80 people stormed a California Nordstrom store and stole merchandise

The big problem here is that the store has a rule that basically says “everything is insured, it’s not worth risking your life to stop it”. This is exactly why these criminals feel empowered to do this. There are no repercussions. I guarantee you that if the store security guard had the orders to “shoot at will” this would send a nice message to the criminals that petty shoplifting may come with a death sentence and they may think twice.
No, the problem is that prosecutors are not prosecuting these property crimes in SF. They will prosecute a security guard or cop if he doesn't do his job to perfection, though. Don't doubt that.

I'm guessing that this will only get worse. Kind of interesting that the media has been talking about vigilantes feeling like they can now start shooting people because of the Rittenhouse verdict but the reality is that these type of mob theft rings are becoming more confident in their ability to pull off these heists with no limitations. Expect them in a city near you.

then the leaders of the community come out of the wood work and complain that stores are leaving the neighborhood, and that the big bad stores are racist...
Oh, for sure. The solid inner city citizens pay the price for the losses when they shop or buy gas, and then blame the Man and vote Democrat again, anyway. Can't fix stupid.

But first, insurance rates will go up, and the person running the shop will raise prices to recover the expense. And the people will moan about the prices, not the scumbags.
We just went through this with Chapel Hill Mall closing down. It was a great place to go for most of my life. Then they let the bad element take over the Mall. They didn't police it, just let them get away and used insurance to pay for their losses. The good stores started to leave first and were replaced by lower quality stores. Then those stores started to close and no one was replacing them. It was a slow death for the Mall and these cities will see the same thing. Good people don't want to go to bad places.

This is actually nothing new and happened in Walnut Creek which is a nicer suburb. Many who work in SF proper live in Walnut Creek. Think Dublin or Olentangy.

Here is one from SF recently.

Was in SF about a month ago and had everything stolen out of the car. Lunchtime in a protected lot with multiple security who I am sure were in on it. Smashed out the back window and stole our crew's bookbags with computers. Broad daylight. The security guards got the make/model/license plate. Said ski masked men jumped out, smashed the window, took the goods and left. Cops wont even come out. You have to fill out a report online. When we returned the SUV to the airport for another car we noticed 4 or 5 other cars with broken out back windows. Enterprise said it is a daily occurance. The lady basically gave us a new car and made a sign of the cross and sent us on our way. No one does a thing. It is just expected. SF is a GIANT $chithole. People pooping on the streets. The mentally ill walking around talking to themselves in storefront wndows. Tent cities.

Before cabe calls me out for supporting this BS I have to say I would be looked at as a moderate to above moderate Pub out there. One party rule is never good and they are WAAAAY left. SF is a glaring example of going overboard on social medicine to fix all societal problems.

This is actually nothing new and happened in Walnut Creek which is a nicer suburb. Many who work in SF proper live in Walnut Creek. Think Dublin or Olentangy.

Was in SF about a month ago and had everything stolen out of the car. Lunchtime in a protected lot with multiple security who I am sure were in on it. Smashed out the back window and stole our crew's bookbags with computers. Broad daylight. The security guards got the make/model/license plate. Said ski masked men jumped out, smashed the window, took the goods and left. Cops wont even come out. You have to fill out a report online. When we returned the SUV to the airport for another car we noticed 4 or 5 other cars with broken out back windows. Enterprise said it is a daily occurance. The lady basically gave us a new car and made a sign of the cross and sent us on our way. No one does a thing. It is just expected. SF is a GIANT $chithole. People pooping on the streets. The mentally ill walking around talking to themselves in storefront wndows. Tent cities.

Before cabe calls me out for supporting this BS I have to say I would be looked at as a moderate to above moderate Pub out there. One party rule is never good and they are WAAAAY left. SF is a glaring example of going overboard on social medicine to fix all societal problems.
So you only vote Dem to balance the power?

So you only vote Dem to balance the power?
I certainly did not say that. A Dem from my neck of the woods, think Marcy Kaptur, would never get elected out there. She'd be considered a centrist moderate Pub.

The older I have gotten the more conservative I have become. The party I grew up knowing locally is similar but not the same. We get along with the police where I come from. As a labor Dem it is getting tougher and tougher but the only other option, in many ways, is not better.

Nonetheless, comparing SF and their politics to anything in Ohio is apples to oranges. Construction in the Bay area costs 3x what it would here. You cannot turn a shovel without encountering an endangered snail or start up a generator without causing cancer. It is simply a very screwed up place at the moment.

Last edited:
Make the insurance so expensive that it forces the stores to develop a plan to stop these orchestrated shoplifting sprees. Hitting these big companies on the bottom line is the only thing they understand.
Unbelievable, yea lets blame it on the stores and insurance. The fact is right now there are no real consequences for this behavior. As long as that trend continues we'll continue to see crap like this.

We just went through this with Chapel Hill Mall closing down. It was a great place to go for most of my life. Then they let the bad element take over the Mall. They didn't police it, just let them get away and used insurance to pay for their losses. The good stores started to leave first and were replaced by lower quality stores. Then those stores started to close and no one was replacing them. It was a slow death for the Mall and these cities will see the same thing. Good people don't want to go to bad places.
Yup. It's a shame. So many other malls had already expired that Chapel Hill looked to have survived the full acceptance of online shopping. Part of mall death here was building beyond demand on relatively cheap land and shoppers heading for the latest and greatest, but crime was always involved and bringing low quality tenants was the result on the path to the end. Randall Park Mall went from the largest in America to the car theft capital of America when bus service was greatly expanded. The crime and Beachwood Mall killed Randall, but Randall had killed Southgate just south down Route 8 before that.

I think that converting Severance Mall on Mayfield Rd to Severance Center in the 90's by ripping the lid off of it and eliminating large climate controlled common areas added many years to it's usable life. The idiots went away. This was a reaction heading off the dynamic that you describe. I don't know if Chapel Hill was suited for such a move or not without prohibitive expense. New State Rd in the Falls went that way when they rebuilt. Nearly everybody seems to do that now, right ? State Rd's re-development also introduced a newer, shinier package as competition.

This flash mob plague of thieving locusts is a new thing to me, though. There was a huge organized pack of dozens of teenagers last summer that staged a fake shooting to flee, screaming, right through a movie night in the park event near a new restaurant/shopping area in Highland Hills or Orange, featuring a film suitable for 5-10 year old kids. Maybe that was worse than taking stuff.

It's like the dummies want to be constantly monitored by government. Are they not terrorists ?

I certainly did not say that. A Dem from my neck of the woods, think Marcy Kaptur, would never get elected out there. She'd be considered a centrist moderate Pub.

The older I have gotten the more conservative I have become. The party I grew up knowing locally is similar but not the same. We get along with the police where I come from. As a labor Dem it is getting tougher and tougher but the only other option, in many ways, is not better.

Nonetheless, comparing SF and their politics to anything in Ohio is apples to oranges. Construction in the Bay area costs 3x what it would here. You cannot turn a shovel without encountering an endangered snail or start up a generator without causing cancer. It is simply a very screwed up place at the moment.
Hey but you can have a career being a scooper of human poop in San Francisco making $184K a year in salary & benefits.

so what has to happen for people to stand up and say NO MORE?

so what has to happen for people to stand up and say NO MORE?
If this keeps happening in Concord and Walnut Creek watch it happen. These are the people that want to fix everyone's problems through social initiatives until the element comes to their backyard.

We fund the police where I live and they will shoot you for the $chit they do in the Bay Area.

Hey but you can have a career being a scooper of human poop in San Francisco making $184K a year in salary & benefits.

They banned all 2-cycle gas powered machines in SF so make sure whatever is used it is battery driven. Marijuana? Pff. You will get a contact high walking down the street or driving with your window down in the Bay Area at all times of the day. I'm all for legalizing the drug and if people want to use it responsibly that is on them but 24-7 use in broad daylight is a bit much for me. This is spilling over to Vegas as well. Been there lately? It is starting to look JUST like SF.

I unfortunately have to go there for work a couple times a year and it is awful. The funny part is if you drive an hour North you would think you are in Tennessee. It will all come crashing down soon as these Uber liberal policies catch up with them.

Video cameras inside the store should have the ability to recognize the unnatural movements of the shoplifters on camera. (People don’t normally run while shopping). This movement would send an electronic signal to the store’s security system which would automatically lock the doors and prevent the thieves from leaving the store. Add about 5-6 extra armed security guards to stores where this activity happens regularly. These armed guards could apprehend the losers and take them into custody.
Or something like that.
When the doors are automatically locked how do you handle the regular customers that are now potential hostages?!?!?

With as many smash and grabs as the Bay Area has they could easily set up a sting. They go after cars with fleet tags. These are the same brazen idiots who are now pulling off these large smash and grabs. Kill a couple in the act and the rest will stop. The Bay Area sending in social workers to handle the criminals "feelings" is how we got here.

Pretty frustrating when it happened to the group I was in. They had the car make and model, had the license plate, three security guards watched it happen. It definitely felt like the criminal has more rights to do the act than I had to defend the act. They will reep what they sow when every business shuts up shop and leaves.

At least in NYC you can visibly see a cop on darn near every corner.