Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Just awful, prayers for all involved and the emergency workers and police, fire departments, water rescue folks. We have as much personnel dedicated to helping in these situations as you can have. Going to be lots of questions and opinions on this one.

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HUG YOUR LOVED ONES TODAY

8kjir2.jpg

Aside from the tragic loss of life, the incident will also put a small crimp in our nation's supply chain as Baltimore is not an insignificant cargo port.

Many lives lost from cars on bridge as well as possibly ship crew.

This could be an accident or could be something more nefarious. This is a strategically important bridge in multiple ways

Sri Lankan destination, they have some of Hans Gruber's terrorists there. Maybe the home port ?

Speaking of terrorists, albeit a more common type, Cummings' district's car-jackers gonna have easy pickin's.....

Sometimes the most aggressive detour settings on Waze can put one in sketchy places.

Sad the DOT under Buttigieg has deteriorated in a ideological social justice agency rather than one that can effectively deal with the nuts (pun intended) and bolts of our nation's transportation system
Exactly how has the DOT failed with this or any other emergency? Specifics would be great as opposed to outrageous generalities absent any substance.

Exactly how has the DOT failed with this or any other emergency? Specifics would be great as opposed to outrageous generalities absent any substance.
Well Buttigieg's big accomplishment is claiming roads are racist? Sometimes the absence of citeable accomplishments speak volumes for themselves.

Well Buttigieg's big accomplishment is claiming roads are racist? Sometimes the absence of citeable accomplishments speak volumes for themselves.
I would call it him managing the program that is doing 3,700 bridge replacements and repairs. Maybe if we had Biden sooner, this bridge would have been put in the condition that might have been able to sustain the collision? It is safe to say that lives will be saved in the future. Thanks Joe and Pete.

I would call it him managing the program that is doing 3,700 bridge replacements and repairs. Maybe if we had Biden sooner, this bridge would have been put in the condition that might have been able to sustain the collision? It is safe to say that lives will be saved in the future. Thanks Joe and Pete.
So to you, it's Trump's fault?

Everything you and your ilk is driven by Trump Derangement Syndrome, and I post that as a person who has a strong personal dislike for Trump.

PHP850@donlambcoxnet
·6 reposts·2h
@Gee As a retired merchant marine who has spent hundreds of hours manning a bridge watch traversing many ports and bridges just like this one, I can unequivocally say that the chances for a disaster such as this one to be a legitamate acident is close to nill. The only way this is legit is if they lost all main engines and hull thrusters, and ability to drop bow/stern anchors all at the same time. These ships are built for redundant emergency steerage back-ups. Another red flag is no crew were hurt. If that was the case then there was no crew on stand by anchors which is SOP for port traversing. But, I'm sure we have another noble lie to explain all these anamolies tee'd up for MSM.

Everything you and your ilk is driven by Trump Derangement Syndrome, and I post that as a person who has a strong personal dislike for Trump.
My response to your post had nothing to do with Trump but your ridiculous assertion about the DOT is full of derangement syndrome.

PHP850@donlambcoxnet
·6 reposts·2h
@Gee As a retired merchant marine who has spent hundreds of hours manning a bridge watch traversing many ports and bridges just like this one, I can unequivocally say that the chances for a disaster such as this one to be a legitamate acident is close to nill. The only way this is legit is if they lost all main engines and hull thrusters, and ability to drop bow/stern anchors all at the same time. These ships are built for redundant emergency steerage back-ups. Another red flag is no crew were hurt. If that was the case then there was no crew on stand by anchors which is SOP for port traversing. But, I'm sure we have another noble lie to explain all these anamolies tee'd up for MSM.
This, next to the Philly tanker fire/bridge collapse, and the recent tanker wreck/fire at a crucial ramp from 8 to 271 in Macedonia OH, are a bit unsettling, frankly.
Far more so than the actual state of repair of our bridges.

PHP850@donlambcoxnet
·6 reposts·2h
@Gee As a retired merchant marine who has spent hundreds of hours manning a bridge watch traversing many ports and bridges just like this one, I can unequivocally say that the chances for a disaster such as this one to be a legitamate acident is close to nill. The only way this is legit is if they lost all main engines and hull thrusters, and ability to drop bow/stern anchors all at the same time. These ships are built for redundant emergency steerage back-ups. Another red flag is no crew were hurt. If that was the case then there was no crew on stand by anchors which is SOP for p
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Sad the DOT under Buttigieg has deteriorated in a ideological social justice agency rather than one that can effectively deal with the nuts (pun intended) and bolts of our nation's transportation system
And we know the dot has deteriorated how?

Was the bridge on any list for replacement or structural improvements and or repairs? If not all you wrote above was just BS. How many of the 3,700 bridges you speak of will be able to with stand such a collision as just happened after all the work is done on them? All? Some? How about none? None would be my guess.

to buy votes

Bridge + kaput = INFRASTRUCTURE BILL (15% actual infrastructure spending, just a title like the "Senate Border Bill" )

Ignore the container ship.
Stimulus incoming

$1000 check to Americans to buy votes
$50 billion to American infrastructure
$500 billion to Ukraine
$500 billion to Hamas and Moussad each
$500 billion more to a yet to be publicized scam

Article I read said the ship weigh 233 million pounds. Any engineers here? Are bridges built to withstand a hit by a moving vehicle weigh that much? I'm not going down the "it was intentional route", It's to early to get out and start balming any and everyhting.