Akron City Series Basketball 2023-2024

hubman

Buchtel starts their defense of their State Title today down near Columbus with perennial power Pickerton North. Sate Title, boy it felt good typing that!!! The Griffs graduated a stellar group of seniors will they have a enough back to maintain supremacy in the City or will someone else make a charge. Will East rebound the loss of their coach and several key players? Will Coach Nuge over at Firestone get things running this year. What players should we be looking for?

Beacon preview

Poignant article about Buchtel's Coach Dent in the Beacon

Last years thread

I went to the Firestone game at Buchtel last week. My mother is alumna. They had a fundraiser last year to get new padded seats for the players and coaches. The seats read the name of the donators which I thought was really cool. Buchtel looked good early taking a commanding lead and made a lot of three pointers in the first quarter.

Firestone looked a little flustered from time to time throughout the game due to Buchtels pressure with Buchtel controlling the entire game. Obviously they aren't the same team as last year but they looked good with room to improve. I was impressed by the guard play from Buchtel and look forward to seeing more games this season.

My condolences to the Dent Family for their loss!! 🙏

To anyone that is more familiar with Akron City Series basketball than I am, does North have a chance at winning a game this year? Or will it be another winless year?

I’m in NorCal and I’ve been able to find little or no information about the ACS. Is anybody other than The Griffs still alive, or have the lights in the gyms of the other teams been turned off till next year.

Buchtel and Norwayne are being carried by WQKT out of Wooster. They do a great job every year with the football championship games.

Buchtel 11
Norwayne 8
End of 1st Qtr.
Griffs committed 2 fouls in the last 2 seconds of the quarter, but Norwayne went 1-4 from the line.

I’m in NorCal and I’ve been able to find little or no information about the ACS. Is anybody other than The Griffs still alive, or have the lights in the gyms of the other teams been turned off till next year.
I believe Garfield is still alive after winning their first round game!