Akron East @ Dover

Doverbuck1

This has been a very good 5 game series with Dover holding a 3-2 lead, the 2020 game was canceled.
East always comes with a boatload of speed and great size, all 5 games have been close, and the game seems to come down to a late score to seal a win or get a win. East has also been bringing a nice crowd. Should be another great one Friday.

WHAT SAYETH YOU @Sean Wilson ?
DRAGONS OR TORNADOES?

WE DON'T KNOW IF EAST SOPH. RB ZIAIRE STEVENS WILL BE RECOVERED FROM
THE ANKLE INJURY THAT PUT HIM OUT OF THE JACKSON GAME IN THE SECOND QTR.
WHEN HE WENT DOWN, EAST CONCENTRATED ON THEIR PASSING GAME. SENIOR QB
JUSTIN COX THREW FOR 415 YARDS AGAINST JAY ROHR'S VAUNTED SWARM DEFENSE
THE REMAINDER OF THE GAME. SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME. DOVER HAD A NICE WIN
SATURDAY NIGHT AT MENTOR LAKE CATHOLIC. THE 80 YARD WINNING DRIVE IN THE
LAST 1:50 OF THE GAME WAS VERY EXCITING. HAMM DID A HECK OF A JOB.

WHAT SAYETH YOU @Sean Wilson ?
DRAGONS OR TORNADOES?

WE DON'T KNOW IF EAST SOPH. RB ZIAIRE STEVENS WILL BE RECOVERED FROM
THE ANKLE INJURY THAT PUT HIM OUT OF THE JACKSON GAME IN THE SECOND QTR.
WHEN HE WENT DOWN, EAST CONCENTRATED ON THEIR PASSING GAME. SENIOR QB
JUSTIN COX THREW FOR 415 YARDS AGAINST JAY ROHR'S VAUNTED SWARM DEFENSE
THE REMAINDER OF THE GAME. SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME. DOVER HAD A NICE WIN
SATURDAY NIGHT AT MENTOR LAKE CATHOLIC. THE 80 YARD WINNING DRIVE IN THE
LAST 1:50 OF THE GAME WAS VERY EXCITING. HAMM DID A HECK OF A JOB.
I say Dover by 10

See Post #2. They passed for 415 yards against Jackson.
Then good night the party is over. The DC back to teaching arm tackling. Probably back to not hitting or allowed to make a full tackle in practice. It showed. Maybe it was week 1 jitters. But a 1-9 D5 team just pushed them to the limits. Needed a score in last 10 sec to win. East will be bigger faster more athletic. Wake had Dover mean and flying to the ball. I didn’t see that Saturday.

Then good night the party is over. The DC back to teaching arm tackling. Probably back to not hitting or allowed to make a full tackle in practice. It showed. Maybe it was week 1 jitters. But a 1-9 D5 team just pushed them to the limits. Needed a score in last 10 sec to win. East will be bigger faster more athletic. Wake had Dover mean and flying to the ball. I didn’t see that Saturday.
I don't have a dog in this but boy get your facts, first off the tornadoes held a improved Lake Catholic team to 13 points second Lake Catholic is Division 4. Have you watched Dover? I can say East will definitely be a very tough game.

Lake Catholic was in the DIV state championship game two years ago. Not sure why you make it sound like they are a push over? Even last year’s 1-9 team had a misleading record because they lost to Walsh Jesuit, Glenville, VASJ, etc…

I'm going with a Dover win here. However, I hope we see a big difference in week 1 to week 2. I have seen past Dover teams look mediocre in week one then look like world beaters in week 2. Hoping with a home game and some adjusted attitudes after barely pulling out the win against LC, Coach Ifft will have them ready to roll. If we see more of last week we could be taking a loss.

I’m used to Dover going into week two with a win over a Canadian team unaware of our rules, so ill just play confused until next week. (and I’m from Dover, and never, ever second guess Ifft)

I don't have a dog in this but boy get your facts, first off the tornadoes held a improved Lake Catholic team to 13 points second Lake Catholic is Division 4. Have you watched Dover? I can say East will definitely be a very tough game.
Improved 1-9 team from last year.. can’t get much worse then 1-9. So yeah improved. Help to 13? Well they only scored 16 so not much better. 7 of the 13 was on last play of game. So that 1-9 team from the year before held Dover to 9 points for 95% of the game. Not something I’m sure Ifft is happy about.

No doubt the opener was frustrating at times but A lot less frustrating than a loss. I think the long bus trip and playing in a monsoon figured in. Also several kids getting a first start probably had some nerves going on.

Not gonna make any excuses for week 1s mediocre performance, but playing in a monsoon and having several players getting there 1st varsity start at different position’s plays into the outcome of that game. But as a Tornado fan we’re gonna take the W and keep moving forward! 🌪

I think this will be a good game. I hope Dovers defense is ready. East is usually a big and fast team. Im going with Dover in a close game. Boys will be ready for their first game in the brick house. Go Dover!

Dover offense will need long clock eating scoring drives to keep the East offense on the sideline. After watching East play Jackson I think conditioning could be a factor with them, lots of guys with hands on hips.

I think it’s a pick’em/coin toss type game.

Speed and Talent goes to AKRON EAST

Fundamentals and Scheme/Coaching go to DOVER

The team that will win will be the team that can adjust their game. Dover needs to make plays.

East needs to stay disciplined even if down early and not free lance on plays and follow their assignments while probing for the mis match/weakness.

Good Luck to both teams.
Gun to my head I’m taking DOVER 16-14

A Rubber Bowl double headers, Turkey Day game and Akron East vs Akron Garfield!!
I WENT TO ELLET AND LIVED A HALF MILE FROM THE BOWL.
AFTER HOME GAMES I WENT TO THE BOWL FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE SECOND GAME.
ON THANKSGIVING I'D WALK TO THE BOWL FOR THE CITY SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP.
GARFIELD AND EAST AND THEN KENMORE FOR A FEW YEARS.
AS I'VE SAID, THOSE WERE THE DAYS. YOUNG AND CAREFREE.