All electric vehicles...will not work.

I never said the average age person. I simply responded to a claim that only rich people buy EV’s and Hybrids. That is blatantly untrue and your ancient study from only one state even proved it.
Obvously the term rich can be defined differently by different people. The average household income in the US in 2020 was less then $70K.

of course it matters if they are justified, why wouldn't it? Why not subsidize everything then?
What is justified about subsidizing one of the most profitable industries on earth right now? By that logic, the EV industry will still be receiving subsidies 50 years from now.

Obvously the term rich can be defined differently by different people. The average household income in the US in 2020 was less then $70K.
So everybody not living in poverty is rich in your book? How stupid. Rich is akin to wealthy and nobody with a brain thinks 120K of annual income is wealthy. If they do, they are a victim of low expectations.

So everybody not living in poverty is rich in your book? How stupid. Rich is akin to wealthy and nobody with a brain thinks 120K of annual income is wealthy. If they do, they are a victim of low expectations.
Not sure where I said not living in poverty is rich. I guess you aren't smart enough to look at the data provided and see that most people who are buying these cars are not poor and are by definition not average folks from and income stand point.

What is justified about subsidizing one of the most profitable industries on earth right now? By that logic, the EV industry will still be receiving subsidies 50 years from now.
Energy is pretty important, not sure how you can't see that. Well actually given what your side is doing to our energy sector, it's clear you don't think it is important. And that you would like to see much higher energy prices. EVs don't make a profit, so I'm not following what you are saying there.

Not sure where I said not living in poverty is rich. I guess you aren't smart enough to look at the data provided and see that most people who are buying these cars are not poor and are by definition not average folks from and income stand point.
I never said they are average income for the 3rd time. I said they were not rich by any reasonable definition of the term. The typical buyer is more middle class than rich. Which BTW…is pretty normal for newer tech like this. As it matures, it will drive further down market. You are the dude that posted the study that claimed only 33% of the buyers earned over 150K a year. What the hell are you even arguing at this point?

Energy is pretty important, not sure how you can't see that. Well actually given what your side is doing to our energy sector, it's clear you don't think it is important. And that you would like to see much higher energy prices. EVs don't make a profit, so I'm not following what you are saying there.
I never said it was not important. I said that one of the most profitable industries in the world no longer should get billions in subsidies.

I never said they are average income for the 3rd time. I said they were not rich by any reasonable definition of the term. The typical buyer is more middle class than rich. Which BTW…is pretty normal for newer tech like this. As it matures, it will drive further down market. You are the dude that posted the study that claimed only 33% of the buyers earned over 150K a year. What the hell are you even arguing at this point?

Case in point.... The new Ford Maverick hybrid truck starts at $20K

They are above average, by a lot. These are not the cheapest cars at all and would be even more of course without the subsidies.

They are above average, by a lot. These are not the cheapest cars at all and would be even more of course without the subsidies.
Again. I never said anything about average. I said NOT RICH. Do you understand now? You should. You posted a study that said as much.

I was speaking with an electrical engineer yesterday and we were discussing all electric vehicles. He lives in the newest section of town, built his house 4 years ago. He told me "with the electric lines running down our street, there would only be three cars that could charge at one time". Multiply that problem by the size of a small town, small city, New York city.

Electric cars will not replace gas engines.
You’re brilliant. I can imagine what your friends are like.

Case in point.... The new Ford Maverick hybrid truck starts at $20K
But the Maverick runs on gasoline right? It's a hybrid and I absolutely can see hybrids coming to dominate the vehicle industry. But this thread started by Tesoro opined that converting to ALL ELECTRIC vehicles would not work and that is correct. Why you guys throw out gasoline powered hybrids as a counter argument is beyond me.

If you have no mortgage and make a reasonable living, you should be able to afford a 40K car. Regardless, that is far from rich.
Oh, I could, if I wasn't so conservative and wanted to pass on mass amounts of money to my kids so they can have a better life when I'm gone.

But the Maverick runs on gasoline right? It's a hybrid and I absolutely can see hybrids coming to dominate the vehicle industry. But this thread started by Tesoro opined that converting to ALL ELECTRIC vehicles would not work and that is correct. Why you guys throw out gasoline powered hybrids as a counter argument is beyond me.

My mentioning of the Maverick was an offshoot of Hammerdrill's who's buying EVs and hybrids

Lighten up Francis.

All electric vehicles work just fine.

Oh, I could, if I wasn't so conservative and wanted to pass on mass amounts of money to my kids so they can have a better life when I'm gone.
Giving your kids a lifetime of welfare is not a conservative principle. That sounds exactly like the “liberal elites” you fools lose your over.

And you are one contradictory and weird individual. Not buying a 40K car so you can give more money to your kids? They must we walking disasters if they are that much in need.
I know you liberals would rather rely on the government and others to take care of your families than sacrificing yourselves to take care of them. That's been pretty evident.

By when? 10 years? Fast forward 25 and what do you see? All electric will eventually dominate. I agree there will or could be a small % of hybrid, and even smaller % of all gas. Hell we still have horse and buggies. Guess we'll see.

I know you liberals would rather rely on the government and others to take care of your families than sacrificing yourselves to take care of them. That's been pretty evident.
I raised my kids to take care of themselves.

I raised my kids to take care of themselves.

This. I am glad however that I can leave them a start, but pro-inheritance (and esp. pro-generational wealth) is inherently anti-capitalist.

This is how we end up with Dotards running the country. Next we'll get to have idiot sons Uday and Qusay influencing American policy. And Soros offspring. Kochs, etc. No wonder we're in the shape we are. That is more similar to a monarchial system than capitalism.

Last edited:
This. I am glad however that I can leave them a start, but pro-inheritance (and esp. pro-generational wealth) is inherently anti-capitalist.

This is how we end up with Dotards running the country. Next we'll get to have idiot sons Uday and Qusay influencing American policy. And Soros offspring. Kochs, etc. No wonder we're in the shape we are. That is more similar to a monarchial system than capitalism.
Make no mistake, I will leave my kids a nest egg. At no point will they ever know what that is until I am gone and I will never live frugally for the purposes of giving them more money. Totally anti capitalism.

Obviously not. You won’t buy a 40K car so that you can give them more money as adults.
But I will buy 3 triplexes and I will buy stocks. Not sure what your point is. Do you think the majority of americans spend 40K on a vehicle?

Make no mistake, I will leave my kids a nest egg. At no point will they ever know what that is until I am gone and I will never live frugally for the purposes of giving them more money. Totally anti capitalism.
Buy a chain of Happy Happy Quickee Spas as your legacy.