Andrew Bonnette steps down as Hoban baseball coach one year after winning state title

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Andrew Bonnette has made the decision to step away as the Archbishop Hoban baseball coach one year after leading the Knights to a Division II state championship.

Bonnette compiled a record of 56-34 as Hoban's baseball coach. The Knights ended the the past two seasons in the Division II state final at Canal Park in Akron.

"After three seasons as the Hoban baseball coach, I have decided to step down," Bonnette said. "I do this to better support my family both physically and financially.

Maybe I'm just an ole fuddy duddy....but prior to the state championship game players were posing on the OF with some WWE championship belt or something. Thought it was extremely arrogant and something a coach wouldn't permit before the biggest game of the year.

Also wonder if there was any pressure from parents. We saw, what we presumed was the dad, get mad and yell to the coach when a sac bunt was executed, and when the kid was going into the dugout he yelled to hilm "they shouldn't have you bunting".

Maybe I'm just an ole fuddy duddy....but prior to the state championship game players were posing on the OF with some WWE championship belt or something. Thought it was extremely arrogant and something a coach wouldn't permit before the biggest game of the year.

Also wonder if there was any pressure from parents. We saw, what we presumed was the dad, get mad and yell to the coach when a sac bunt was executed, and when the kid was going into the dugout he yelled to hilm "they shouldn't have you bunting".

There was way too much of that kind of stuff all season. The Norton game was particularly ugly which was unfortunate given that the Norton coach is employed at Hoban.