Annual College All Star Meet

Vetdad

Quoted from Flowrestling and congratulations to Cincinnati's Germane Lindsey:

Wrestling matchups for the 45th Annual NWCA All-Star Classic presented by the Marines are revealed.

Fresno, Calif. – November 11, 2010 – California USA Wrestling and the National Wrestling Coaches Association(NWCA) are teaming up to host the 45th Annual NWCA All-Star Classic presented by The Marines on November 21, 2010 in Fresno, California at the Selland Arena. The highest-ranked collegiate wrestlers from across the nation will compete in the time-honored event. The event features compelling matchups at each weight class as individual competition versus a team style tournament; the result is an atmosphere of gripping anticipation among an unbiased crowd.

The athletes participating in this year’s NWCA All-Star Classic are as follows:
125 lbs: #3 Zach Sanders, Jr. (Minnesota) vs. #5 Anthony Robles, Sr. (Arizona State)

133 lbs: #1 Jordan Oliver, So. (Oklahoma St.) vs. #2 Andrew Hochstrasser, Sr. (Boise St.)

141 lbs: #3 Zack Bailey, Sr. (Oklahoma) vs. #5 Germane Lindsey, Sr. (Ohio)

149 lbs: #4 Torsten Gillespie, Jr. (Edinboro) vs. #5 Kevin LeValley, Sr. (Bucknell)

157 lbs: #1 Adam Hall, Sr. (Boise State) vs. #4 Bubba Jenkins, Sr. (Arizona State)-- Would have been interesting in seeing Taylor and Jenkins going at it after Jenkins (maybe having to leave PSU for AS. Has a Freshman ever been invited?)

165 lbs: #5 Josh Asper, So. (Maryland) vs. #11 Shane Onufer, Jr. (Wyoming)

174 lbs: #3 Jordan Blanton, Sr. (Illinois) vs. #6 Nick Amuchastegui, Jr. (Stanford)

184 lbs: #2 Joe LeBlanc, Jr. (Wyoming) vs. #5 A.J. Kissel, Jr. (Purdue)

197 lbs: #3 Sonny Yohn, Jr. (Minnesota) vs. #4 Clayton Foster, Sr. (Oklahoma St.)

285 lbs: #2 Jarod Trice, Jr. (Central Michigan) vs. #8 Ryan Flores, Jr. (American)

Predictions!!!... :]

125: Sanders (minnesota)
133: Oliver (Ok. State)
141: Lindsey (Ohio U)
149: Gillespie (Edinboro)
157: Hall (Boise State)
165: Asper (Maryland)
174: Blanton (illinois)
184: LeBlanc (Wyoming)
197: Foster (Ok. State)
285: Trice (Central Mich)

No way Lindsey wins. He just lost to Zach Neibert, I would of rather seen Kellen Russellll or maybe even Cody Cleveland.

No way Lindsey wins. He just lost to Zach Neibert, I would of rather seen Kellen Russellll or maybe even Cody Cleveland.

I wouldn't speak so quick on predictions in regards to Germaine Lindsey in this match. The guy wrestles well in big matches and has always wrestled well in the post-season when it really counts if you know anything about his wrestling career. Don't forget he upset the Big Ten Champ from the University of Minnesota at last year's NCAA tourney. I am sure Germaine will do fine.

Well what Boro Fan makes it sound like is Germane lost to a nobody. BF as close as you follow wrestling, you should know ZN's credentials are very good.
2 things, Yes Germane will step up to the plate and Zach is the real deal. Losing to Neibert is not a disgrace and before his career is over I believe he will AA.
Beside, why don't you just congratulate the man instead of knocking him.

Why try and steal these kids thunder? Nobody cares who is commentating. You guys will do anything for some free publicity.

simmer down bandit....no storm chasing here! I was merely joking about Coach Carr's training as a comentator. How about I pm you before I post something so you can get a heads up on everything I post. Good job to all these guys making the classic this season especially to Germane. I am sure he will represent Ohio well.

Neibert is good, he hasn't wrestled that much in college and for him to beat Lindsey is huge for Neibert. Lindsey is ranked to high IMO. Neibert will definitely AA atleast, probably a few times. VA Tech is on the rise, loading up with Ohio talent and adding Lance to their coaching staff.

Boro Fan - Germaine is a returning AA beating multiple AAs along the way, losing in OT to the national runner up, and in fact just beat a former AA (Drouin, IA State, 6th in 09 at 141) at the VT Open after losing to Neibert.

A kid who placed 6th the year before, has half a dozen wins over AAs, and is ranked 9th is not ranked too high. Not by anyone's standards. Well, except yours, I suppose.

Isn't this an Ohio wrestling forum? We should be celebrating a guy like Lindsay who was overlooked by many big schools coming out of high school, has worked his butt off, made it to the national tournament twice, been an All American and led the charge for OU to be back in the middle of the national wrestling scene! Congrats Germaine and good luck as you represent our state and the Bobcats!

Boro Fan I just think your out of touch on these comments. First, again, losing to Neibert is not a huge surprise. Zach Red shirted last year and if you look at his results a tournaments he wrestled in you would understand how tough he really is. Anyone that looks past him will make a bad mistake. Yes, I respect him a lot. I wish he were still at NIU but he isn't. I think he could have only helped the program but he's not. I hope he's happy where he's at and wish him the best.
As far as Germane, that kid is a class act and works his tale off. You can tell he loves the sport and when he steps on the mat he is game for 7 full minutes.

Last edited:
Neibert is good, he hasn't wrestled that much in college and for him to beat Lindsey is huge for Neibert. Lindsey is ranked to high IMO. Neibert will definitely AA atleast, probably a few times. VA Tech is on the rise, loading up with Ohio talent and adding Lance to their coaching staff.
To Wrestling Bindit and Boro fan; You have every right to voice your opinion on an open web page my son and i don't care we LOVE HATERS. Like I said in another post Neibert did what he needed to do to win the match. when they start giving out AA awards in NOV. for the 1st tournament of the year then we will worry about a Nov. lost. I bet you two didn't know Germane beat the kid that beat Neibert in the finals and we could go back in forth on this guy beat that guy and I won't get into that. If we think like you two then my son wouldn't have won a state title or earn AA status. We believe in GOD and hard work with that said anything is possible. Did you know in this great state of OHIO as you called it a hot bed of talent, out of all the D-1 College wrestlers that went to an OHIO HS it was ONLY 4 that AA last year, Dan Mitcheff, Lance Palmer, Dustin Kilgore and your beloved Germane Lindsey,jr. also did you know out of all the great D-1 college wrestlers from Cincinnati ever, there have ONLY been 2 AA, Blake Kaplan and your beloved Germane Lindsey,jr. so before your start haten on my son know some facts. WE DON'T RUN FROM THE COMPETITION, WE RUN TO THE COMPETITION, WE'RE BIG NAME KILLERS. My son is humble and know this is an honor to have been selected to wrestle in this great event. One thing for sure he going to give his all.:clap: :clap: :clap:

[also did you know out of all the great D-1 college wrestlers from Cincinnati ever, there have ONLY been 2 AA, Blake Kaplan and your beloved Germane Lindsey,jr. so before your start haten on my son know some facts."

Beast, I got your back on here on this one, but I gotta give props to former Lebanon Wrestling standout Sean Enright...state champ in High School and NCAA division I runner-up in 1998 from your son's school (Ohio Univeristy)...i consider him a "cincinnati" guy since his high school coach Greg Abrams is in the SWOWCA hall of fame. Germane got to where he is at because of his hard work and never say die attitude. He will do it again this year!!!

Ohio Beast- If November doessn't count then why is Germane wrestling in such a big meet in November? So if or when he loses in the All-Star Meet, what will the excuse be this time?? Can't use the November one again, If Novemember means nothing then Germane shouldn't have signed up for such a big match in such a meaningless month.

Ohio Beast- If November doessn't count then why is Germane wrestling in such a big meet in November? So if or when he loses in the All-Star Meet, what will the excuse be this time?? Can't use the November one again, If Novemember means nothing then Germane shouldn't have signed up for such a big match in such a meaningless month.

You are out of your mind!

Are you seriously attacking a parent for their unwavering support of their child? Pretty darn low.

Boro Fan,

All I can say is wow. There was no need for that. You showed no class in that post…

Good luck Germane, You make Ohio wrestling proud!!!!!

Did anyone see bubba Jenkins lost to the number 2 ranked NAIA wrestler this weekend? Guess what sometimes you wrestle bad matches or you don't match up well. National titles aren't won in November but November is where the lessons are learned that get you the national title.

Your bio says your 18 maybe older now. Ignorance is not having knowledge, Stupidity is have the knowledge and not using it. I say your the later. All matches count, but it is preparation during the season, maybe you don't know that. Here's and idea, ask Jaggers if he didn't try to win every match but used the loses to win a National title, or maybe you question his abilities too because of some early loses.

Ok but J Jaggers didn't say the matches didn't matter or make excuses, I know him personally and he was all about getting hot at the right time, which he did. Maybe Germane is the same way, I don't know. I voice my opinion on him being ranked too high and say I think he'll lose to Bailey and everyone jumps on my case. Isn't this forum all about voicing an opinion??

He didn't say it doesn't matter. The way I understand it, he is implying a loss in Nov. doesn't make a season. This is true.

Ohio Beast - I apologize if I offended you in any of my posts, I was just voicing my opinion, I wish your son luck on the rest of the season and once again I'm sorry.

[also did you know out of all the great D-1 college wrestlers from Cincinnati ever, there have ONLY been 2 AA, Blake Kaplan and your beloved Germane Lindsey,jr. so before your start haten on my son know some facts."

Beast, I got your back on here on this one, but I gotta give props to former Lebanon Wrestling standout Sean Enright...state champ in High School and NCAA division I runner-up in 1998 from your son's school (Ohio Univeristy)...i consider him a "cincinnati" guy since his high school coach Greg Abrams is in the SWOWCA hall of fame. Germane got to where he is at because of his hard work and never say die attitude. He will do it again this year!!!

Enright also placed 4th at 126 in 1994 as a true freshman.

Ohio Beast - I apologize if I offended you in any of my posts, I was just voicing my opinion, I wish your son luck on the rest of the season and once again I'm sorry.
You Don't owe me an apologize for speaking your mind on here. Thats why we have this great web site so we could agree to disagree. It was your opinion good or bad it is, what it is. All I was saying about a wrestling match in Nov. its not going to make or break my son season or his spirit because of a loss in Nov, we don't cry over spill milk a loss is a loss in our book. We also don't make up excuses on why we loss, we move on to the next match. Germane been trained since he was 7 or 8 years old to regroup. what we take from a loss is that nobody should beat you twice with the same moves. I think J.Jaggers Had double digital losses when he won his 1st National Title, A kid have to start peaking at the right time and Nov. is not that time to peak. I'm not saying my son is a J.Jaggers just saying anything is possible if you believe, prepare and train hard. Germane chose to Wrestle in this Event because he was selected and this is a great honor for him, the wrestling program at OHIO University Plus this great city and state we live in.

also did you know out of all the great D-1 college wrestlers from Cincinnati ever, there have ONLY been 2 AA, Blake Kaplan and your beloved Germane Lindsey,jr. so before your start haten on my son know some facts.

Ummm, I've got no issue with Lindsey. He's an All American and that is an accomplishment that most wrestlers, even great ones never achieve. But, if you're going to call people out on knowing the facts, you should make sure you have yours straight.

Josh Robbins (St. X) was an NCAA runner-up in '93 for Penn State.

Ummm, I've got no issue with Lindsey. He's an All American and that is an accomplishment that most wrestlers, even great ones never achieve. But, if you're going to call people out on knowing the facts, you should make sure you have yours straight.

Josh Robbins (St. X) was an NCAA runner-up in '93 for Penn State.

Yes sir, he was one and done in his career after that losing to another Ohio great Markus Mollica