Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Whatever.
Language is ALWAYS co-opted by those with an agenda.

Watching the news, they’re painting it as a bridge problem when it’s the tanker’s fault.

On another level, I saw Babbles state the US government will pay 100% to rebuild the bridge. Why isn’t the boat’s company/insurance on the hook to pay for what they broke?

Oh wait… it’s the bridge’s fault it fell apart.
That's called an infrastructure and it's political. Saul Alinsky rules for radicals. Who can name the rule?

All nonsense aside, I'd like to see the minute by minute timeline established. Did they really stop all traffic before the collapse. That seems insanely fast reaction. Cars were crossing that bridge before impact, but at time of collapse only the 8 construction workers were on the bridge?

lol More stupidity from the resident sophist.

Since negligence is the most likely cause, explain how that's not "on purpose." People will be fired, fined, and maybe jailed, but it wasn't "on purpose?"
It seems like it was an attack. The 6 workers on the bridge who died were immigrants. You owe a huge thanks to the MAGA skipper.

I would call it him managing the program that is doing 3,700 bridge replacements and repairs. Maybe if we had Biden sooner, this bridge would have been put in the condition that might have been able to sustain the collision? It is safe to say that lives will be saved in the future. Thanks Joe and Pete.
Wut? It was a 100,000 ton inertia propelled cargo ship. Nothing could have been done about this lol

Not to mention Biden had the ear of the President for 8 years. If there was any logical or reasonable way to beef up this bridge to withstand a 100,000 ton cargo ship, it wouldn’t have been done in the 4 years that Biden hasn’t been in the White House since 2009.

Wut? It was a 100,000 ton inertia propelled cargo ship. Nothing could have been done about this lol

Not to mention Biden had the ear of the President for 8 years. If there was any logical or reasonable way to beef up this bridge to withstand a 100,000 ton cargo ship, it wouldn’t have been done in the 4 years that Biden hasn’t been in the White House since 2009.
Maybe. Maybe not as it is a total hypothetical. Neither one of us have any idea how new bridges are constructed. Maybe new construction would have prevented a total collapse across the entire bridge such as what occurred. That is not the point anyway. The point is that we are finally investing in improving our crap infrastructure which WILL prevent future death.

Maybe. Maybe not as it is a total hypothetical. Neither one of us have any idea how new bridges are constructed. Maybe new construction would have prevented a total collapse across the entire bridge such as what occurred. That is not the point anyway. The point is that we are finally investing in improving our crap infrastructure which WILL prevent future death.
What bizarre logic. Since a new bridge wouldn’t have been completed by now had it started under the Trump administration, all blame falls on Obama and Joe for not caring more about infrastructure prior to 2023?

Edit: not to mention Pete Buttigieg said he isn’t aware of any bridge that has been constructed that could withstand such a serious collision.

Last edited:

This is a thing of beauty. First, establish you have no idea what you're talking about, but don't let that stop you from speculating and then making proclamations.
Also, I seem to remember some sort of Recovery and Reinvestment Act thing that was focusing on our infrastructure back in 2009. Are you claiming that it didn't happen or that it was just pork and none of the 800+ BILLION went to our "crap infrastructure?"

All nonsense aside, I'd like to see the minute by minute timeline established. Did they really stop all traffic before the collapse. That seems insanely fast reaction. Cars were crossing that bridge before impact, but at time of collapse only the 8 construction workers were on the bridge?
If you look at the video just before the impact you can see two or three vehicles racing across the bridge just before the tanker hit. Maybe those were last few who got thru before the bridge closed and were very fortunate. I mean it is a 1.6 mile span it probably takes a few minutes to get across no matter when the warning and shutdown happened.

Last edited:
This is a thing of beauty. First, establish you have no idea what you're talking about, but don't let that stop you from speculating and then making proclamations. Also, I seem to remember some sort of Recovery and Reinvestment Act thing that was focusing on our infrastructure back in 2009. Are you claiming that it didn't happen or that it was just pork and none of the 800+ BILLION went to our "crap infrastructure?"
This is Yappi 101 in every thread, no? Lol.

This is a thing of beauty. First, establish you have no idea what you're talking about, but don't let that stop you from speculating and then making proclamations.
Also, I seem to remember some sort of Recovery and Reinvestment Act thing that was focusing on our infrastructure back in 2009. Are you claiming that it didn't happen or that it was just pork and none of the 800+ BILLION went to our "crap infrastructure?"
I simply said that neither of us know for sure but common sense would suggest that maybe new bridges are constructed in a way where the entire bridge would not collapse under the same scenario. I guess you find that take crazy, huh?

Infrastructure was a tiny portion of that 2009 bill. It was about 11%. It was a stimulus bill. More common sense would suggest that infrastructure improvement, given how bad ours is, should be a perpetual project like doling out aid to farmers is.

Again, you miss the entire point.

Since you desire to keep pushing…

Did the federal building in Oklahoma City collapse in 1995?

Did Crocus City Hall in Russia collapse last week?

They both had help in hitting the ground, right?
Matter of fact, the 1995 event is actually known as the Oklahoma City Bombing and not the federal building collapse. Why can’t this event In Baltimore be known as the Francis Scott Key Cargo Ship Crash, since that’s what it is?

1711548417456.jpeg

I am guessing that the night shift road crew patching the bridge - 6 men iirc - may have been on a break and in some of those 6 submerged vehicles seen on sonar. Divers down right now.

With the ship's crew looking for survivors immediately, if they were actively working at impact, one would think a body should have been found by now.

1:30am. It would be great if they were coming back to "drop their brass" later, and were today just getting fired because they were at the bar, but 6 vehicles submerged and 6 workers doesn't look good.

Matter of fact, the 1995 event is actually known as the Oklahoma City Bombing and not the federal building collapse. Why can’t this event In Baltimore be known as the Francis Scott Key Cargo Ship Crash, since that’s what it is?
I have worked with enough structural, mechanical and pavement engineers over my career to understand a collapse has an underlying cause. Call it what you want, the bottom line the bridge no longer stands.

Cardin: We Can ‘Streamline’ Replacing Baltimore Bridge, ‘Cut Through Some Red Tape’ Other Projects Face​

During an interview with ABC News on Tuesday, Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) stated that while clearing the debris from Baltimore’s collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge from the harbor and then replacing the collapsed bridge will take time, “we can streamline it” compared to other projects and “cut through some red tape” that exists for other projects.

Cardin said, “It’s going to take time, we don’t know how long. The rescue missions will be completed pretty quickly, we expect that. We then go in to assess what we can do to remove the debris. And it’s not stable, so we have to make sure no one gets hurt in removing the debris. That will take some time. We’re not going to get that done overnight. It’s going to take some time. It may need heavy equipment. Fortunately, we have some heavy equipment in the region. So, it’ll take a bit of time to be able to assess what we can do to clear the channel, which is our first priority. Then replacing a bridge is going to take some time. I know that we can streamline it, cut through some red tape. But it’s still going to take some time.”

If they can cut the red tape for this project, why not cut it for all projects ?

Cardin: We Can ‘Streamline’ Replacing Baltimore Bridge, ‘Cut Through Some Red Tape’ Other Projects Face​

During an interview with ABC News on Tuesday, Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) stated that while clearing the debris from Baltimore’s collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge from the harbor and then replacing the collapsed bridge will take time, “we can streamline it” compared to other projects and “cut through some red tape” that exists for other projects.

Cardin said, “It’s going to take time, we don’t know how long. The rescue missions will be completed pretty quickly, we expect that. We then go in to assess what we can do to remove the debris. And it’s not stable, so we have to make sure no one gets hurt in removing the debris. That will take some time. We’re not going to get that done overnight. It’s going to take some time. It may need heavy equipment. Fortunately, we have some heavy equipment in the region. So, it’ll take a bit of time to be able to assess what we can do to clear the channel, which is our first priority. Then replacing a bridge is going to take some time. I know that we can streamline it, cut through some red tape. But it’s still going to take some time.”

If they can cut the red tape for this project, why not cut it for all projects ?
I don't believe the debris removal will be lengthy. I'm going to guesstimate 4-6 weeks. "It may need heavy equipment..." Ya think?! That steel isn't going to float to the surface.

You are such a putz.
More a self-important twat, really.

In case you haven’t noticed, until the news catches up, people like to guess and posit different scenarios. Other people like to troll and needle, sometimes people like you are the target.

Just get over yourself already and pull your head out of your butt
Lol, you have become such a whacko with all of your conspiracies that you no longer understand reality.

For an expert on all things you sure do spend a large quantity of your day on Yappi.

Last edited:
Went to a Rays game a few years back and took that bridge—not for the faint of heart.
No, it is not.

Here is a pic of the old Tampa Bay Bridge that was hit by a freighter and the new Sky Way. Notice the cofferdam piers protecting the piers on the new bridge. Also notice the essential island build around the main piers to prevent another collision. The next Key bridge will have these and more than likely be a cable stay bridge which can span greater distances and is stronger than a traditional trestle bridge.

1711557308195.png

Last edited:
If you look at the video just before the impact you can see two or three vehicles racing across the bridge just before the tanker hit. Maybe those were last few who got thru before the bridge closed and were very fortunate. I mean it is a 1.6 mile span it probably takes a few minutes to get across no matter when the warning and shutdown happened.
Or the missing workers

No, it is not.

Here is a pic of the old Tampa Bay Bridge that was hit by a freighter and the new Sky Way. Notice the cofferdam piers protecting the piers on the new bridge. Also notice the essential island build around the main piers to prevent another collision. The next Key bridge will have these and more than likely be a cable stay bridge which can span greater distances and is stronger than a traditional trestle bridge.

View attachment 56464
The new bridge obviously won’t need 1.6 miles of those, but right at the main shipping channel, that’s different. You kind of state this.

No, it is not.

View attachment 56464
All bridges should be demolished. Imagine the environmental impact of all this construction and concrete in our waterways

Make the ferry industry great again

Did the Twin Towers collapse?