700 WLW

actually, and it's been years ago, sat and drank a couple beers with him at place called Bristols... he was pretty much like that...
So at least 25 years ago at a cheap strip club where I'm sure everyone was sober....he doesn't act like that in his day to day life. Been around him plenty, the radio's a character

Huggins received a DUI last night around 8:30pm in Pittsburgh, blowing a .21. He was unsure what city he was in, he mentioned Columbus a couple of times.

Looking like the comments he made on WLW are the least of his worry. A forced Retirement seems to be the next step.

Huggins received a DUI last night around 8:30pm in Pittsburgh, blowing a .21. He was unsure what city he was in, he mentioned Columbus a couple of times.

Looking like the comments he made on WLW are the least of his worry. A forced Retirement seems to be the next step.

Though a Xavier I have always liked Bob but it is time for him to retire. He starting to look and sound like an old drunken fool!

I don’t get why a guy making millions would take a chance of getting caught driving intoxicated. For gawd sakes give someone a couple hundred bucks to drive you around. Heck I’m paranoid to drive having consumed 2 drinks. Stupid people, good coach.

Sad ending for Huggins. This is the typical old school coach, successful enough to do whatever he wants, with little repercussion because he wins. AD's and Presidents, focused on branding their athletic teams, overlook minor and major incidents because the "win". Much like Bob Knight and Joe Paterno, these guys get old enough where they have no mentors, no one to rein them in and they eventually run themselves off the rails.

Huggins appears to be a lonely, grumpy guy who's two loves are basketball and booze. You can't tell me no one around him saw this. He had a DUI at UC years and years ago.

Next step for Hugs, he's resigned. Get help. Go into seclusion and just behave. The only positive of this is that thank goodness he didn't have a major accident and kill another driver or passengers.

CHEAp? so tell me how you been around him?
I'm not really huge into strip clubs but yes, I'd consider Bristol's to be on the lower end when they were around. I'm not far from where they used to be. We'd take guys to the lunch buffet when friends turned 18. Switched to Diamonds though

I really think if people listen to Mike McConnell daily, they would be smarter and see things differently.

So just out of curiosity, WLW reports this haze and wildfires in Canada, they also say people should stay inside and not do strenuous activities outside. So what about construction workers and farmers??? I mean you can't just take days off in certain lines of work.

Heard a good one today....I guess there are a couple of larger corps that are floating the idea of grandternity leave....what is it? Well it's paid time off for new grandparents. The issue stems from I guess older workers retiring to take care of grandkids.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I mean Pa-ternity is ridiculous enough where Dad's get 8-12 weeks off paid to have a kid. There is no way anyone who runs businesses comes up with this stuff.

Heard a good one today....I guess there are a couple of larger corps that are floating the idea of grandternity leave....what is it? Well it's paid time off for new grandparents. The issue stems from I guess older workers retiring to take care of grandkids.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I mean Pa-ternity is ridiculous enough where Dad's get 8-12 weeks off paid to have a kid. There is no way anyone who runs businesses comes up with this stuff.
Well it's obviously the business owners that are coming up with it since they're offering it as an incentive to keep the older workers in the company. Just like everything else you argue...these things are being added as incentive to keep and draw employees. The same reason companies are paying more. People don't stay with companies their entire career anymore. Most are staying 3-5 years max and leaving for better pay and benefits elsewhere. Employees are no longer loyal to their employers like past generations.

I really think if people listen to Mike McConnell daily, they would be smarter and see things differently.
Let me know if Mike says anything tomorrow about the parasite ex cop Scot Peterson from Parkland, being cleared. Mike is usually aligned with me on stuff like that. Peterson should have been thrown in jail.

Let me know if Mike says anything tomorrow about the parasite ex cop Scot Peterson from Parkland, being cleared. Mike is usually aligned with me on stuff like that. Peterson should have been thrown in jail.
Wasn't able to catch Mike today, I'll try to catch the podcast and see if he said anything. I guess I'm not familiar with the Peterson case.

Well it's obviously the business owners that are coming up with it since they're offering it as an incentive to keep the older workers in the company. Just like everything else you argue...these things are being added as incentive to keep and draw employees. The same reason companies are paying more. People don't stay with companies their entire career anymore. Most are staying 3-5 years max and leaving for better pay and benefits elsewhere. Employees are no longer loyal to their employers like past generations.
I'll tell you this, yes, you're seeing SOME companies come up with these silly things, and I get it, but at some point the pendulum will swing the other way and I feel when times get tough, not if, we'll have to blame company shut downs on too much labor costs, including benefits.

So just out of curiosity, WLW reports this haze and wildfires in Canada, they also say people should stay inside and not do strenuous activities outside. So what about construction workers and farmers??? I mean you can't just take days off in certain lines of work.
N-95 for farmers and outdoor workers.

I have been trying to pick my time to work outside. Early in the mornings has been pretty bad air, but late afternoon on clears off a bit. Last night a strong wind blew through and haze is gone for now.

I'll tell you this, yes, you're seeing SOME companies come up with these silly things, and I get it, but at some point the pendulum will swing the other way and I feel when times get tough, not if, we'll have to blame company shut downs on too much labor costs, including benefits.
I have a family member who works for a company that offers amazing benefits. I used to think it was to keep the union out, now I think it may have more to do with employee retainment.

I have a family member who works for a company that offers amazing benefits. I used to think it was to keep the union out, now I think it may have more to do with employee retainment.
No doubt, I'd actually flip those, I think employee retainment is much more vital than keeping the union out. Union are dying all over. Most people don't even stay at employers long enough to care about a union. Employee turnover is very costly to organizations, but there are just so many jobs out there and unemployment is so good that there is little downside to leaving jobs.

No doubt, I'd actually flip those, I think employee retainment is much more vital than keeping the union out. Union are dying all over. Most people don't even stay at employers long enough to care about a union. Employee turnover is very costly to organizations, but there are just so many jobs out there and unemployment is so good that there is little downside to leaving jobs.
It will be real interesting to see if UPS workers vote to strike and thereby screw themselves competitive wise? I still use UPS because they are easy to find in shopping centers near me, but almost everything I order comes either Fed Ex or Amazon.

It will be real interesting to see if UPS workers vote to strike and thereby screw themselves competitive wise? I still use UPS because they are easy to find in shopping centers near me, but almost everything I order comes either Fed Ex or Amazon.
Most workers who strike don't see the long term downside. I guess if UPS goes under then can go work for Amazon??

Most workers who strike don't see the long term downside. I guess if UPS goes under then can go work for Amazon??
Where have you seen Employee Strikes lead to businesses just straight up closing?

Here's my theory, with the internet and everything else it has become much easier to find out what the bosses are making and what the company is making. It lead to employees asking for more of the cut. It's also easier to compare your pay with others in comparable fields. Employers are all trying to stick out to draw new employees and retain others. Training new can be much more expensive than just giving raises. Workers have a bit of a hand up right now if you're a hard worker and looking to advance

Workers have a bit of a hand up right now if you're a hard worker and looking to advance
True, but the whole union mentality goes against this. Union is about protecting jobs, equality for all employees. Why work hard when everyone gets the same?

True, but the whole union mentality goes against this. Union is about protecting jobs, equality for all employees. Why work hard when everyone gets the same?
Most of these jobs aren't union jobs. I'm fine with unions are think they serve a purpose, you know what you're getting and there's probably more job security in some instances. And at those places the only way to get significant raises would be via promotion or working extended hours at an OT rate.

Listening to The Big One this week, the story of the 9 year old girl being fatally shot by stray bullets while in her house is just so sad. I cannot imagine living in a big city where some people have no regard for human life.

Listening to The Big One this week, the story of the 9 year old girl being fatally shot by stray bullets while in her house is just so sad. I cannot imagine living in a big city where some people have no regard for human life.
Big City? Are you familiar with where it happened?

No, wasn't in the city?
No, right around the corner from the Kenwood Mall. These types on things are happening in nearly every community to some extent. For instance I live in Warren County and it seems like we're averaging about one shooting a week now. There's been five officer inolved shootings I can think of just this year

That darn Mike McConnell, he just dispels all the myths of how bad it is today for the younger generation.

Just went on a rant about how the younger generation just complains about how bad it is with the environment, expenses, jobs, everything. Of course the media just plays along, no one ever reminds people that today, the air, water, everything is cleaner than it's ever been. In the 70's, after a few decades of industrialization and smoke stacks were common, smart leaders came up with the EPA and it's been working hard to keep things as safe as possible.
Food is so much more plentiful now, hence the obesity problem. Clothes are so cheap to manufacture and buy that saving cloths are a thing of the past. We live in a pretty disposable society because we can produce things so much cheaper and they are not made to last forever, nor do most things need to.
You know how I know things are pretty good now, drive by a factory in your area, maybe even one that you know that the wages are not that great. Cars / vehicles look pretty good, eh? Not too long ago, you'd drive by a factory and it was cars that were 10-20 years old, rustbuckets, in poor condition.

No, right around the corner from the Kenwood Mall. These types on things are happening in nearly every community to some extent. For instance I live in Warren County and it seems like we're averaging about one shooting a week now. There's been five officer inolved shootings I can think of just this year
More drive by shootings yesterday. To me, this is a direct consequence of the riots and backlash a few years ago and the constant complaints of police brutality. We've handcuffed authorities to take action because of fear of lawsuits. We get what we get.