Adults fight at Eastern Kentucky Little League game. Charges possible.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Things got ugly at a Little League championship game in Eastern Kentucky Monday when parents and coaches got into a fight, and now some involved could face criminal charges.

Video of the incident shared to Facebook shows more than a dozen adults on the baseball field, some of whom are shouting obscenities at each other.

“It’s really sad these kids that played hard all season and put their hearts on that field didn’t get to finish their championship game because ‘adults’ wanted to act like this,” Destani Renaye Knox wrote in a Facebook post, which included a video of the altercation.

I've posted this on different threads over the years but as a former longtime coach it gets worse by the year. Everyone's 8 year old is going to play for the Yankees and moonlight with the Lakers. Might do a cup of coffee with the Cowboys if they have time.

For those not affiliated in any fashion, 8 year olds played tee-ball when most of us were growing up. They now play "travel" baseball and basketball as well as tackle football and have specialization coaches. C-R-A-Z-Y.

You guys are missing the best part of this whole thing if you haven't checked out their Facebook pages where they've continued the fight. It appears some involved are board members. Highly suggest

For those not affiliated in any fashion, 8 year olds played tee-ball when most of us were growing up. They now play "travel" baseball and basketball as well as tackle football and have specialization coaches. C-R-A-Z-Y.

You might need to do an age survey around here. I'd never heard of tee-ball. When I looked it up, lol. We had whiffle ball, rubber ball, toss the ball up and hit it ball. Tee hadn't been invented or it hadn't made it to the neighborhood yet. Very possibly this tee-ball created all these fighting miss-fits.

I just watched one of the videos. It contains some delicate flower of a mother yelling to some man on the field that he "is a f*****g piece of s**t. She then follows it up with "this is a kid's game", then asks "where's my f*****g kid?". Some pretty hilarious stuff there.

Last edited:
Remember the good old days when an article like this had shock value. Now it's more like "here we go again."

Also, why is it that hillbillies always feel the need to tear off their shirts before a fight?
"whatdaya wanna do?" "I thought dis was America!!!"

1623811671729.png

My people!

I wish that was all sarcasm, but, literally, they are. Not relatives, but the accents and some of the behavior is very familiar. Lol.

Was in Kantucky over the weekend. Other than the Ky Coach calling everyone "boy" there was no incidents.

But then again, it rained so much we got 11 innings in over 4 days.

yeah....what a 'fun' time.

You might need to do an age survey around here. I'd never heard of tee-ball. When I looked it up, lol. We had whiffle ball, rubber ball, toss the ball up and hit it ball. Tee hadn't been invented or it hadn't made it to the neighborhood yet. Very possibly this tee-ball created all these fighting miss-fits.
T ball may very well be regional. My son played t ball in 06. When I 1st joined little league in 76 at age 10 the younger kids played t ball. (Youngstown area)

There's a few things to unpack here...

First of all, the coaches seems to have come to their senses and are walking it back as much as you can. Sadly this will never be forgotten.

Secondly, shame on anyone who filmed this, and then put it on social media. The incident is awful in itself, but when you share it on social media, you've taken it to another level. At minimum it's incredibly irresponsible, and it could be even more than that. You seriously could have some of these folks lose their jobs and other positions with this hitting the airwaves. From what I saw, I did not see any fights, punches thrown or wrestling. People yelling? Yes, should they be doing it, no. But when I hear altercation, I don't see one.

First of all, the coaches seems to have come to their senses and are walking it back as much as you can. Sadly this will never be forgotten.

Secondly, shame on anyone who filmed this, and then put it on social media. The incident is awful in itself, but when you share it on social media, you've taken it to another level. At minimum it's incredibly irresponsible, and it could be even more than that. You seriously could have some of these folks lose their jobs and other positions with this hitting the airwaves. From what I saw, I did not see any fights, punches thrown or wrestling. People yelling? Yes, should they be doing it, no. But when I hear altercation, I don't see one.
Don't act like idiots and you don't have to worry about social media. Just to be clear, it's the coaches involved posting it on social media and continuing to fight there. They talk as if the Reds vs Rangers TBall Rivalry is the most heated in sports. If my boss found out I was in this the of event I would rightfully deserve whatever punishment they felt fit. Most likely termination especially if there are criminal charges

I just watched one of the videos. It contains some delicate flower of a mother yelling to some man on the field that he "is a f*****g piece of s**t. She then follows it up with "this is a kid's game", then asks "where's my f*****g kid?". Some pretty hilarious stuff there.
I’m guessing the poverty rate is high there

Can't agree with you on this one. If you're going to act like a child at a t-ball game and act in that manner in front of children, you have it coming.