Movies A question about foreign movies

arizonawildcat

I have been burning up Netflix because of all this covid nonsense. Lately I've been watching mostly European movies about gangsters and other crime crap. It seems like whenever the crooks want to tangle with another gang, they grab baseball bats. Since when are baseball bats prevalent in France, Italy, Ireland, Britain, etc. Why do they all have baseball bats when they do not play baseball in those countries? Just wondering.

I have been burning up Netflix because of all this covid nonsense. Lately I've been watching mostly European movies about gangsters and other crime crap. It seems like whenever the crooks want to tangle with another gang, they grab baseball bats. Since when are baseball bats prevalent in France, Italy, Ireland, Britain, etc. Why do they all have baseball bats when they do not play baseball in those countries? Just wondering.
They were inspired by the Bear Jew going Teddy Williams on some NAZIs.

Not to get political, but it probably has to do with the gun laws in those countries that really restrict firearms.

Not to get political, but it probably has to do with the gun laws in those countries that really restrict firearms.
I think the point is they don't really play baseball in those countries like they do here. They wouldn't be as prevalent. Different kinds of weapons would have been more appropriate. Ax handles or something like that.

Probably an American director or producer that didn't think about other cultures and what would actually be available.

Widespread rioting has created a surge in demand for baseball bats in the United Kingdom, although it’s not clear whether the buyers are would-be looters or people trying to defend themselves from said looting. Why would Brits choose baseball bats over cricket bats?

Movies, possibly. Many people in the U.K. seem to associate baseball bats with violence, perhaps on account of the long association between the two in American films (like The Warriors), television shows (like The Sopranos), and video games (like Grand Theft Auto). The idea of baseball-related combat has become so common in England that theater companies regularly call BaseballSoftballUK, the country’s development agency for the two sports, seeking bats for staged beatings.

hmmmmmm

Widespread rioting has created a surge in demand for baseball bats in the United Kingdom, although it’s not clear whether the buyers are would-be looters or people trying to defend themselves from said looting. Why would Brits choose baseball bats over cricket bats?
Those flat bats, too much wind resistance. Get it turned sideways and you whiff when whiffing can be fatal. No one looks bad- with a cricket bat.

Oh, no. Brits buying up American baseball bats at the same time the American ash tree is becoming extinct. I see a future bat shortage threatening our national game.