Are you a true West Sider??

Can't forget about self storage.

I'm convinced all of these are ways of hiding and laundering money for the super elite in our nation.
Have seen the movie The Accountant? He had his office in a strip mall with three cash businesses where he could launder money for the mob

Have seen the movie The Accountant? He had his office in a strip mall with three cash businesses where he could launder money for the mob
I have.

Kind of why I think all of these same businesses popping up that are never busy are all for money laundering. While it really doesn't affect the West Side, you can throw hotels into this mix as well. They are building hotels all over and yet there's never any cars in the parking lots. There's probably been 10 built in Florence in since Covid and 1 very large one being built now. There is no way there is demand for people staying in Florence to justify all the hotels that keep popping up. And I drive past most a few times a week and the parking lots are mostly empty every day.

Why the sudden need for self storage? Or Car Washes? Or Dollar Stores? Or Oil Change places of all things. I've never seen one of those oil change spots where the guys aren't all just hanging out outside. I've never seen one busy. I've never seen a car wash busy except the sunny days after snow storms. I'd love to know how many empty units there are in the self storage places. My point is, there are so many businesses over the past 10 years that simply should not be open due to simple supply and demand, yet communities will have more than one and they will never actually be busy?

I have.

Kind of why I think all of these same businesses popping up that are never busy are all for money laundering. While it really doesn't affect the West Side, you can throw hotels into this mix as well. They are building hotels all over and yet there's never any cars in the parking lots. There's probably been 10 built in Florence in since Covid and 1 very large one being built now. There is no way there is demand for people staying in Florence to justify all the hotels that keep popping up. And I drive past most a few times a week and the parking lots are mostly empty every day.

Why the sudden need for self storage? Or Car Washes? Or Dollar Stores? Or Oil Change places of all things. I've never seen one of those oil change spots where the guys aren't all just hanging out outside. I've never seen one busy. I've never seen a car wash busy except the sunny days after snow storms. I'd love to know how many empty units there are in the self storage places. My point is, there are so many businesses over the past 10 years that simply should not be open due to simple supply and demand, yet communities will have more than one and they will never actually be busy?

Get your tinfoil hat out

I have.

Agree on all points except two; the Valvoline on Glenway in Bridgetown is the one oil change that is busy quite often, and I think you’d be surprised how full the self storage places are. I’ve rented a couple for short term and there weren’t many available when I did.

A new subdivision called Aston Bluffs is proposed to be built off Bridgetown Road. Plans call for 50 single family home sites. The new street will also connect to Durango Ridge Drive. The plans are up for approval at the next meeting of the Hamilton County Rural Zoning Commission.

Attachments

• AstonBluffs2.png
    AstonBluffs2.png
    560.4 KB · Views: 47
  • AstonBluffs1.png
    AstonBluffs1.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Low level criminals can't afford to open up these businesses. The elite hide and clean their money in plain site. Art being a great way to shield money.
I guess it depends on your definition of elite. This seems like something like Paulie or Christopher would have their hands in rather than Tony Soprano.

This brings back great childhood memories for me.. When we were younger, we would play roller hockey all the time. Most of us lived in either Mack or Dent, so naturally we played Mack vs Dent. Had makeshift jerseys and all. The good old days!

Google maps also shows "Delhi Hills". It all seems to be part of Delhi Township. I wish the map above showed roads, I do know the straight boundary line between Delhi and Green Township is Cleves-Warsaw.
Wikipedia states "Much of what was once part of Delhi Township, including its entire shoreline along the Ohio River, is now part of the city of Cincinnati, the county seat of Hamilton County. Unincorporated communities in the township include Delhi Hills, Delshire, and Mount Saint Joseph. The Cincinnati communities of Price Hill, Sayler Park, Sedamsville and Riverside were part of Delhi Township until they were annexed by Cincinnati at the turn of the 20th century."
From some of the maps I am seeing it looks like Greenwell may be the split between Delhi and Delhi Hills.

I saw activity going on at 5100 Glenway Crossing (heating/cooling/electrical work). The local realtor that has Glenway Crossing space for rent shows this as Nova Trampoline Park Coming Soon. I also some Import data that shows some soft playground equipment coming from China to this address. Looking at some pictures of an existing Nova it looks like it will be a fun and healthy addition to the West side. Anyone recall what used to be in this space over the years? John.....

nova1.jpg
nova2.jpg
nova3.jpg

Anyone recall what used to be in this space over the years?
That spot was originally Service Merchandise when Glenway Crossing was built. The right side of the space would later become a Michael's and then something called Bargain Hunt according to what's available via Google Streetview history.

I saw activity going on at 5100 Glenway Crossing (heating/cooling/electrical work). The local realtor that has Glenway Crossing space for rent shows this as Nova Trampoline Park Coming Soon. I also some Import data that shows some soft playground equipment coming from China to this address. Looking at some pictures of an existing Nova it looks like it will be a fun and healthy addition to the West side. Anyone recall what used to be in this space over the years? John.....

View attachment 57773View attachment 57774View attachment 57775
Looks similar to "Defy" which has a location in Florence. If it's as nice as that, the place will be jam packed every hour it is open. Which will be great for the area.

Looks similar to "Defy" which has a location in Florence. If it's as nice as that, the place will be jam packed every hour it is open. Which will be great for the area.
Half of the birthday parties my kids have attended for their school friends are at various trampoline parks around the city. If this place is managed halfway decently, it'll be a money printing machine.

That spot was originally Service Merchandise when Glenway Crossing was built. The right side of the space would later become a Michael's and then something called Bargain Hunt according to what's available via Google Streetview history.
Yeah I don't think that space has had a regular tenant since at least ~2005. I'm always surprised that the landlord of Glenway Crossing has been able to keep up with the maintenance when most of it has been vacant for like 15 years.

I
Yeah I don't think that space has had a regular tenant since at least ~2005. I'm always surprised that the landlord of Glenway Crossing has been able to keep up with the maintenance when most of it has been vacant for like 15 years.
don’t understand the business plan of that place.