Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs dies, game vs. Rangers postponed

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died Monday afternoon in Texas at the team hotel, hours before the team was scheduled to begin a four-game series against the Rangers.

The Southlake (Texas) Police Department said police were called to the team hotel this afternoon and found Skaggs "unresponsive" in his room. The department said no foul play is suspected and the investigation is ongoing.

A 911 call at 2:18 CT summoned Tarrant County emergency personnel to the Angels' team hotel in Southlake. Just more than a minute later, an emergency dispatch termed it a "possible death investigation" and Southlake police were summoned.

Read more:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...os-angeles-angels-pitcher-dies-27/1622738001/

Incredibly sad news. I'm a little confused as to so little information about Skaggs coming out?
So what we know is that Skaggs, 27, was found dead in his hotel room in the early afternoon of July 1, foul play and suicide was ousted right from the start. Now there's a report that says that the autopsy report won't be made available until October? What's the holdup? Seemingly healthy pro athletes don't just die in motel rooms, "just because".

Incredibly sad news. I'm a little confused as to so little information about Skaggs coming out?
So what we know is that Skaggs, 27, was found dead in his hotel room in the early afternoon of July 1, foul play and suicide was ousted right from the start. Now there's a report that says that the autopsy report won't be made available until October? What's the holdup? Seemingly healthy pro athletes don't just die in motel rooms, "just because".

How fast would you be able to turnover he autopsy?

Remember Daryl Kile?

Our autopsy reports take 6 months if it’s just a drug OD.

I really feel for this guys wife. Saw an article that his family wants to know how these drugs/alcohol were ingested and who provided them. Any fentanyl can be deadly just as painkillers and alcohol mixed together.

I really feel for this guys wife. Saw an article that his family wants to know how these drugs/alcohol were ingested and who provided them. Any fentanyl can be deadly just as painkillers and alcohol mixed together.
Heard thy believe he got the drug from someone in the angels front office ?

I get the family's grief. But blaming some locker room attendant for running out to score him drugs and not Skagg’s himself is next level denial. He's an adult with a ton of disposable income. Any drugs he acquired were on him.

His death is indeed tragic and I wish he got some help, but it was his decision to make this fatal mistake.

I concur. They are not going to find ha the angels org sanctioned this whole. This isn't the wwf where they basically passed out roids with the paychexks

I get the family's grief. But blaming some locker room attendant for running out to score him drugs and not Skagg’s himself is next level denial. He's an adult with a ton of disposable income. Any drugs he acquired were on him.

His death is indeed tragic and I wish he got some help, but it was his decision to make this fatal mistake.

Heard thy believe he got the drug from someone in the angels front office ?
Not sure about Angels front office or just a team staffer. Either way, sounds like this young man was not forced to ingest these things (accidental overdose) per the Coroner. Sounds to me like this guy was taking pain pills for pain,Alcohol because part of the MLB life style and sleep issues (fentanyl). A number of athletes/celebrities have turned to powerful narcotics for sleep. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure about Angels front office or just a team staffer. Either way, sounds like this young man was not forced to ingest these things (accidental overdose) per the Coroner. Sounds to me like this guy was taking pain pills for pain,Alcohol because part of the MLB life style and sleep issues (fentanyl). A number of athletes/celebrities have turned to powerful narcotics for sleep. Just my 2 cents.
I just take melatonin

truth

These situations are so sad. And I have a really hard time the family, and no one on the team suspected he was using drugs?