Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Wow. That schedule is a less than arduous. I almost thought it wasn't real. PN will challenge them and Wayne will give them some issues, but Logan? Teays Valley? Harvest. [ Have talent but D-5?} Canal is a pretty good program and did well in a scrimmage with the Tigers, but they probably needed another TWO bigger tests to get them ready for the play-offs imo. . They will likely get a very good seed. So there's that.

Alot of those games are on the schedule because the OCC has expanded. Logan, Teays valley and Canal Winchester are now in their division so the only one team has a choice in is HP. HP is D5 and they beat Bloom and Ironton last year. They are a really good team but just not the usual caliber of out of conference game that is usually scheduled.

BTW…I like traditional powerhouse games also.

Last edited:
Alot of those games are on the schedule because the OCC has expanded. Logan, Teays valley and Canal Winchester are now in their division so the only one team has a choice in is HP. HP are D5 and they beat Bloom and Ironton last year. They are a really good team but just not the usual caliber of out of conference game that is usually scheduled.

BTW…I like traditional powerhouse games also.
Think a program like PC needs a couple more tough games . But I get some things schedule wise are out of the control of the programs some years

Historically PC has scheduled a tough creative non conference slate . So difficult that there were a few close calls just making it to the playoffs during the 8 team region format

Looks like Moeller played Ironton in 2021. Same type of game between conferences. Harvest Prep is often overlooked, they are a good team.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 25
No Dynasty, that's just clickbait for people to get on here and needlessly argue about PN. In other news, they just posted their 2024 schedule. Looks to be pretty challenging.

Attachments

• GHSE3TuXMAAL8uo.jpg
    GHSE3TuXMAAL8uo.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Jack Johnson still lives in Pickerington ( less than a mile away from Pick Central HS ). Rod Parsley is a Pickerington alum. Both had open dates week 1. Why not have them open the new stadium with WH and all the Tiger history. As far as the rest of the schedule Logan, TV and Canal are new to the league this year. PC has to play them. Non-league games are going to be a challenge with Wayne and PN. But don't read into week 1 too much. This was more for celebrating the opening of the new stadium.

Which team is more talented this year? North or Central? We know talent doesn’t always equate in a win but talent wise where are we?!?
I think they are pretty even this upcoming year. Central has the stud returning QB and a couple of transfer running backs, one from Watkins Memorial. North has a good amount of skill returning but losing a really good group of seniors especially at QB may be too much to overcome.

Which team is more talented this year? North or Central? We know talent doesn’t always equate in a win but talent wise where are we?!?
Looking at the schedules, I’ll say North must think they have something this year. Opening with Eds is something . Central is opening with a d5 school. Portal is still open for both schools so we will see who else enrolls.
Central should have the edge at QB, Williams is a stud if they use him right.
RB is a North kid, who transferred to Central, then Watkins, then back to central- good player. I’ll take North with Taylor at rb however.
WR- North. Bowman is a monster
OL- might be the first time in a long time that North has a slight advantage with a ton of guys returning.
Gotta coach em up now
DL- both lose studs, even?
LB- even but leaning towards Central
DB- both should be loaded- even

Pickerington's teacher union is upset with the school board with classroom overcrowing and staffing. Good thing they decided to spend several million on turf fields and football stadiums, instead of investing into the core purpose of schools, teaching.

Looking at the schedules, I’ll say North must think they have something this year. Opening with Eds is something . Central is opening with a d5 school. Portal is still open for both schools so we will see who else enrolls.
Central should have the edge at QB, Williams is a stud if they use him right.
RB is a North kid, who transferred to Central, then Watkins, then back to central- good player. I’ll take North with Taylor at rb however.
WR- North. Bowman is a monster
OL- might be the first time in a long time that North has a slight advantage with a ton of guys returning.
Gotta coach em up now
DL- both lose studs, even?
LB- even but leaning towards Central
DB- both should be loaded- even
Well that has to be one of the most one-sided bias opinions I have ever seen. Why don’t you just come out and say you’re a PN homer. Here is a true breakdown on both schools for the upcoming 2024 season. PN is opening with a monster in game week one……. won’t deny that. But Eds graduated a ton of kids and PN is notorious for scheduling a team that is rebuilding (just like Elder last year and Pine Richland the previous two years). The only reason PC is opening with Harvest Prep is because they are inaugurating the new stadium and Jack Johnson (long time coach at PC an started the Harvest Prep program) is being honored (from what I have been told).

QB – PC’s Williams should have a monster year with 2 years under his belt. PN has the transfer from Reynoldsburg (imagine that) coming in. He is a talented QB but Williams definitely gets the nod in this QB match up.

RB – PC has Kaejuan Alexander returning (900+ yards rushing), Justin McCoy (400+ yards) with Banks (Watkins transfer) adding depth. PN Taylor is a very good player and is definitely a home run hitter. Whoever, get your facts straight before you mention a transfer as the only PC running back you are comparing to.

OL – Tell me how PN has an advantage? The only one they really have is Annarino (X-PC player). Rex Lahr is gone and the rest of the line is average. PC will average 286 pounds and will be very athletic and powerful. The difference is PC will be able to run AND throw the ball at will. PN? Good luck trying to generate offense when your OL is not able to able to get a push up front consistently.

WR – PN’s Bowman is an outstanding player. He will be a problem all season for opposing defenses. PC’s Sherone White, Jr. has similar traits as does Bowman just not the hype. But look out he is a burner. Mike Jones and Justin McCoy are also very explosive players for PC that will give defenses fits when all 3 are on the field at the same time.

DL – PC’s definitely gets the nod here. Landram, McCallister and Myles Harrison (9 offers already) all return and will be a problem for every offense they go up against. PN loses McCollum. And, let’s face it………. if McCollum is not on the field last year PN loses to Elder, PC, WC and probably NA. PC definitely gets the nod here.

LB – PC gets the nod with experience and depth.

DB – Both loaded and I will agree with you they are both even

PN lost a ton! PC lost some size up front but has a ton of speed and experience returning. PC could very easily go 10-0 or go 7-3 depending on how quickly the young guns adapt. PN I see losing badly to Ed’s at home. I also see them losing badly to PC, Coffman, WC and Gahanna. So, I see PN easily losing at least 5 games. Know nothing about the team from PA week 2 but will give PN the edge since they are playing at home.

Well that has to be one of the most one-sided bias opinions I have ever seen. Why don’t you just come out and say you’re a PN homer. Here is a true breakdown on both schools for the upcoming 2024 season. PN is opening with a monster in game week one……. won’t deny that. But Eds graduated a ton of kids and PN is notorious for scheduling a team that is rebuilding (just like Elder last year and Pine Richland the previous two years). The only reason PC is opening with Harvest Prep is because they are inaugurating the new stadium and Jack Johnson (long time coach at PC an started the Harvest Prep program) is being honored (from what I have been told).

QB – PC’s Williams should have a monster year with 2 years under his belt. PN has the transfer from Reynoldsburg (imagine that) coming in. He is a talented QB but Williams definitely gets the nod in this QB match up.

RB – PC has Kaejuan Alexander returning (900+ yards rushing), Justin McCoy (400+ yards) with Banks (Watkins transfer) adding depth. PN Taylor is a very good player and is definitely a home run hitter. Whoever, get your facts straight before you mention a transfer as the only PC running back you are comparing to.

OL – Tell me how PN has an advantage? The only one they really have is Annarino (X-PC player). Rex Lahr is gone and the rest of the line is average. PC will average 286 pounds and will be very athletic and powerful. The difference is PC will be able to run AND throw the ball at will. PN? Good luck trying to generate offense when your OL is not able to able to get a push up front consistently.

WR – PN’s Bowman is an outstanding player. He will be a problem all season for opposing defenses. PC’s Sherone White, Jr. has similar traits as does Bowman just not the hype. But look out he is a burner. Mike Jones and Justin McCoy are also very explosive players for PC that will give defenses fits when all 3 are on the field at the same time.

DL – PC’s definitely gets the nod here. Landram, McCallister and Myles Harrison (9 offers already) all return and will be a problem for every offense they go up against. PN loses McCollum. And, let’s face it………. if McCollum is not on the field last year PN loses to Elder, PC, WC and probably NA. PC definitely gets the nod here.

PN lost a ton! PC lost some size up front but has a ton of speed and experience returning. PC could very easily go 10-0 or go 7-3 depending on how quickly the young guns adapt. PN I see losing badly to Ed’s at home. I also see them losing badly to PC, Coffman, WC and Gahanna. So, I see PN easily losing at least 5 games. Know nothing about the team from PA week 2 but will give PN the edge since they are playing at home.
You want to be the pot of the kettle here? Want to call my post bias- far from it. Then you proceed to give the most PC slanted take in history 😂
Take the purple visor off Coach.

I gave Centrals QB lot of props. Who I believe went lakeview if we’re playing this game. Kid is a stud if hes kept up right.

Central always has a big strong oline and this will be no different. Heart and soul of that group Terry is gone. Big and strong and will maul you if you stand right in front of them. But they struggle big time in protecting Williams. Maybe more footwork and less bench presses

I’m not a North or central guy, but I root for the Pickerington teams. I just call it like I see it

Won’t address your Ed’s take because that’s laughable coach. Anything less than 9-1 is a failure for PC

Last edited:

Pickerington's teacher union is upset with the school board with classroom overcrowing and staffing. Good thing they decided to spend several million on turf fields and football stadiums, instead of investing into the core purpose of schools, teaching.
While I can’t claim to know all of the political nuances of the school board, past and present, I will note…

1) Mark Hensen is probably going to be the most-known/most-reputed local office-holder in Pickerington/PLSD area in the next couple years, if he isn’t already. He has the rare trifecta of a) strong campaigning skills through door-knocking and direct mail literature [yes… 80’s/90’s tactics can still work in today’s polarized and hyper-digital world — at least in local elections], b) general charisma about why he runs and wants to hold office, c) has the rapport with the increasingly Democratic-aligned voter base within PLSD.

2) Censuring him on what appears to be a conduct issue based on improper communication may be correct technically, but… it’s also hard to see how this actually resolves the BOE with the teachers’ union and the community in the next 18 months.

3) It could be that the BOE composition will look different two years from now. The other three seats are on November ‘25 ballot. A well-funded or well-organized opposition effort then could be interesting. Seems highly unlikely all three will get ousted. Possible that two Hensen-friendly candidates can break the top three. Would there only need to be one?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they meet in the playoffs again this year. I think North loses three to four games this year, but they’re still going to be a very good team. I think Central loses one to two games but with a softer schedule then North, which will help them to be healthier in the playoffs.

Both teams have a legitimate shot at winning the region, and North will be a tested team come playoffs.

Both teams have a lot of D1 talent.

They will only be as good as their offensive line. I’m not sure who has the better offensive line. Central boys can lift, and they are big and strong but they have to protect their QB.

I think the regional winners will come from Pickerington, just not sure yet which side s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they meet in the playoffs again this year. I think North loses three to four games this year, but they’re still going to be a very good team. I think Central loses one to two games but with a softer schedule then North, which will help them to be healthier in the playoffs.

Both teams have a legitimate shot at winning the region, and North will be a tested team come playoffs.

They will only be as good as their offensive line. I’m not sure who has the better offensive line. Central boys can lift, and they are big and strong but they have to protect their QB.

I think the regional winners will come from Pickerington, just not sure yet which side s.
Agreed- one team to look out for in R3 is UA. They have a lot returning, strange thing is they seem to have Centrals number, North seems to have UAs number and until last year Central had North’s number.
I’m sure Gahanna will be strong too but both Pickeringtons should be out for revenge

I am a huge 'Pickerington' fan - North and Central. I had a kid at both (long ago), so I am completely unbiased. I jump on the bandwagon of whichever team has the best chance of advancing deeper into the playoffs. Last year, I saw each school play 6 times (i think). Enough to realize Central was not a serious contender, and that North was fatally flawed. While I am a homer, I am also a realist. To think that there's "a lot of D1 talent is probably wishful thinking... I see "good" returning athletes on Central's roster, but nobody dominant... maybe a few MAC, or Div 2/3 guys. The QB might be really good, but the entire play-calling scheme will have to change for him to be something more than what he was last season. He is not a runner or a "3rd and long" conversion guy. I don't think it's in PC's nature to be a pure west coast passing offense. I think they're a 7-3 type team. As for North... God only knows... So frustrating to be a fan of the Panthers. I thought they had legitimate state championship aspirations last year. Their flameout in the playoffs was shocking even considering their track record. I predict North will go 9-1 and then likely suffer a crushing defeat in the regional semis.

1100+ yds all state RB from Watkins. 😎 #YesImDad

Dad you are prob more connected than most. Can you give us a breakdown of Central?
OL will be the biggest question mark. Plenty of size but lack of experience. Harden, Simcox,Moorehead and Groves have played together for some time. Should be able to gel and protect Williams who has proven he can spin it. Skill players on O will have to make plays. Losing 3 Sr. RBs is tough. But replacing them 3 Varsity experienced RBs will ease the transition. Central will have the ability to get White,Alexander, McCoy, Banks, and Jones on the field together and could give opposing defenses headaches. Most of them can play D too, so depth will keep them fresh. Handful of D1 and D2 offers between them so the skill is there. DL should be strong. LBs will be solid. Transfer from NE Ohio should help. Harrison, Landrum, and Edwards will anchor that front. DBs are an excess of riches. All know a lot week 2. HP lost its DC to the College game. Wayne should be a good test. PC could come out 2-0 headed into the rivalry game with PN.

PN returns their main skill guys. But they've obtained a few new players that could be impactful. QB from Reynoldsburg has been seen throwing with the players but with last year's QB2 poised to become QB1 this year, the transfer in could be an issue. And a 3 🌟 WR from out of state is rumored to be arriving this summer. His arrival could mean a change in targets for PNs #1 weapon from last year. Could also mean less totes for RB1. From a production angle both of those guys can do more with less because of their amazing talent. The concern will be the locker room. How do they all adjust to different roles and potentially personnel. OL is untested. Lost alot of Sr. Leadership upfront. Annarino, Moore, and Irvin should be solid though DL and LB are the questions. Thompson is a menace but there's no real depth there. Also lost the DL and LB Coach. That makes 4 LB coaches in 5 years. Hard to get production like that. Plenty of talented DBs. They'll get baptized by fire week 1.