Alternates placing at State

2002 Matt Lear from mentor I believe
It was either 2002 or 2003. Took 5th at Sectional (can't find year), 2nd at District (2003), 3rd at State (2003). He was at 103lb weight class. I believe he took the 1 line at District from Jay Hunt who won sectionals.

It was either 2002 or 2003. Took 5th at Sectional (can't find year), 2nd at District (2003), 3rd at State (2003). He was at 103lb weight class. I believe he took the 1 line at District from Jay Hunt who won sectionals.
Correct I was coaching at Collinwood when Jay got a skin condition week of district and couldnt compete.

I believe ST.Eds had a alternate get in at 215 or 220 and ended up I thought being state runner up . I can't remember the year

Division III
152 pounds
Arcadia's Mason True took fifth at district.
District runner-up Mitchell Lee of Elmwood was unable to compete at state (skin condition, I think).
True got put into the bracket and ended up seventh.

2015 D1 160
Garrett Poling Massilon Jackson placed 5th at State after getting in as an alternate. I know this because he steamrolled our district champ in the first round. Cradle after cradle after cradle. My kid kept trying to get a defensive pin (he had 3 that year already) and just wasn't able to get to his feet when he wasn't already caught in a cradle.