Are you a true West Sider??

There was a barber shop in that strip mall too that I think Mr Lanzillotta may have owned (in addition to Delfair barbershop), not 100% sure of the ownership of the barbershop.
I know Terry Grote pretty well, who worked for Mr. Lanzillotta at the time. I can remember him saying that Mr. Lanzillotta opened the second shop, Del-way Barber Shop, because he had promised a couple of his barbers, who were drafted and serving in Vietnam, that he would have a job waiting for them when they returned. It's hard to imagine a small business owner doing that today.

That wasn't a UDF. That was Duebber's Dairy. Part of the building was still there until Max moved his plumbing business there. I can remember their bull getting lose one Monday and I was unable to get to my school buss because it was running up and down the my street. At one time they had a store on Delhi Avenue in Sedamsville. I believe that this is the family of Al Duebber.
I misread 1965 Panther’s post, I thought he was asking about the original UDF at Delhi & Greenwell. I don’t remember a dairy, UDF or Duebber’s at Mt. Alverno & Delhi. I think I remember my Mom and uncles talking about Duebber’s Dairy from their childhood.

Buzz Stalhman family owned it. They had a farm at the end of Paul road where the park is now. He milked his owned cows for the mlk he sold
in the store. Had to be sometime in the sixties when he closed it,

1702319836459.png

Duebber's home on Delhi Road in Sedamsville

1702320138949.png

This picture and text talks about the dairies and identifies the one at Paul Road, Mt. Alverno and Delhi Pike as their farm. Apparently it was in operation until 1956. The last building was torn down when the Paul Road Condos were built above it in the 1980's but a wall was still present when the Hoffmeyers bought the property at the bottom of the hill to move their plumbing business there.

Last edited:
That's the

Indiana egg guy have really bad teeth and drive a station wagon?
In Price Hill we did not have the Indiana egg guy, but we had the Produce Man. He drove a old box truck loaded with produce, eggs, etc. This was in the 60's and 70's. Well before Amazon this guy was delivering to your front door. He came by every week, same day about the same time. My mom was a regular customer so he would come to the door. Nice guy. Pencil behind his ear and a order form. He told my mom what produce was at its peak and at a good price. He stood by all his recommendations. And on holiday he would carry special items. During the fall he would sell candy apples, cider in a 1 gallon glass jug and you get a huge pumpkin for 50 cents. He would let us on the back of his truck and gives the kids some grapes or bing cherries. Different time.

In Price Hill we did not have the Indiana egg guy, but we had the Produce Man. He drove a old box truck loaded with produce, eggs, etc. This was in the 60's and 70's. Well before Amazon this guy was delivering to your front door. He came by every week, same day about the same time. My mom was a regular customer so he would come to the door. Nice guy. Pencil behind his ear and a order form. He told my mom what produce was at its peak and at a good price. He stood by all his recommendations. And on holiday he would carry special items. During the fall he would sell candy apples, cider in a 1 gallon glass jug and you get a huge pumpkin for 50 cents. He would let us on the back of his truck and gives the kids some grapes or bing cherries. Different time.

Delhi we had the egg man and milk delivered to the side porch.

Things are looking better on Glenway. Landmark productions (Covedale and Incline Theaters) spruced up their storage and workshop at Glenway and Seton Avenues with a cool mural, the tax building across from Elder and a daycare center have new and attractive facades, the taproom and restaurant project at 4024 Glenway is making great gains and there are efforts to clean up the area behind the medical arts building next to Ernie Sabato's. I believe there is a lease pending to have a circus take over one or more of those vacant lots.

Finally some of the improvements that have been centered in the incline area are moving west.

Last edited:
Things are looking better on Glenway. Landmark productions (Covedale and Incline Theaters) spruced up their storage and workshop at Glenway and Seton Avenues with a cool mural, the tax building across from Elder and a daycare center have new and attractive facades, the taproom and restaurant project at 4024 Glenway is making great gains and there are efforts to clean up the area behind the medical arts building next to Ernie Sabato's. I believe there is a lease pending to have a circus take over one or more of those vacant lots.

Finally some of the improvements that have been centered in the incline area are moving west.
❓❓❓❓ A circus? Did he say a circus is taking up residence in Price Hill? 🤣

❓❓❓❓ A circus? Did he say a circus is taking up residence in Price Hill? 🤣
Sorry. Of-line this weekend. Yes, circus. Have you thought about running away with one? This won't get you there, as it is not a travelling circus. This group, I think, is the one that was set up in Burnet Woods in Clifton. No "big top" they work on acrobatics, clowning and anything else that does not involve animals. They have proposed settling down to a permanent home near Ernie's dental office.

Last edited:
Doing some last minute Christmas shopping and went into D’s Sporting Goods on Glenway and there were signs posted saying the store was closing effective December 30th.

Last edited:
Get use to it. Brick and mortar cannot stay open due to the increase "smash and grab" theft that law enforcement cannot do anything about. Remember the crusade to stop being mean to criminals? This is what you get.
Not the case here. Their lease is up at the end of the year, the building needs repairs and the landlord wants a huge increase in rent. The same thing is playing out all over the country with big box store buildings who hit their expiration date.

Not the case here. Their lease is up at the end of the year, the building needs repairs and the landlord wants a huge increase in rent. The same thing is playing out all over the country with big box store buildings who hit their expiration date.
Internet shopping is killing brick and mortar shopping. Personally I prefer brick and mortar to shopping on the internet but the end is near. Brick and mortar cannot maintain the inventory levels to compete with the internet. It’s frustrating trying to find what you want, in the sizes you need in B&M stores. On the internet you’re a few clicks away from finding and having it shipped (if you’re a Prime member the next day!). I don’t see a clear path forward for B&M to compete with the internet. In five years I’m afraid we are going to be looking at a lot of empty retail space everywhere.

Internet shopping is killing brick and mortar shopping. Personally I prefer brick and mortar to shopping on the internet but the end is near. Brick and mortar cannot maintain the inventory levels to compete with the internet. It’s frustrating trying to find what you want, in the sizes you need in B&M stores. On the internet you’re a few clicks away from finding and having it shipped (if you’re a Prime member the next day!). I don’t see a clear path forward for B&M to compete with the internet. In five years I’m afraid we are going to be looking at a lot of empty retail space everywhere.

I'm with you 100% on this. I particularly try to favor mom and pop brick and mortar but harder and harder to find.

Not sure what you are looking for but have you tried PlayItAgainSports in Colerain?
I just meant in general. There are a lot of athletes that will have to travel to get gear.

I'm in NKY, we have a couple Dick's and a Play It Again..... Play It Again has an extremely limited selection and is quite overpriced in my opinion.