AFC Divisional: Bills at Chiefs (1/23) 6:30PM

Who wins?

• Bills

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Good lord, the D in the final 13 secs of Regulation was atrocious. Why in gods name was Buffalo playing their corners toward the sidelines leaving Kelce open down the Seam? Stupid.

But the Bills had there opportunity to stop them, by playing defense, and getting the ball back
It's a different game today. With everyone having a high octane offense, it comes down to the coin flip. Both offenses should see the field in overtime.

But the Bills had there opportunity to stop them, by playing defense, and getting the ball back
The last 13 seconds in regulation was criminal … the just basically left them uncovered … how in the world do you not fire Leslie Frazier … and he is getting interviews for HC jobs!!!!

LOL, the no.1 defense in the NFL and you fire the DC.
That is worse … The last 13 seconds was THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST DEFENSE I HAVE EVER SEEN … in my lifetime … they guarded the sidelines and left the middle of the field wide open … when KC had 3 timeouts … if you have the talent to be the number 1 defense in the NFL and you call that … you should be fired … yes.

I would be firing the DC after that game. The only way to slow down Mahomes is to pressure him. The Bills didn’t do it and let him beat them with death by a thousand cuts. You didn’t blitz Mahomes. You didn’t double Kelce. It just made it too easy for KC.

Saddest thing about the Bills is that they likely would've been the odds-on favorite to win out had they beat the Chiefs.

Hopefully that last drive in regulation serves as a memo to DCs around the league not to use all-out prevent defense until the very final play of a game.

special teams coach is the one that needs fired - 13 seconds and you kick it into the endzone??? awful. kick it to the 5, squib it, ANYTHING to take off a good 4-5 seconds of clock. unreal.
That was a horrible decision, too. Burn five seconds off with a squib, then blitz Mahomes so he has to burn off another several seconds just evading the pressure. It would have been that easy, but the Bills coaching staff gagged in that moment. And it’s not armchair quarterbacking after the fact, as I’m sure many people watching felt that was the best strategy right then in the moment. Unfortunately, none were on the Bills staff.

That was a horrible decision, too. Burn five seconds off with a squib, then blitz Mahomes so he has to burn off another several seconds just evading the pressure. It would have been that easy, but the Bills coaching staff gagged in that moment. And it’s not armchair quarterbacking after the fact, as I’m sure many people watching felt that was the best strategy right then in the moment. Unfortunately, none were on the Bills staff.
i was thinking "squib" the whole time when they lined up. oh, well.

I would be firing the DC after that game. The only way to slow down Mahomes is to pressure him. The Bills didn’t do it and let him beat them with death by a thousand cuts. You didn’t blitz Mahomes. You didn’t double Kelce. It just made it too easy for KC.
Mahomes is one of the best if not the best QB's in blitz situations: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...me-to-stop-blitzing-patrick-mahomes-and-more/

There is a reason why he gets paid 20 plus million dollars, he is one of the top 3 QB's in the league. Only mistake Buffalo made was to rush 4 at end of reg. like Romo said Bills should have rushed 3.

LOL last year KC had both starting tackles out in the SB, that is why Mahomes struggled. If it is such a good recipe for success (blitzing Mahomes), why don't all teams do it. Easy to be a coach sitting on the couch.

LOL last year KC had both starting tackles out in the SB, that is why Mahomes struggled. If it is such a good recipe for success (blitzing Mahomes), why don't all teams do it. Easy to be a coach sitting on the couch.
Just look at the game referenced in your link. They lost. They didn’t score in the fourth quarter. No QB is at his best when under a pass rush. Some are just better with it than others.

The problem was they played a defense that is designed to make them throw into the middle of the field … this is a good defense when a team is out of time outs and there is very little time … but a terrible defense when the team has 3 timeouts left … the just basically gave them 40 to 50 yards … guarding the sidelines in this situation is just plain stupid

That is worse … The last 13 seconds was THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST DEFENSE I HAVE EVER SEEN … in my lifetime … they guarded the sidelines and left the middle of the field wide open … when KC had 3 timeouts … if you have the talent to be the number 1 defense in the NFL and you call that … you should be fired … yes.
I don’t think Buffalo will fire him, but he definitely blew his chance at a HC job.

Incredible game. Both defenses collapsed in the last few minutes, but sure was fun to watch those 2 great QBs. I have a new level of appreciation for Josh Allen - he is a warrior.

Favorite thing I saw on Twitter was a fake Dak Prescott quote: "Mahomes should have run up the middle with 13 seconds left!"

Incredible game. Both defenses collapsed in the last few minutes, but sure was fun to watch those 2 great QBs. I have a new level of appreciation for Josh Allen - he is a warrior.

Favorite thing I saw on Twitter was a fake Dak Prescott quote: "Mahomes should have run up the middle with 13 seconds left!"
well Mahomes actually HAD timeouts so if he was able to run 20-25 yards in 6 seconds that would have been fine.