Around The AFCN 2022

Steelers 3rd. Browns come in every year hyped beyond belief and still manage to screw it up. Bengals or Ravens for 1st place. Hopefully the Bengals O-Line can pass protect this year.

Burrow seems to be every where but the Bengals facility this weekend...........

As I've cautioned Bengals fans who think the next logical step is back to the SB......some players just do not know how to handle success...I see 9-8 at best for the Bengals

Yes the Bengals handling of success could be. Challenge for this years team. However this past weekend was the last off day(s) for all NFL players (excluding maybe Buf & LA Rams who play Thursday) until their teams respective bye week. Burrow has always shown/proven to be one who does whatever he can to win. Burrow went to dinner with visiting free agents during the off-season, an article in SI stated he often stays at hoke on the weekend playing chess with friends. Going to a OSU game on a Saturday night only 1.5 hours away from his home will not have any barring on the Bengals season.

Now, the selecting of the free agent o-line guys (former Dal OT whose been hurt most if camp) and starting a 4th rd rookie at LG…..that could be a problem.

1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Browns

Ravens the only sure thing for playoffs. Bengals win 9 or 10, Steelers win 9, Browns win 7 or 8.

Steelers have too many weaknesses to overcome at OL, DL, ILB, and CB to win the division but they probably finish better than people expect

Burrow seems to be every where but the Bengals facility this weekend...........

As I've cautioned Bengals fans who think the next logical step is back to the SB......some players just do not know how to handle success...I see 9-8 at best for the Bengals
Burrow stays healthy Bengals win the division. Bengals have a better overall team this season than last ( now a lot does depend on health). Ravens are talented but Burrow puts the Bengals on top. Steelers be lucky to win 7 games with their QB situation, and the browns are the browns.

Burrow stays healthy Bengals win the division. Bengals have a better overall team this season than last ( now a lot does depend on health). Ravens are talented but Burrow puts the Bengals on top. Steelers be lucky to win 7 games with their QB situation, and the browns are the browns.
The Ravens had so many key injuries last season it was a miracle they contended as long as they did. Getting back all those players and a really good draft put them back on top, IMO. The Bengals will be improved, but playing a first place schedule might hold down the win total a bit.

I think the Steelers may actually be in a better position without Ben and his obvious limitations. Trubisky may suck and Pickett is likely to have some growing pains, but maybe they'll expand the offense past 5 yard passes without Ben. Maybe if they do so it could open things up a little for Harris. He was hit way to often at or behind the LOS last year.

I think this is the tightest division and toughest to predict.

- Bengals: Played over their heads last year and had great health. Burrow, Mixon and the WRs are great, but the defense is not that good and will regress this year. Plus schedule is tougher and people will not be taking them lightly. I'd say 9-8.
- Ravens: Had terrible luck with injuries and will be healthier this year. Defense is solid, but the offense? Is Dobbins healthy? The WR group is suspect. No offense is more reliant on a single guy (Lamar). I'd say 10-7, but could easily be 7-10 if Lamar is less than his best.
- Steelers: Harris and the WR group looks nice, but QB and OL look suspect. I'm sure Tomlin will have the defense ready and he has never had a losing season. Could be this year, but probably not worse than 7-10 or 8-9.
- My Browns: Will need to ride the defense and running game, with RB, OL, TE the offensive strengths. Schedule is a beast weeks 5-12. Need to start at least 3-1 and then likely 5-6 when DeShaun gets back. But can Watson still play? who knows. I'll say 9-8 finish.

So the division will be tight all year and come down to injuries, as always...

how did the bengals defense regress? they have more depth than last year at all positions on defense other than LB. Everyone complained about the OL last year (rightfully so, most of the time), and went out and made improvements. I will say they were lucky as far as injuries, but they are better suited at most position groups to withstand injuries. if they go 9-8 it will be a major disappointment.

jtk
()

how did the bengals defense regress? they have more depth than last year at all positions on defense other than LB. Everyone complained about the OL last year (rightfully so, most of the time), and went out and made improvements. I will say they were lucky as far as injuries, but they are better suited at most position groups to withstand injuries. if they go 9-8 it will be a major disappointment.

jtk
()
I didn't say the Bengals DID regress, I said they will regress. Just my opinion of course, but I felt they played a bit over their heads last year on defense, and they have the 4th best defensive talent in the division. Playing the 1st place schedule, and having just a normal amount of injuries will catch up with them this year is my prediction.

Tonite is the night!
We've watched the JV teams the last couple of weeks with college games, now its time for the Varsity!!

Heard where Ozzy Osbourne is performing, well lip syncing, tonite I think at halftime (maybe pregame). NFL has been a hit on this opening night since they had the brilliant idea a number of years ago!

With that said..............

I think the only given this year is the Ravens....if their QB stays healthy. He is healthy, they win the division. Browns...will depend on where they are at game 12. Watson will go 5-1 to finish, maybe 6-0, so if they are around .500 with Briskett then they are a player.

Said it before.....we will see how much the bengals enjoyed their success. Did they work harder, or just sit, relax and enjoy? Stiller.....won 9 with an awful QB who couldnt throw or run, and a defense that performed below the standard in part because the offense was so bad.

I was ready to roll with Trub before the draft, and nothing has changed my mind since then. He was 29-21 for a bad bears franchise, who sucked before and after he was there. He was selected too early, and rushed but did well enough. I think we see him start the full season minus injuries.

Prediction

1. Steelers (yeah baby) - I know homer pick but a guy can dream
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns (3-8 before Watson returns) - everyone had them going to the SB last year and they are not better at QB for first 11 games so there's that.

Tonite is the night!
We've watched the JV teams the last couple of weeks with college games, now its time for the Varsity!!

Heard where Ozzy Osbourne is performing, well lip syncing, tonite I think at halftime (maybe pregame). NFL has been a hit on this opening night since they had the brilliant idea a number of years ago!

With that said..............

I think the only given this year is the Ravens....if their QB stays healthy. He is healthy, they win the division. Browns...will depend on where they are at game 12. Watson will go 5-1 to finish, maybe 6-0, so if they are around .500 with Briskett then they are a player.

Said it before.....we will see how much the bengals enjoyed their success. Did they work harder, or just sit, relax and enjoy? Stiller.....won 9 with an awful QB who couldnt throw or run, and a defense that performed below the standard in part because the offense was so bad.

I was ready to roll with Trub before the draft, and nothing has changed my mind since then. He was 29-21 for a bad bears franchise, who sucked before and after he was there. He was selected too early, and rushed but did well enough. I think we see him start the full season minus injuries.
Agree for the most part. If the Ravens stay healthy I like their chances. I guess I’m not as sold on Lamar as a solid QB as many seem to be however. Steelers 9-8. Bengals 10-7. Browns 8-9, 9-8. Ravens win 11.

Bengals: 11-6: Super Bowl team that improved a bit, but there are questions whether the DL can repeat last season. Of course, no reason to doubt Joe Burrow.

Steelers: 10-7: Will have better QB play and a better overall roster compared to last season, despite its flaws.

Ravens: 10-7: I'm in the camp that the league has figured Lamar out, and the team isn't going to give him a new contract before the season in order to see what happens. Harbaugh will Harbaugh a few games.

Browns: 7-10: Brissett is a fine backup but you can't expect much out of him as a starter over such a long stretch. The defense and run game will allow them to win more than they should.

Bengals 11-6: Super Bowl team that improved a bit, but there are questions whether the DL can repeat last season. Of course, no reason to doubt Joe Burrow.

Steelers: 10-7: Will have better QB play and a better overall roster compared to last season, despite its flaws.

Ravens: 10-7: I'm in the camp that the league has figured Lamar out, and the team isn't going to give him a new contract before the season in order to see what happens. Harbaugh will Harbaugh a few games.

Browns: 7-9: Brissett is a fine backup but you can't expect much out of him as a starter over such a long stretch. The defense and run game will allow them to win more than they should.
No way three teams finished above .500.

AFCN Homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way three teams finished above .500.

AFCN Homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s the first thing that stood out to me ..didn’t look right. I get that Cru is saying all 4 teams could be pretty good but someone has to lose in the divisional matchups. I am in the camp that has a feeling the Bengals will regress and might even end up 3rd or tied for 3rd at 9-8 or 8-9. (which differs from yesterday’s post 🤔)

Bengals give one to the Steelers, the Browns escape by the skin of their teeth at Carolina and the Ravens win against the hapless Jets.

Watt is big and he’s probably done for the season if it’s a pectoral. Harris has been nursing an ankle all preseason. If the offensive line can’t block any better it really doesn’t matter who is running the ball.
Bengals got a lot of brakes last year and we’re relatively healthy. Also 10-7 so not exactly world beaters. This division is wide open even with the Steeler limitations and no Watson in Cleveland for awhile.