good Frosh team but isn’t the same this year.

When Sebert gets reps at WR and learns how to play that position with the QB they have ? Watch out. Will be together two years
I largely agree, Harry, but for now UA should still be ahead of PN in these water cooler rankings. JMO.

Fair. I was thinking more of measuring programs in recent history and where they stack up currently & in the next few years.
I get that. Buttermore is a really good coach . I think they have another run in them a couple years from now ( or a smaller run next year ) . PN i do think will build on the transfer thing and get a few more in the next couple years. It’s what they do . Who they are . Good school , very good football demos ( PC the best of course ) and kids from certain areas will prefer going there than PC .