Around The AFCN 2022

Crusader - I don’t always see eye to eye with you but I hope you are 100% correct on the TJ Watt rumor. Love watching football and seeing defensive guy just dominate like he does.

Say Watt misses 6 games, can the Steelers get to 4-3? Tough ask but you never know in the NFL.

No way three teams finished above .500.

AFCN Homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This division is so close that I will be surprised if any AFCN team sweeps another. So start with all the teams at 3-3, and analyze the schedules from there. I have no doubt that 3 teams will go 9-8 or better, barring crazy injury issues. Would not be stunned if all 4 teams are either 9-8 or 10-7.

Latest report I’ve seen re.Watt:

That might still be the case, but coach Mike Tomlin no longer fears Watt’s injury suffered in the season-opening victory over the Cincinnati Bengals will end his season.

“We’re probably in a lot better place than we were after the game,” Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference.

Watt underwent an MRI on Monday, and the Steelers are seeking second and third medical opinions before determining how much time he might miss. ESPN and NFL Network have reported Watt will be out about six weeks, making a mid-October return possible.

Watt expressed encouragement about his return on his verified Twitter account when he posted a GIF from the movie “The Terminator” in which Arnold Schwarzenegger says the iconic line, “I’ll be back.”

Baltimore even with Lamar Jackson at QB will win this division by at least 2 games. Bengals oline once again is horrible, Burrow won't survive the season, Steelers have no offense, and the D is not as good as some claim it to be and the Browns are the Browns.

As a Stillers fan, I know we would stink this year. When the browns lose like they did.......cleveland being cleveland, I didnt even mind the steelers loss!

Bengals may turn it around, but warned of this all off season. They were only 10-7 last year, won 3 playoff games by the slimmest of margins which means they were so close to being nothing at all last year. They got hot, overcame an awful OL. That is tough to consistantly do.

They now have been beaten by 2 awful teams. It would be diff if they were beaten by two top teir teams....that is different.

Thank you browns, thank you for making the weekend enjoyable

I agree this is Baltimore’s division to lose despite the stunning 4th quarter collapse yesterday.

Look at who the division lost to yesterday:
Tua Tagovailoa
Mac Jones
Joe Flacco
Cooper Rush

That is an abhorrent day of football for the division.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I agree this is Baltimore’s division to lose despite the stunning 4th quarter collapse yesterday.

Look at who the division lost to yesterday:
Tua Tagovailoa
Mac Jones
Joe Flacco
Cooper Rush

That is an abhorrent day of football for the division.

I wouldnt put Tua in the trash heep with Jones, Flacco and Rush.
I think the jury is still out with him, and now he has talent around him.

The other three tho.........not good.

I wouldnt put Tua in the trash heep with Jones, Flacco and Rush.
I think the jury is still out with him, and now he has talent around him.

The other three tho.........not good.
I didn’t mean to imply Tua isn’t good. Just listing them all.

AWE Champion - Your comment “Look at who the division lost to yesterday:
Tua Tagovailoa
Mac Jones
Joe Flacco
Cooper Rush

That is an abhorrent day of football for the division.”

This is on if the few but by far best insightful comments you have ever provided

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …!!!!!!

week 4
Miami @ Bengals
Cleveland @ Atlanta
Buffalo @
Baltimore
JETS @ Pittsburgh
Miami @ Cincy looks like a good game, too bad it is Thursday. I hate how the Thursday games screw up the teams' preparation and recovery, with just 3.5 days between games.

Hopefully Buffalo gets a big bounce-back win. Punish those Ratbirds.

Browns need to beat Atlanta because the schedule gets real tough week 5-12.

Stillers get sloppy thirds on the Jets.

Prediction: After these games: Cleveland 3-1, everybody else 2-2.

Ratbids defense has given up nearly a thousand yds. of offense the last 2 weeks, might have made a mistake by getting rid of Wink and hiring Jimmy's DC.

Thursday night game.
Dolphins vs Bengals game.
Not live on the nfl network.
Is 🐃:poop:
If you’re in the Cincy area, pretty sure it’s on WCPO Ch 9. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, it’s free for you on Prime Video. If you’re not a Prime member, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial.

Or you can go to any bar with DirecTV and watch it there on DirecTV ch. 9526. There is a DirecTV Sports Bar Finder app you can download to search bars in your area that have DirecTV.

If you’re in the Cincy area, pretty sure it’s on WCPO Ch 9. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, it’s free for you on Prime Video. If you’re not a Prime member, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial.

Or you can go to any bar with DirecTV and watch it there on DirecTV ch. 9526. There is a DirecTV Sports Bar Finder app you can download to search bars in your area that have DirecTV.

I'm all orange and black.
I'm in Massillon.
I have direct TV.
I normally buy the nfl ticket.
I canceled the ticket.
With all the primetime games.
&:Cleveland schedule.
I'm seeing most of the games without the ticket.

Tonight game on NFL network is on replay.
Starting at 12:15 Friday morning.

I will have to come back with the week 5 picks.
week 4
Miami @ Bengals
Cleveland @ Atlanta
Buffalo @
Baltimore
JETS @ Pittsburgh
Screenshot_20221002-173249_Samsung Internet.jpg

Even though the top 3 teams in this division will be competitive vs whoever they play, I just don't see anyone in this division making a long playoff run. Baltimore's defense is bad, the two Ohio NFL teams have idiots for coaches (somehow the Bengals overcame ZT's stupidity last year) and the Browns also have a bad defense. The Steelers well do I even have to say anything about the Steelers other than they have a good shot at the no.1 overall pick.

Even though the top 3 teams in this division will be competitive vs whoever they play, I just don't see anyone in this division making a long playoff run. Baltimore's defense is bad, the two Ohio NFL teams have idiots for coaches (somehow the Bengals overcame ZT's stupidity last year) and the Browns also have a bad defense. The Steelers well do I even have to say anything about the Steelers other than they have a good shot at the no.1 overall pick.
Plus, barring any surprises, making a sustained playoff run probably requires winning at KC and Buffalo. Baltimore at least has a chance because Lamar Jackson causes problems for any defense. Unless Zac Taylor steps away from playcalling, the Bengals have no chance.

There are at least 10 teams worse then the Steelers when they are healthy.

There are at least 10 teams worse then the Steelers when they are healthy.
Teams definitely worse:

Commanders
Panthers
Texans
Bears

Teams in same ballpark as Steelers:

Browns
Seahawks
Cardinals
Falcons
Lions

I think every other team has a clear case for being better than the Steelers overall.

New Orleans, Atlanta. Jets have won a few but I saw them in person not impressed. These teams are also in the mix for 19-32. I’ll be surprised if the Steelers draft in the Top 10 but as a Steeler fan that might actually be good news..it a rarity.

Bengals vs Browns (formerly known as the toilet bowl and when played in Cleveland aptly named) comes down to two big match ups. Bengals oline vs Browns dline (Williams vs Garrett) and Browns running game vs a banged-up Bengals defense (esp. with Reader missing). Two dumb a**es for HC's may come down to which one makes the least dumb a**decisions. Bengals are 0 - 2 in the division can't afford to lose anymore divisional games. Very important for both teams to have the lead at half, for the Browns so they can run the football in the 2nd half, and for the Bengals, so the Browns have to throw the football. Bengals 24 - Browns 21.