Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Wow, bet North got more penalty yards that first quarter than offensive yards. Gave them a chance to score
That was insane the refs called every possible penalty in the game of football. There’s no doubt North had more penalty yards than actual yards on offense. It became unwatchable but credit to Bradley.

Bradley's defense played like they had Connor Stallions on the sideline. They are stingy. Give credit to HBs QB for finding open receivers under pressure. He has a bright future.

I'd like to think all those penalties caused north to lose, but in reality they could not do anything offensively that whole game. That Bradley defense played lights out, and their QB did a pretty good scrambling around escaping the pressure.

Surprised Gahanna lost too, heard their offense was completely shut down as well, guess that North v Gahanna regional final wasn't meant to be :ROFLMAO:

I hear PN has a new QB & RB transferring in next year. PN gain Westerville Centrals loss.
So they'll be eligible to play 5 games and then be done??? Why would anyone good transfer if they could only play a handful of games. How did anyone benefit from the transfer of the Ohio State-bound RB to PN or the highly-rated TE who went to Pick Central? Complete waste for the schools and the players.

From what I heard Sam Williams Dixon was found out to not actually be living in the district, thats why he stopped playing. Used a district address of a non relative or something. That's why he only played five games.

I don't know the rules but I feel like you used to have to transfer like the year before. North got some Grove City players that year Grove City had no sports due to a levy failure though, that played all season 🤔

From what I heard Sam Williams Dixon was found out to not actually be living in the district, thats why he stopped playing. Used a district address of a non relative or something. That's why he only played five games.

I don't know the rules but I feel like you used to have to transfer like the year before. North got some Grove City players that year Grove City had no sports due to a levy failure though, that played all season 🤔
PLSD is closed-enrollment, so his legal guardian can’t have bills and proof of residence at some place that isn’t in the district. I don’t think it would’ve mattered if he came down a year earlier if using someone else’s residence was the deal all along.

The last PN kid I remember from GC was Jared Knight, the QB. That was a few years after the ‘No sports’, and I think he did move in.

Those two kids from WC are really, really good.

So they'll be eligible to play 5 games and then be done??? Why would anyone good transfer if they could only play a handful of games. How did anyone benefit from the transfer of the Ohio State-bound RB to PN or the highly-rated TE who went to Pick Central? Complete waste for the schools and the players.
I don't get all the transfer stuff. Why would you transfer knowing you had sit out and why would a coach want a transfer knowing they can't play when it matters?

Both Pickeringtons, Gahanna and probably some others found out the hard way.

I hear PN has a new QB & RB transferring in next year. PN gain Westerville Centrals loss.
It's not going to matter as long as North has the same OC ! How do you not score a single point with that receiver and running back talent package and a QB that has started 3 years and throws a decent enough ball when not under any pressure. Very few targets to #1 & #2 (D1 guys) ? OneTiger said it looked like Bradley had Connor Stallions on sideline which you may think that is very possible BUT they didn't need him as everyone new what play is coming with the predictable play calling as always. OC does not make half time adjustments and take advantage of what the other team did in the first half. I just don't understand how he can not design plays to get #1 the ball in space. He is kind of like a Mav Harrison and is going to win 50-50 balls 75 % of time and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and to a lesser degree #2 is the same. Not scoring a single point and having that many penalties tells you all you need to know about the coaching staff getting the team ready.

Reactions: gc8
my relative who works at Lakeview asked one of the coaches and they told her he wasnt playing because they found out he didn't live in the district. Could he have lied, who knows, but thats what one of the coaches said

It's not going to matter as long as North has the same OC ! How do you not score a single point with that receiver and running back talent package and a QB that has started 3 years and throws a decent enough ball when not under any pressure. Very few targets to #1 & #2 (D1 guys) ? OneTiger said it looked like Bradley had Connor Stallions on sideline which you may think that is very possible BUT they didn't need him as everyone new what play is coming with the predictable play calling as always. OC does not make half time adjustments and take advantage of what the other team did in the first half. I just don't understand how he can not design plays to get #1 the ball in space. He is kind of like a Mav Harrison and is going to win 50-50 balls 75 % of time and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and to a lesser degree #2 is the same. Not scoring a single point and having that many penalties tells you all you need to know about the coaching staff getting the team ready.
I have said it for the last 3 years. OC runs a PYAA offense and has not evolved at all. Not one play run similar to anything seen at the next level. Zero mis direction or reverses. The fact that #1 & #2 had 6 targets is cause for replacement. All year, zero use of the middle of the field with these talented skill players. Solely on both the OC and Line coaches for lack of adjustments and creativity. Lack of discipline falls on the HC

If last night's game surprised anyone, they simply were paying attention... Unlike PC, these Panthers never truly played to their full potential. At their best, they were talented enough to contend for a state title. On the other hand, they were quite fortunate to win vs. New Albany, Westerville Central, and Elder. Hate to see opportunities squandered. This was the year for PN to do something BIG. Instead...

Not sure if their scouting was bad, but that might have been the first time they’d seen a 3-3-5. Seemed like HB didn’t even need to blitz and got to the QB quick. Did the central transfer play on their line? I thought he was hurt with a knee injury, but then I heard his name on the broadcast.

If he did not live in the district, PN should forfeit the games he played in.

Heard mom lived in the apartments by the Reynoldsburg High School stadium.

Drove by Central's new stadium again today, was thinking, not sure where the locker room is at the school, my guess on the right side by the fieldhouse/tennis courts, looks like quite a walk for halftime :ROFLMAO:

Drove by Central's new stadium again today, was thinking, not sure where the locker room is at the school, my guess on the right side by the fieldhouse/tennis courts, looks like quite a walk for halftime :ROFLMAO:
New fieldhouse starts this month. Completed by fall sports season next year. North end of the stadium.

Who's better in boys basketball PN or PC ?
If you're talking about the upcoming season I'd say PC gets the nod. PC lost some talent, returns some talent, especially guard play. PN has a D1 offered junior and they will build around him. PC has won the state in 12' and 22'.

If you're talking about the upcoming season I'd say PC gets the nod. PC lost some talent, returns some talent, especially guard play. PN has a D1 offered junior and they will build around him. PC has won the state in 12' and 22'.
Both teams are very well coached and fun to watch. Very different approaches though. PN is sometimes frustrating because they run the same sets and look for "perfect" shots and pass up lots of good ones in the process. If they can find some outside shooting they'll be really good. PC is loaded w/ talent and MAYBE a "special" player in Spiva. The question is, can he do it without Royal?

New era for Pick North as new faces will take the field next season. The position I’m curious about is the QB their 3 year starter will be graduating. Rocco Williams would of been great to have next in line.

IMG_2300.jpeg